Topic: The OMJ Spotify Jukebox

Smutty has set up a collaborative Spotify playlist.

Anyone can join.

https://open.spotify.com/user/neilochx/ … UYKuG6ja50

Feel free to follow then add tracks of your choosing.

We're adding 4 at a time - let's try and get a broad mix on there from all OMJ Spotify users.

Re: The OMJ Spotify Jukebox

Just added some

Last edited by Rudi (Mon 15 Jan 2018 1:51 pm)

Fucks sake.. who's put Frank ocean on there?

I'm out..

scootay wrote:

I'm out..

big_smile

Not on Spotify,  don't blame me.....

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

How the fuck do I sort this out? I've sign up; how do i put a song ont' list?

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

scootay wrote:

I'm out..

All part of the fun Scoots.

All part of the fun...

Misura wrote:

How the fuck do I sort this out? I've sign up; how do i put a song ont' list?

Once you have signed up (you might need to be premium not sure) 'Follow' the list.

Then search for any song, hit the three dotted menu button and select playlist, and add it to OMJ Radio.

Loose Lips wrote:
scootay wrote:

I'm out..

All part of the fun...

Ears send a signal to the brain when I hear that shit. It says kill! Kill! Kill!

Honestly can't handle any music of that ilk..

I daren't listen anymore in case another track like that comes on.

It's best all round if I just leave you all to it

scootay wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:
scootay wrote:

I'm out..

All part of the fun...

Ears send a signal to the brain when I hear that shit. It says kill! Kill! Kill!

I put Frank Ocean on and I may well put some more on.

I can't add - I have premium, have followed but does not show the playlist when I try and add. 

FML - I hate technology most of the time.

Last edited by danpiesley (Mon 15 Jan 2018 6:14 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

Rudi wrote:
scootay wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

All part of the fun...

Anyone can put on what they want, that's what it's there for. You crack on Rudi.  I won't be listening anyway.

I'm deadly serious when I say I can't listen to that shit. Appreciate others can but I'm not wired up for that

Can you only add via the app?

Aim Low and miss...

Rudi wrote:
scootay wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

All part of the fun...

Love it, never heard it before.

danpiesley wrote:

I can't add - I have premium, have followed but does not show the playlist when I try and add. 

Yeah could be.

The web app didn’t allow it.

The Windows and iPhone app did.

Just a track on to test. Good idea.

Site stalwart.

Put.

Site stalwart.

This is good. Some ace tunes on gents. I've asked Cuts, Oddjob and Gore if they want to contribute.

Sometimes they come back...

Loose Lips wrote:
danpiesley wrote:

Yeah could be.

The web app didn’t allow it.

The Windows and iPhone app did.

Cheers - i'll look later, I'm still at work!

Aim Low and miss...

Cuts doesn't have Spotify, Gore just posted some unfunny picture when I asked him so I'm guessing that's a no. Jobbo's weighing in.

LL the Marvin Gaye tune is ace and who put the Bitter Lake music up?

placidcasual wrote:

This is good. Some ace tunes on gents. I've asked Cuts, Oddjob and Gore if they want to contribute.

Rather proclaim it, Placid, through my host, that he which hath no stomach for this forum, let him depart; his passport shall be made and crowns for convoy put into his purse. I would not compile a spotify playlist in that man's company that fears his fellowship to post with us.

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

scootay wrote:
Rudi wrote:
scootay wrote:

Anyone can put on what they want, that's what it's there for. You crack on Rudi.  I won't be listening anyway.

I'm deadly serious when I say I can't listen to that shit. Appreciate others can but I'm not wired up for that

What do you mean by "that shit"? And what do you find so objectionable about it? Genuine question. I don't think there's any type of music I can't find something good in.

Misura wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Rather proclaim it, Placid, through my host, that he which hath no stomach for this forum, let him depart; his passport shall be made and crowns for convoy put into his purse. I would not compile a spotify playlist in that man's company that fears his fellowship to post with us.

innit!

Shame. They were on the wireless tonight on 6. Twice Ive heard them today for he first time.

Rudi wrote:
scootay wrote:
Rudi wrote:

What do you mean by "that shit"? And what do you find so objectionable about it? Genuine question. I don't think there's any type of music I can't find something good in.

It's hard to explain.

I'm no John peel.. I wish I was because I've been a music addict for as long as I can remember. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic in my taste but there are certain things I can't stand. And I'm not saying it because I think I know what I'm on about. I'm not saying it for effect either and I'm not a music snob.

Genuinely, if I walk in a cafe/shop/bar and that's playing I walk straight out and go somewhere else.

Is it classed as r n b? And that's a genuine question too. If it is then there's something about modern r n b that puts me in a rage. His voice for a start gets on my tits instantly.. studio twiddling voice affects.. just save studio costs by sticking a peg on your nose. If I hold my nose while singing I sound like most artists I unfortunately hear now and again. You're lucky that you find something good in all music because it won't wind you up like it winds me up. My kids suffer.. I've never let them listen to capital in the car.. when I hear grime coming out the bedroom I storm upstairs and tell them to turn that shit off now.. seriously I do.

If someone posts in a thread a song from the likes of Frank then I don't play it, it's easy.. but if I'm enjoying a playlist and then it comes on and surprises me it winds me up.

It might sound pathetic or far fetched but I'm not making it up.

I'd happily go in the studio and blow the cunts head off then sit in silence waiting for the police.

I don't force my music on anyone and never have. I recognise that, say some heavy metal nut is the same basically as me.. he loves his music and gets off on it but is a bit blinkered.  I detest heavy metal but don't mind the harmless heavy metaler.

People who like a broader spectrum of music than me have an easier time    you can go anywhere...i have to dodge clever to remain calm..

Was it in Guantanamo bay where they played death metal to prisoners?

I wouldn't last an hour