Topic: pisa

Anyone been , fancy going in April with the wife and daughter

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: pisa

hendersonjones wrote:

Anyone been , fancy going in April with the wife and daughter

It's a shithole and you've made a mistake booking. Danke.

(I'm currently in the middle of something, i'll comeback with a more detailed post).

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: pisa

Other than the tower and the chapel, there's not much to the place as I remember. It's a bit of a tourist trap. I've been a few times with different people, and we've walked out of the train station to the tower, taken photos and walked back and gone elsewhere.

Where is elsewhere? Florence is the obvious one, a very beautiful city with lots to look at, or up the coast (viareggio or forte dei marmi) or in land to Lucca or prato. For day trip catch the train up past spezia towards genoa and do the cinque terra.

Have a look see here:

https://www.visittuscany.com/en/

http://www.cinqueterre.eu.com/en/

The airport in Pisa is bang on the edge of town, about 4k to the tower and 2.5k to the train station, which is connected by rail to the airport. Depending what train you catch, florence is between 50 and 60 mins away by train. The cinque terre is about about an hour on the fast train from pisa.

Last edited by Misura (Sat 20 Jan 2018 6:21 pm)

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: pisa

Yes, and what he said.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: pisa

I walked from the airport to my hotel. It's like coming out of a bus terminal.

From what I recall it's a University town and it's all very nice and there's a wonky tower but even the locals were saying if you want to see anything hop on the train to Florence.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: pisa

HJ, forgot to mention Siena as an option as well, harvest was distracting me. About 1hr 40 on the train from pisa. smile

This is the train website. http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: pisa

Sold , pisa it is then for the easter break , many thanks misura and harvest .
i think a day trip to Florence and a trip to the beach viareggio is on the cards .

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: pisa

I preferred Sienna to Florence. Florence is heaving with the tour ship coach brigade, tickingg off the tripadvisor top 10 attractions. Lucca meant to be nice

Share

Re: pisa

If you haven't booked accomodation get to Lucca. Great little place, fantastic walled city. Not stupidly busy. Had a week there in September, would go again no hesitation.

Last edited by Smutty Lips (Sun 21 Jan 2018 8:15 pm)

Share

Re: pisa

placidcasual wrote:

I preferred Sienna to Florence. Florence is heaving with the tour ship coach brigade, tickingg off the tripadvisor top 10 attractions. Lucca meant to be nice

My wife and her mates went to Italy for a week about 10 years ago

The only thing I remember about the holiday summary was one of her mates describing Sienna as a "c*ntish town"

Judith Chalmers she aint

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: pisa

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

I preferred Sienna to Florence. Florence is heaving with the tour ship coach brigade, tickingg off the tripadvisor top 10 attractions. Lucca meant to be nice

My wife and her mates went to Italy for a week about 10 years ago

The only thing I remember about the holiday summary was one of her mates describing Sienna as a "c*ntish town"

Judith Chalmers she aint

She sounds classy.

Share

Re: pisa

Chianti = c*nty

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: pisa

placidcasual wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

I preferred Sienna to Florence. Florence is heaving with the tour ship coach brigade, tickingg off the tripadvisor top 10 attractions. Lucca meant to be nice

My wife and her mates went to Italy for a week about 10 years ago

The only thing I remember about the holiday summary was one of her mates describing Sienna as a "c*ntish town"

Judith Chalmers she aint

She sounds classy.

Head of compliance for a large Japanese bank

But you're probably right

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share