Topic: Turin

Off for the weekend at beginning of May, going here on the Sat night http://www.ogrtorino.it/en/ any recommendations to stay/eat ?

ta

Re: Turin

It's a shithole and you've made a mistake booking. Danke.

Last edited by Misura (Wed 17 Jan 2018 3:59 pm)

Come on, there must be someone else other than the blinkered blade with knowledge of northern Italian cities.

NO gig innit Mis and if i'm jammy i'll get to see the old lady or t'other lot.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015 … urin-italy

Looks interesting

I've been  - in 1992.

I recall a huge police station, lots of of prostitutes and reckless driving.

Review ends.

*please rate my review.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

I've been  - in 1992.

Review ends.

*please rate my review.

That could be a Milan review also. Seem to remember walking down a road at night near the station and seeing silhouttes of curvacios looking prostitutes in the distance. One of our group shot offrunning towards them with the words “let the dog see the rabbitt” trailing off after him in the distance.

The rabbits turned out to big six foot cross dressing prozzies. A night he’ll never forget.

placidcasual wrote:

That could be a Milan review also. Seem to remember walking down a road at night near the station and seeing silhouttes of curvacios looking prostitutes in the distance. One of our group shot offrunning towards them with the words “let the dog see the rabbitt” trailing off after him in the distance.

The rabbits turned out to big six foot cross dressing prozzies. A night he’ll never forget.

big_smile

I had a similar experience in Berlin pre-season.

Did Milan and Turin for work in the 90s. Didn't see much of either but never felt a desire to return and I love Italy.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

^^^  I had similar in Playa Las Americas - huge black 'lady' propsitioned me - in my addled state I summoned the strength to have a feel of her balls and declined the offer.

Aim Low and miss...

CBIT wrote:

Off for the weekend at beginning of May, going here on the Sat night http://www.ogrtorino.it/en/ any recommendations to stay/eat ?

ta

The weekend of the 5th & 6th? It'll be warm at that time of the year.

I've been a fair few times to Turin, at various times of the year, for the football. It's an industrial city that in recent years has made a concerted effort to broaden it's cultural appeal. They had a big music festival last summer with richard ashcroft, pj harvey, the shins & BJM.

It is easy to get to by plane and or train, having its own airport and situated on the fast line between lyon & milan.

The centre is old and grand, in the milan style, cobble stoned road, stone paving pavements and squares and there is a large park in the middle that is nice to mooch about in. There's also the superga church on the hill outside the city into which a plane crashed & wiped out the best club side ever assembled.

The is the historic fiat factory with the race track on the roof, which i snow a bar/hotel i believe. There also a tower called the mole, which you can go up. There's a decent egyptian museum and then there's a copy/original of the shroud if that floats your boat.

They have a hot chocolate drink which is a local specialty, and it's like trying to drink chocolate polystyrene. Nice though.

I've been to the old della alpi and the new torino ground, but not the new juventus place. The weekend you are there is the third to last game of the season & juve are playing bologna. Chances are that it will be the title decider.

There are bars & stuff in the centre and in the summer there are bars and restaurants done by the river. A good italian style cafe culture.

The city is flat and easy to walk about in, and it has a basic underground system and an extensive tram network.

Drug, prostitutes & fights can be found around the central train station in the late evening/early morning. wink

Misura wrote:
CBIT wrote:

ta

The weekend of the 5th & 6th? It'll be warm at that time of the year.

I've been a fair few times to Turin, at various times of the year, for the football. It's an industrial city that in recent years has made a concerted effort to broaden it's cultural appeal. They had a big music festival last summer with richard ashcroft, pj harvey, the shins & BJM.

It is easy to get to by plane and or train, having its own airport and situated on the fast line between lyon & milan.

The centre is old and grand, in the milan style, cobble stoned road, stone paving pavements and squares and there is a large park in the middle that is nice to mooch about in. There's also the superga church on the hill outside the city into which a plane crashed & wiped out the best club side ever assembled.

The is the historic fiat factory with the race track on the roof, which i snow a bar/hotel i believe. There also a tower called the mole, which you can go up. There's a decent egyptian museum and then there's a copy/original of the shroud if that floats your boat.

They have a hot chocolate drink which is a local specialty, and it's like trying to drink chocolate polystyrene. Nice though.

I've been to the old della alpi and the new torino ground, but not the new juventus place. The weekend you are there is the third to last game of the season & juve are playing bologna. Chances are that it will be the title decider.

There are bars & stuff in the centre and in the summer there are bars and restaurants done by the river. A good italian style cafe culture.

The city is flat and easy to walk about in, and it has a basic underground system and an extensive tram network.

Drug, prostitutes & fights can be found around the central train station in the late evening/early morning. wink

And trannys? Asking for a "friend"

Fucking loads.

Tell your friend 'yes'. smile

placidcasual wrote:
danpiesley wrote:

I've been  - in 1992.

Review ends.

*please rate my review.

I remember running into some lad after one of the Roma games who had stayed in Milan. When we asked him what Milan was like he responded with the Whickeresque 'Its shit unless you like graffiti'

I've not heard many good things about Turin but I'm told its better than Bari which was merrily descibed as Kirkby by the sea.

Naples & Palermo are where you go to test yer mettle.

Ah Palermo. Summer of 92. Such a cruel mistress.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

Ah Palermo. Summer of 92. Such a cruel mistress.

Do you still bear the scars?

I don't like to talk about it.

Anyway, Palermo's where I went on the train from Rome and was asleep for most of the journey. After a couple of days it dawned on me we'd crossed a large amount of water and I'd never moved an inch. I presume the train went on the boat.

I was in a carriage with a young saucy Swedish couple. Still reckon they were up for a threesome.

lol

Lovely lads, we still write.

Harvest wrote:

Anyway, Palermo's where I went on the train from Rome and was asleep for most of the journey. After a couple of days it dawned on me we'd crossed a large amount of water and I'd never moved an inch. I presume the train went on the boat.

Sounds like you'd been rohypnoled.

You'd be correct, you cross the straits of messina by ferry. They've been trying to build a bridge across it, but the money keeps going 'missing'.

26 years later I can still picture her, she had a navy blue v neck jumper and blond (surprisingly) curly hair. Her bloke talked to me about football while I stared at her , frantically shovelling thoughts into my wank bank like a Flying Scotsman stoker.

It's like erotic fiction.

"The warm sun cast strange shapes on the carriage wall as we crossed the straits of messina. I began to slowly drift into unconsciousness, Anni-Frid fumbled with my belt; I was too tired to stop her. It had been a long day. A new life awaited us in Sicily."

I remember the advert now, 'Inter-railing, get your cock sucked on an overnight boat-train. Book early'.