Topic: Orient at home.....

Is off. Frozen pitch. Daughter not happy......

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Orient at home.....

Just like the late 70`s, early 80`s.

I used to love the cup draw.

Scunthorpe Utd or Derby County or Leicester or West Ham will play Manchester City or Gillingham or Middlesboro or Sunderland

________________________________________________________________________________

Some properly fucked off Orient fans on twitter etc. Club said no inspection yesterday. People got on trains (some had come up last night). Inspection held at 10.30. Game off. Blaming lower than expected temperatures last night. Which sounds like bollocks. It wasn't colder than it's been last night.
Some of the 'compensation claims' have been amusing mind. Practically asking for limos to pick them up next time...

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Guiseley called off their game against Barrow yesterday due to their pitch being frozen in patches.

Hoowever, the weather seems to have been slightly milder than forecast, so I suspect the game could have gone ahead.

So that's yet another game in hand. The trouble is, if there's some more bad weather, it could end up in some serious fixture congestion.

The ref has to be cautious I guess. They play, someone breaks a leg and he's in the shit. Shame as the weather wasn't half bad this afternoon after the rain stopped.
She gets hacked off when they have to rearrange as they generally play on a Tuesday and it's late for an 8-year old on a school night.
You can tell how much I'm enjoying this year. The kids are away with the Mrs at half-term and I reckon I'll still go to the Hartlepool game on the Tuesday night....
Guiseley's squad is massive. And with them being full-time they must be haemorrhaging money. Whatever happens they're not playing league football next season. One of the away games we'll get to. We've got Fylde away at Easter. She was talking about Wrexham away today....

Wish our match had been postponed.

Site stalwart.

I did think about going to ER when it was called off. But she wanted to practice drums and finish a project on the Celts.....wild, wild life.....

Travis Bickle wrote:

I did think about going to ER when it was called off. But she wanted to practice drums and finish a project on the Celts.....wild, wild life.....

Farsley ?

Travis Bickle wrote:

Guiseley's squad is massive. And with them being full-time they must be haemorrhaging money.

I don't know about the finances, but given that the average attendance is probably less than 1000, it's hard to see how Guiseley can afford that size of squad even if they're paying the minimum wage.

Guiseley brought in a new "top-name manager", Paul Cox, quite early in the season, in an attempt to turn around a bad start. It was projected by the club as being a very ambitious move: the team was going full time, with intentions of aiming for promotion to football league.

There's been a huge influx of new loans and signings, the result being a very unsettled team, and the need to ship on some of the established players.

Today saw the announcement that Connor Brown, their previous regular right back, being loaned to York to the end of the season. This has resulted in uproar on Guiseley's supporters' forum (well, some some quite vigorous tutting and grumbling, which is about as near an uproar as you're likely to get), as for most people he'd be the first name on the team sheet, given his zealousness and commitment to the team. (Unfortunately his zealousness and commitment to the team also equates to regular entries in referees' notebooks.)

One bright note is at the moment they seem to be signing experienced current football league players, rather than other non-league players.

Harvest wrote:

Wish our match had been postponed.

Think our lot thought it had been.....first half anyway!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

He’s good that right back.

zicoslovechild wrote:

Just like the late 70`s, early 80`s.

I used to love the cup draw.

Scunthorpe Utd or Derby County or Leicester or West Ham will play Manchester City or Gillingham or Middlesboro or Sunderland

Nice one. And orange balls.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?