Topic: So Here It Is -Dave Hill

As rock biographies go this is no Hammer of The Gods or No-one Here Gets Out Alive eg there's a chapter about buying his house in Solihull. Good read though. Charts Slade's formation and break-up and it confirms a view I've formed about Slade, in that they were really two bands. There was the good time, top hat, platform boots, hands in the air, party boys and also a proper, hard working, time served, hard slog, serious rock n roll band. I prefer the latter.

It must have been ghost written but it's as if it's one long monologue told in a pub by the ageing rock star holding court. There's this tale of them before they'd made it securing a residency in Barbados and a promoter called King Sniff. I read it in a Bob Mortimer does Dave Hill voice and have now spent the last couple of days, in private moments, exclaiming, 'Bloody King Sniff!' in my best surprised Wolverhampton/Slade accent for my own simple amusement.

It won't win any major literary honours but he seems like a good egg and it's worth a read. Get down and get with it kids.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: So Here It Is -Dave Hill

I think Stuart Adamson liked them.

In a Stuart Adamson vein I only found out the other day he killed himself 16 years ago.

Aim Low and miss...

He mentions that song, says they ripped off Big Country.

^^^  Ha Ha Ha - really?

I think that is the only non christmas slade song I know.

I heard a song in the pub the other day, was proper heavy blues based rock - asked a chap who it was and was gobsmacked to be told it was Slade - forget the name now and I also appreciate it somewhat lessens the anecdote.

Aim Low and miss...

Here you go Dan.

Do you like Slade?

Aim Low and miss...

Whenever I think of Dave Hill these days it's always Bob Mortimer in 'Slade in Residence'.

http://images.45spaces.com/f/ass/slade-new-musical-express-ass.jpg

Does he mention anything about Cup-a-soups in the book?

I haven't felt this good for an hour

Mentions Reeves & Mortimer, not Cup a Soup though which is a little disappointing.

Better than The Beatles..

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.