Re: Millwall (h)

Average manager, probably a good coach, some of the players are real quality but sadly when we have players like Cooper playing we have weak links in the team to be exploited. He's a good average player.

Until the team and manager match the owner and the fan's expectations we will not achieve anything.

Harvest wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

'Exciting game for the neutral', apparently.

Good fight back, but you should not being going down to 10 men and conceding 2 goals (and should have been more) by half-time.

A bottom half finish looks nailed on.

Far from it.

I hope you're right.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

I hope they appeal Coopenbauer's sending off and the ban gets extended. I don't know whether it was a definite red but he's not in a good postion to be making a challenge.

Good to see Millwall players charging down the ref to help him makes his decision. Leeds are extraordinarily naive when it comes to football's black arts.

The first half was back to the absolute spinelessness of the last few seasons, the second half they tricked us into thinking they might not lose.

Gave the game away against a very poor side.

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

I hope they appeal Coopenbauer's sending off and the ban gets extended. I don't know whether it was a definite red but he's not in a good postion to be making a challenge.

Good to see Millwall players charging down the ref to help him makes his decision. Leeds are extraordinarily naive when it comes to football's black arts.

The first half was back to the absolute spinelessness of the last few seasons, the second half they tricked us into thinking they might not lose.

2nd half was ace for 35 minutes. The elation when the 3rd goal went was fantastic.

placidcasual wrote:

2nd half was ace for 35 minutes. The elation when the 3rd goal went was fantastic.

True, they worked their socks off in the second. The winner came from our throw which didn't give Dallas likeable wet lettuce that he is much chance. There are times when they don't appear to understand the cynical football often needed in the championship. Mind you that's what Colin is for.

These sendings off are making me angry until at least Tuesday dinner.

Most Millwall I've ever seen at our place for a league game, can't remember what they brought in the play offs, something similar I'd imagine.

They completely bossed the first half. We were all over the place. They should have scored after 10 seconds, Wiedwald pushing a shot out instead of the more straightforward catch. Having said that Lassoga should have done so much better with an early header, either side of the keeper for 1-0.

Every ball into the box they won, like we had lead on our boots. Little in the way of challenges in the air. We were crying out for a proper holding midfielder, a Batty, a Dacourt. Crazy situation with their first. Goal disallowed sixty seconds earlier and without taking a breath it's in the net again. At 2-0 down I was screaming for them to go mental, foul someone, get a booking, anything. Cooper does all this and more. Not quite what I was after. Harsh sending off and why did it take two minutes but he's simply not good enough. He'd already given it away twice.

I'd thrown the towel in at half time but fair play, great start and great goal from Lassoga. A scrambled goal from Roofe and we're back in it. Hernandez was having a stormer second half and Berardi was clattering anything that moved. Magnificent goal for 3-2 from Lassoga, me and the lad screaming Yeeeessss at each other. We did the right thing and kept attacking. Millwall were wobbling all over. When the inevitable happened for 3-3, I'd have settled for that, fair result, but the fucking flukey cunts. What a bastard. Felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. Thirty seconds later we nearly equalised for four all. That would have been bonkers.

Conclusions. Cooper's made himself look a tit and with Phillips’ booking we now have four suspensions. Not exactly ideal to launch a play off surge.
Viera never looked fit to start. Jansson should concentrate on being a good player instead of the dramatics. Keeper's shit. Lassoga shows that with service he'll score.
Difficult Feb/March coming up. I think we'll struggle now to be honest. Really fucked off about today though.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

Most Millwall I've ever seen at our place for a league game, can't remember what they brought in the play offs, something similar I'd imagine.

They completely bossed the first half. We were all over the place. They should have scored after 10 seconds, Wiedwald pushing a shot out instead of the more straightforward catch. Having said that Lassoga should have done so much better with an early header, either side of the keeper for 1-0.

Every ball into the box they won, like we had lead on our boots. Little in the way of challenges in the air. We were crying out for a proper holding midfielder, a Batty, a Dacourt. Crazy situation with their first. Goal disallowed sixty seconds earlier and without taking a breath it's in the net again. At 2-0 down I was screaming for them to go mental, foul someone, get a booking, anything. Cooper does all this and more. Not quite what I was after. Harsh sending off and why did it take two minutes but he's simply not good enough. He'd already given it away twice.

I'd thrown the towel in at half time but fair play, great start and great goal from Lassoga. A scrambled goal from Roofe and we're back in it. Hernandez was having a stormer second half and Berardi was clattering anything that moved. Magnificent goal for 3-2 from Lassoga, me and the lad screaming Yeeeessss at each other. We did the right thing and kept attacking. Millwall were wobbling all over. When the inevitable happened for 3-3, I'd have settled for that, fair result, but the fucking flukey cunts. What a bastard. Felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. Thirty seconds later we nearly equalised for four all. That would have been bonkers.

Conclusions. Cooper's made himself look a tit and with Phillips’ booking we now have four suspensions. Not exactly ideal to launch a play off surge.
Viera never looked fit to start. Jansson should concentrate on being a good player instead of the dramatics. Keeper's shit. Lassoga shows that with service he'll score.
Difficult Feb/March coming up. I think we'll struggle now to be honest. Really fucked off about today though.

Good call about Viera and Jansson who I thought quite fancied getting himself sent off for the second game running.

Are they running a sending off competition ? They'll not beat Coops.

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Sat 20 Jan 2018 9:37 pm)

We'll soon have more players banned than fans.

Site stalwart.

We were good for 25 mins poor for 60 and shit for 5 . They could of been 3 or 4 up at h/t . When I went down for a vape at h/t , well over 100 had give in and left . I said I’m going at 4 -0 . We came out the blocks and turned it about face . Thanks to Hernandez and lessoga . Lessoga ditched them lead boots and looked a player , winning headers , lay offs and goals.
Then our management think we can shutdown a game , we know they fucking can’t. Take strikers off , invite em on and throw away 3 points.
Straight away I thought it was a red , don’t know why the ref fucked about taking his time to get his card out .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Great post Harvest, bang on.

On the plus side,Lasogga finding his scoring boots again might just have saved us 500k in the transfer market!7

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Harvest wrote:

Good call about Viera and Jansson who I thought quite fancied getting himself sent off for the second game running.

Are they running a sending off competition ? They'll not beat Coops.

Cheers H.

What a fucking cluster fuck we are.

First game back for me.

We all knew deep down it was going to happen, right?

Bet your mate enjoyed it, what a game for the neutral.

He had fucking great time. Said the back of the west stand where we were reminded him of Highbury.

I think he shit himself when our first goal went in.

On a plus note:
De Bock looks good
Pennington looked great
Lasogga was lively and back to it
Saiz to come back
Forshaw?
Vieira to come back hopefully

placidcasual wrote:

On a plus note:
De Bock looks good
Pennington looked great
Lasogga was lively and back to it
Saiz to come back
Forshaw?
Vieira to come back hopefully

Agree, De Bock, Lasogga and Pennington were good.