Re: End of year best of review

Gig - New Order, MIF. The guy with the crazy dancing on synth No.5 was the dude.
Worst Gig - Thundercat, Manchester. Sorry 6music. It was gash.
Beer - Korev
Clothes - Navy Rain coat, AD Deetz from Berlin.  Super tight rain proof cotton. Acemans. Proper acemans.
Album - going to do a separate list
Book - So few this year. I really enjoyed the latest John Le Carre, A Legacy Of Spies
TV - Peeky Blinders but trying to watch less. Can’t help feel we’re just sat in front of the TV all the time. Run more, watch less innit.
Travel - Copenhagen and Berlin were top.  St Ives is still superb and Croatia was lovely as always.
High - still employed, got everything I want. No complaints at all.
Low - Telling my mate his separated wife was seeing a new feller. The lad he suspected that helped move the breakup along which we all told him was bollocks. He took it quite well. Also I didnt run as much as I wanted.

Kind of culturally disconnected from whatever's happening these days so music, film and books are not exactly new.
Best gig - Wedding Present, Leeds.
Book - Jack's Return Home (Get Carter)
Radio - I like Mark Riley's Show on 6
Leeds - Good to see Viera mature and Phillips improve
Place - Belfast and Northern Ireland, a blast.
Posters - all who contribute as ever, Fuzzy makes me laugh plus Trav for taking the time to write some good stuff.
Event - Brexit/Trump/Election - never known the world do divided, mixed up and generally fucked.
Most missed - Cutsyke. Dry, funny, makes the whole place better.
Hopes for next year - Get happier, healthier, tell more people to fuck off where applicable.

Last edited by Harvest (Sun 31 Dec 2017 7:43 pm)

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Album: Reflections - Mojave Desert by Floating Points
Book: Barbarian Days by William Finnegan
TV: Barely watch it, but I did enjoy The Vietnam War - proper old fashioned documentary that didn't expect its audience to have the attention span of a gnat.
Film: Dunno
Best game: Football? pfft. But I did enjoy Durham v Yorkshire in the T20. Both because the result could have gone either way until the last few balls and because, being stone cold sober, I got a lot more enjoyment out of the game, not having to wander off every 30 mins for a piss or a trip to the bar.
Place: West coast of Scotland near Mallaig. Damp. But beautiful.
High: Walking 3/4 of St Oswald's Way without any preparation, and without killing myself.
Low: Mid-life crisis.

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"