Topic: Blacking up

This is funny

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11708262.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/Darts-fan-dresses-up-in-blackface-as-Diane-Abbott-when-fellow-MP-complains-theyre-told-to-stop-t.jpg

I know this chap, he’s a top lad and funny as fuck. Great footballer too.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 17 Dec 2017 12:11 am)

Re: Blacking up

Thought that sort of thing wasn't allowed anymore?
Can he expect a knock at the door when he gets home?

The sign made me chuckle like.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Who's he supposed to be David Baddiel?

He’s in hiding.

Whole schtick was done for the “190” sign. He’s not even political at all, Ive know him ten years and never heard him say anything remotely right wing or racist.

This is a discussion point, what is the perceived wrongness in “blacking up”?

Fairly certain it's not illegal but in today's fucked up world,if someone decides they're offended by it there's decent odds it'll go further.
TB should have s more considered view in terms of the legals

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

placidcasual wrote:

He’s in hiding.

Whole schtick was done for the “190” sign. He’s not even political at all, Ive know him ten years and never heard him say anything remotely right wing or racist.

This is a discussion point, what is the perceived wrongness in “blacking up”?

Bet he got bought enough pints, can't see the darts crowd being anything other then white, angry and piss heads, doubt they like David Baddiel..

It's the 'happy-go-lucky little coon on the plantation', simple folk who know their place, as slaves for the white man, and are content with it in an almost infantile way. It meant they couldn't be seen as of worth, as being intelligent. To be honest, it dehumanised them into grotesque caricatures,  bad cartoon characters to be laughed at.
Later on black characters were played by whites in 'black face' as you couldn't actually have a real-life 'darkie' playing them.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

epic bantz

What is the difference between pop and rock n' roll? You might get fucked.

I don't get it - is it a really clever art installation, or is it something more reductive?

Am I been stupid here, but is the whole thing effectively distilled down to black people are...

Do you know what, I don't know what to write. But it's fucking wrong.

I'm honestly amazed that a.) a self aware adult that hasn't been in a coma for the last 10yrs thought it was ok and b.) he got to & from the venue without being hit by someone.

The twitter lynch mob are lighting their torches & sharpening their pitchforks as we speak. I think he's going to have a 'lively' few days. He'll regret not going as a smurf. Smurfs are always a safe bet.

Misura wrote:

I'm honestly amazed that a.) a self aware adult that hasn't been in a coma for the last 10yrs thought it was ok and b.) he got to & from the venue without being hit by someone.

The twitter lynch mob are lighting their torches & sharpening their pitchforks as we speak. I think he's going to have a 'lively' few days. He'll regret not going as a smurf. Smurfs are always a safe bet.

Aren't Smurfs just little Scottish people?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

I cant stop laughing about it. Probably more the reaction it's got in the media, all be it low level "outrage" attention.

I guess I know the lad and the context but I can see how it would make people angry. I'm not an advocate of blacking up or not as it goes.

Mis in answer to your questions:

a.) he probably did it as he knew it would get more of a reaction, he's on the edge type character
b.) he's an ex Leeds Boxing club stalwart and has hands like azumah nelson. I'd fancy him against most folks of any size.

Took me a while to work out it was meant to be Diane Abbott and Donald Trump's lad.

Site stalwart.

Don't know who it is, or what it's about, but if blacking up is still acceptable then I'm flabbergasted. Might as well bring back Love thy Neighbour and get Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning (I know he's dead, by the way) on prime time TV, too.

On a similar note, I was involved in a discussion with a few people at work about whether terms like 'coloured' are acceptable any more, and the use of words like 'black', 'West Indian' etc. All was going well until a woman I work with stated:

'You can't even use the term 'nigger' any more to describe negroes'.

That was a conversation stopper.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

https://twitter.com/StarSports_Bet/stat … 5720632320

Site stalwart.

Not enough folk whiting up.

placidcasual wrote:

I cant stop laughing about it. Probably more the reaction it's got in the media, all be it low level "outrage" attention.

I guess I know the lad and the context but I can see how it would make people angry. I'm not an advocate of blacking up or not as it goes.

Mis in answer to your questions:

a.) he probably did it as he knew it would get more of a reaction, he's on the edge type character
b.) he's an ex Leeds Boxing club stalwart and has hands like azumah nelson. I'd fancy him against most folks of any size.

Fair play to your to mate then.

As he's getting ready in his hotel room, he's been faced with a decision, and he's gone for the path less traveled. He's gone for the "I'm going to start a rabid discussion about racial identity, politics and misogyny in 21st century Britain, and set social media alight for 24hrs, that may result in death threats, my windows being put through, losing my job and being dragged through the red tops".

He could easily have thought as he was applying the make up  "Fuck it, it's a week before xmas, it's only the darts, i can do without all the hassle, i'm half cut as it is, i'll go as a womble".

Has he been i'd yet?

Last edited by Misura (Sun 17 Dec 2017 1:53 pm)

Why would you dress up as her if it wasn't for a perceived reach around from the beauts that go to the darts?

Not ID'd yet. He probably laugh it off anyhow. He's his own boss so wont get sacked.

Attention seeking innit for what ever reason. He's certainly getting some now.. ha ha..

I've never been to darts, not sure of the appeal meself.

Darts, it's shit, just looks like all the weapons you try and avoid at football or the FB warriors who post Paul Joseph Watson and claim he's got a point.

When my mate got told to 'keep smiling' so some cunt of a copper could see him, the officer in question thought it was funny. He was grinning all over. And he had decent hands because he scared the living shit out of me when I challenged him and he choked me.
Fuck me, it's 2017. All these people saying get over it need to remember where it comes from.
I saw someone saying but the joke is about her not being able to add up so he had to black up to make the joke. Well, some jokes ain't worth fucking telling.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

When my mate got told to 'keep smiling' so some cunt of a copper could see him, the officer in question thought it was funny. He was grinning all over. And he had decent hands because he scared the living shit out of me when I challenged him and he choked me.
Fuck me, it's 2017. All these people saying get over it need to remember where it comes from.
I saw someone saying but the joke is about her not being able to add up so he had to black up to make the joke. Well, some jokes ain't worth fucking telling.

Imagine if Santas helpers was a black person and every year people dressed up as him and danced about in celebration of xmas. Sounds weird right?

http://barendrechtnu.nl/media/fullThumb/main/5788/news/sinterklaas-komt-met-zwarte-pieten-naar-barendrecht.jpg

Placid, you been hacked mate?

king of the slums wrote:

Placid, you been hacked mate?

Ha no.

Just being objective about it. Annoyingly so. Apologies for that.

Look at this... bonkers

placidcasual wrote:

Not ID'd yet. He probably laugh it off anyhow. He's his own boss so wont get sacked.

Attention seeking innit for what ever reason. He's certainly getting some now.. ha ha..

I've never been to darts, not sure of the appeal meself.

If he keeps it up, by the day's end Patrick Barclay will be on the phone asking him for a job.