Topic: Lamb pie

Currently in the oven. Individual pie from M&S deli, selling off late on, was £4 + (for an individual fucking pie), reduced to 85p.

Will report back.

Site stalwart.

Re: Lamb pie

Excellent. A must buy pie.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Currently in the oven. Individual pie from M&S deli, selling off late on, was £4 + (for an individual fucking pie), reduced to 85p.

Will report back.

Are you one of those Whoops vultures? I didn't realise it was a thing. Folk go to Marks specifically to loiter round the meat counters waiting for the write downs.

No, happened to be in there, thought I'd have a wander round the food emporium and spotted the said pie beckoning me over.

Site stalwart.

Im off loitering

placidcasual wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Will report back.

Are you one of those Whoops vultures? I didn't realise it was a thing. Folk go to Marks specifically to loiter round the meat counters waiting for the write downs.

There's a regular band of old coots that do this in Morrisons,  same fellas every night.  It's like a club or something.  Think I I will join it when I retire.

Mystery dinner every night.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Harvest wrote:

Excellent. A must buy pie.

At 85p yes

At £4.00 you can do one

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

placidcasual wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Will report back.

There's a frenzy at my local Tescos around 1900 - that's when the 10% reduction becomes 70%ish and it's Asia v Eastern Europe in a Rollerball style fight off in the rotting aisle

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Worked in Horsforth Morrison's, probably 30 years ago, and the OAPs were following us on the produce section at the end of a shift for mark-downs back then. Pre-barcodes so we'd put 1p and 2p on the stickers.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Well in Harvest.

Fancy meself as a bit of a player when it comes to trawling through the stuff on the shitshelf, but I've recently realised I'm Conference (North) at best.

Approached said discount shelf the other day in Morrisons, to be met by the backs of a set of 3 fat cunts, who'd effectively formed a "front row," rugby style and were inspecting every fucking item on show between themselves, before piling it up in their collective basket.  Didn't get a sniff and neither did anyone else poised on the fringes.  Twats.

"We are The Fall"

I've got a mate who is an expert in M &S mink shelf operations. I think he keeps spreadsheets on it. His latest haul was 5 turkey crowns on the 27th Dec reduced from £28 each to pennies. Fair fucks to him. His freezer is stacked full of almost out of date top notch food.