Re: New LUFC Badge Crest Thingy!

scootay wrote:

Petition going round already..

15,000 names on some online petition already apparently...within an hour of it being announced!

Not knocking Radz but someone's got this very,very wrong!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Nearly 20K signatures in 3 hours.

Trust sitting on the fence with their response.

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Sorry, one comment on the YEP article, claims to, like it!

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Sky Sports just done a piece on it  - basically taking the piss.  Usual undercurrent of "Leeds are nazis" but nothing said

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Fucking hell that's shite, managed to make it worse than the current one which takes some doing. Big balls up from a sports media magnate, strewth.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

I'm really not OK with this.  It's that bad, it's harping back to NF and Zeig Heil days, that's where it came from.

I really fucking hate it, it's taken something away.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I'm really not OK with this.  It's that bad, it's harping back to NF and Zeig Heil days, that's where it came from.

Are we not taking a massive leap in outrage here ?

Its hardly harping back to the National Front , its just a shit badge that probably cost a  fortune.

Aye, no political connections, just a daft celebration/greeting thing. And a shit badge.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Its hardly harping back to the National Front , its just a shit badge that probably cost a  fortune.

You may not be but I really don't like it.  I hate the fucking Salute, I do believe it has nazi Salute origins and its just landed today.  Its shit awful.  Yeah I'm overreacting but you can't say "it's just a......." with football, it means more to us than that.

Nob jockey Adrian Durham and Darren Gough taking the piss on TalkSport too

They even quoted a Tweet from DHM - the one where he says it suggest Leeds is an "all white" club

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

47k signed petition to stop it being implemented in a few short hours.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

You may not be but I really don't like it.  I hate the fucking Salute, I do believe it has nazi Salute origins and its just landed today.  Its shit awful.  Yeah I'm overreacting but you can't say "it's just a......." with football, it means more to us than that.

You can say its just a shit badge because that's all it is. The last one was shit and this one has well out shitted it.  As things stand it does not appear to be part of a right wing plot to subvert Leeds United.

Beside's if you believe Gore's mate the bearded one it originates from Glyn Snodin!

There's plenty of people I know who when we catch each other in the pub do the sign to each other...its just a greeting like a nod of the head.. usually met with a knowing smile. Just a bit of fun.. and a habit.   No Nazi connections although that probably is where it started. I don't think the younger supporters knows that.. it just means Leeds are in your heart now doesnt it.

But the badge is gash

I remember it being Glynn Snodin that used to do it every time he came out, it was a pride thing, definitely not NF

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Yeah it started in it's current form with Glyn Snodin that's correct but it was adopted in a time when there was still zeig heiling going on and it's not a million miles away is it?

I fucking hate it and the defiance coming from Angus Kinnear in the face of 50k wanting it gone is a big fuck you to fans.  Thought this kind of shit was a thing of the past.  We are a laughing stock.

I know I need to get some perspective, it's a badge, but I really hate the fucking thing.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Yeah it started in it's current form with Glyn Snodin that's correct but it was adopted in a time when there was still zeig heiling going on and it's not a million miles away is it?

No it's not a million miles away but I remember the Leeds Leeds Leeds chants at corners from a time before the sieg heil chants but then that might have been because there were no sieg heil chants at those particular matches.

And there were plenty of matches with sieg heil chants.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I fucking hate it and the defiance coming from Angus Kinnear in the face of 50k wanting it gone is a big fuck you to fans.  Thought this kind of shit was a thing of the past.  We are a laughing stock.

I know I need to get some perspective, it's a badge, but I really hate the fucking thing.

That Kinnear is a fucking notright and wants fucking off quicksmart!
Smarmy cunt!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

And now he's back tracking like the notright he is....talking about re-engaging with the fans and "reopening the process"!

Clown

Definitely has fascist origins but that is long in the past now and is a harmless arm motion gesture salute thingy nowadays.

The badge is so bad it's good and you should keep it just for the laugh. It's only football and isn't worth getting stewed up about.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

It was aged before Snodin, he just did it all the time. I remember it from about 81ish, especially at corners, LeedsLeedsLeeds and all that.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

out of all the pisstake photoshop images doing the rounds I did like the subtle point that doing this arm and fist action does mean the horrible badge would be blocked from vision.

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26908102_10155434865909385_757778714899578150_n.jpg?oh=eed26966db0599993d34eb59192a9957&oe=5AEF7C1F

My son is on the video. He's well embarrassed. Shit design poorly thought out and even more poorly delivered. Bit of a media faux pas, someone going to get a well deserved dry bumming over this. But its not end of the world.

If it's got Nazi overtones shall I also stop clicking the heels together of my polished leather jack boots while I do the salute?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.