Re: The OMJ Spotify Jukebox

Nowt like sitting on the fence is there? lol

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

With some of the artists you like Scootay, I'd have thought you'd like some soul singers?

Misura wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

This is good. Some ace tunes on gents. I've asked Cuts, Oddjob and Gore if they want to contribute.

Rather proclaim it, Placid, through my host, that he which hath no stomach for this forum, let him depart; his passport shall be made and crowns for convoy put into his purse. I would not compile a spotify playlist in that man's company that fears his fellowship to post with us.

I liked this.

placidcasual wrote:

LL the Marvin Gaye tune is ace

My favourite of his. It’s the groove. It sounds like a first take. Pure genius.

Expanding Man wrote:

With some of the artists you like Scootay, I'd have thought you'd like some soul singers?

Is Frank ocean a soul singer?

Fucks sake I take it back..

When I saw Alabama shakes in a tiny Manchester venue a few years ago it was like that scene in the blues brothers ... I saw the light.. now Britney Howard has soul.. I was brought up with a lot of jazz plus the Beatles, Simon and garfunkel and stuff but mainly jazz.. Billy Holliday was a favourite, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald count basie, the list goes on. My dad met Louis Armstrong in America, loved him. My favourite album in the 70s was innervisions.. don't get the connection though.

And while I'm on it I don't like Kendrick Lamar... heard him a lot on 6music And hate everyrhing I've heard.

And that king krule song is shite ha

“Get some ‘Northern‘ on”

Scootay.

Kendrick.

Untilted Unmastered.

Play it once and let me know.

Loose Lips wrote:

Scootay.

Kendrick.

Untilted Unmastered.

Play it once and let me know.

No!

Not taking the piss. Its astonishly good.

Loose Lips wrote:

Not taking the piss. Its astonishly good.

I know you're not.. he's raved about.. every dj on 6music loves him.. I've heard a lot by him and I've not liked anything..  nothing.. might have a tentative skip through it.. can't say I won't be pulling a face along the lines of trying an oyster

"I'd happily go in the studio and blow the cunts head off then sit in silence waiting for the police"

That made me laugh so loud I woke the missus up.

I know this lass who hates all music. Any music whatsoever. Never met anyone else like that. Her favourite pub is Wetherspoons, purely because they don't have a PRS licence.

I went out with a girl who didnt like music, it didnt last. She were filth tho

placidcasual wrote:

The good Lord giveth and he taketh away ...

Bizzarely, a very good friend hates music. In fact two, but one doesn’t know it.

The first only has the soundtrack from Kevin and Perry Go Large.

The second had Counting Crows’ first record and, in another soundtrack related moment of madness, music from the Godfather.

It’s always confused me.

Rudi wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

The good Lord giveth and he taketh away ...

I feel were all a lot closer. Thanks to Spotify.

Rudi wrote:

"I'd happily go in the studio and blow the cunts head off then sit in silence waiting for the police"

That made me laugh so loud I woke the missus up.

I know this lass who hates all music. Any music whatsoever. Never met anyone else like that. Her favourite pub is Wetherspoons, purely because they don't have a PRS licence.

I get that

I can only see myself getting worse as I get older..

My granddad was a right cantankerous serious no nonsense fella.. he shouted and raged about everyrhing. My mates called him Mr angry after the Steve Wright radio 1 character..

I'm heading there quicker

Loose Lips wrote:

Bizzarely, a very good friend hates music. In fact two, but one doesn’t know it.

The second had Counting Crows’ first record and, in another soundtrack related moment of madness, music from the Godfather.

It’s always confused me.

My business partner is 34 And he's never bought a single piece of music in his life

He also drives without his seatbelt on and can happily sit there with the fuckin warning beepz getting louder and louder. I feel like I'm gonna explode and then have to ask him calmly to plug the fuckin thing in. Only way it could be worse is if the alarm noise was fuckin Adele singing

scootay wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

It’s always confused me.

My business partner is 34 And he's never bought a single piece of music in his life

He also drives without his seatbelt on and can happily sit there with the fuckin warning beepz getting louder and louder. I feel like I'm gonna explode and then have to ask him calmly to plug the fuckin thing in. Only way it could be worse is if the alarm noise was fuckin Adele singing

Or Billy Ocean

Rudi wrote:
scootay wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

All part of the fun Scoots.

All part of the fun...

Ears send a signal to the brain when I hear that shit. It says kill! Kill! Kill!

Honestly can't handle any music of that ilk..

I daren't listen anymore in case another track like that comes on.

It's best all round if I just leave you all to it

I put Frank Ocean on and I may well put some more on.

Come on Scootay, you post up some great indie stuff and some absolute shite big_smile  that I've given a listen to, open up, take the faaarkin earplugs out, lose the stereotype... its a modern world and there's some excellent new hip hop/ R+B stuff out there

if you dont like Kendrick Lamar, then go to the quack and get yer ears syringed

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Tue 16 Jan 2018 1:11 am)

Take off hosers ...

Yeah come on Scootay, i'm looking forward to hearing more of your fresh recommendations. The young London band were a pleasant surprise.

On an equally serious note, who the fuck put a jam song on there big_smile

placidcasual wrote:
scootay wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

It’s always confused me.

Or Billy Ocean

Sounds like the going’s got tough for Scoots already

I'm with Scoots...can't fucking stand hip hop or R&B!
You either get it or you don't..and I don't!

Not knocking anyone that does mind but definitely not my genre.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Used to work with a bloke who hated music. He possessed one single. I asked him who it was by, 'I don't know, Ladyboy Black Mamba or summat. My missus bought me it, they used it on a beans advert'

'And you like that then yeh?'

'Nah, it's fucking shit'

'Why did she buy you it then?'

'Dunno, cos I like beans I suppose.'

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

placidcasual wrote:

Sounds like she could play a tune on your banjo string.......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

I'm with Scoots...can't fucking stand hip hop or R&B!
You either get it or you don't..and I don't!

Not knocking anyone that does mind but definitely not my genre.

Agree OY

No one's listening to me..

I detest modern hip hop r n b with all my heart. My brain is not wired up for it.. I doubt syringing my ears will open up a whole new listening pleasure to me either.

It's no big deal.. I'm very happy with my music lot, the omj playlist is an ace idea. I was very excited Sunday .. nice while it lasted smile