Re: New LUFC Badge Crest Thingy!

There's a photo of Norman Hunter doing it in the 70s in his autobiography and he talks about how it just meant, play your heart out, keep fighting sort of ethos. I don't see it as NF like but people will see what they want to see in it. I just think it looks cheesy and totally shit. Its an embarrassment and screams corporate appropriation of something that grew out of the bond between fans and players It also screams massive nylon whoppers. I always liked the 80s Yorkshire rose badge best.

If you're interested:

https://www.change.org/p/andrea-radrizz … %3Acontrol

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

There's a photo of Norman Hunter doing it in the 70s in his autobiography and he talks about how it just meant, play your heart out, keep fighting sort of ethos. I don't see it as NF like but people will see what they want to see in it. I just think it looks cheesy and totally shit. Its an embarrassment and screams corporate appropriation of something that grew out of the bond between fans and players It also screams massive nylon whoppers. I always liked the 80s Yorkshire rose badge best.

Norman is hardly likely to say anything different.  I'm convinced it was more widely taken up because it was a sanitised Zeig Heil.  I was there, so we're many  on OMJ, it seemed to lead on from the overt stuff unless my memory is totally wrong.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Unless it's a fantastic bit of pr.

Maybe it was never gonna be used

It was done when we got a corner. I started going in 73 and it was done before that. It was a fist pump not from the chest . Long before any far right influences.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Norman is hardly likely to say anything different.  I'm convinced it was more widely taken up because it was a sanitised Zeig Heil.  I was there, so we're many  on OMJ, it seemed to lead on from the overt stuff unless my memory is totally wrong.

I was there too Reg. Didn't miss a home game for years in the 80s. Just saw it as different from the zeig heling that went on at the time.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

You're memory is different that mine and you may be right but that definitely isn't how I remember it.  There didn't seem much concern about sanitising the sieg heil chants at any point from the people involved.

The National Front were hanging around  long after the salute appeared  and even as all the sieg heil shit died out.

And if it dates to Hunter it would be before everyone went sieg heil bonkers anyway

You're not trying to suggest that people thought oh this nazi saluting is a bit controversial we better drop in the odd Leeds Leeds Leeds so people will forget we're nazis surely?

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Wed 24 Jan 2018 10:48 pm)

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

I was there too Reg. Didn't miss a home game for years in the 80s. Just saw it as different from the zeig heling that went on at the time.

Just ran too close for me Fuzz.  Seemed to replace it over a period but delivered in the same way.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Maybe it was hi jacked by nazis then . But before then , no way.

Still a shit badge.

My favourite parody one (so far)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUVpNRDX4AEs5CI?format=jpg&name=medium

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

white dragon wrote:

It was done when we got a corner. I started going in 73 and it was done before that. It was a fist pump not from the chest . Long before any far right influences.

As you say "not from the chest".

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Agreed. It came from Snodin et al, as I remember.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Over 68,000 now

Angus Kinnear, confirmed that the club will consult supporters again over the crest, which is due to be introduced on the club’s shirts from next season. “We always knew that the introduction of a crest, particularly one that is so bold and such a break away from the traditional conventions of football club crests, was going to create debate and may be controversial,” Kinnear said.

“We had confidence in the process we went through to arrive at the design but today we’ve been overwhelmed by the feedback. From my perspective it’s exactly why I love working for this club because the passion and enthusiasm and the commitment of the fanbase is quite astounding. We put the supporters at the heart of everything we do and we are here to make them proud and so, based on some of the feedback we’ve received, it’s evident that the process wasn’t extensive enough and we need to seek further consultation with our fans as we don’t want to do anything that the majority of the fanbase don’t believe in.

I think I want to vomit. This is exactly the kind of non-speak that fucks me off. If he had been a bit more straight with his clear fuck-up and a promised to put it right, he would have been forgiven immediately.

Last edited by Mitaman (Thu 25 Jan 2018 5:17 am)

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Mitaman wrote:

Over 68,000 now

Angus Kinnear, confirmed that the club will consult supporters again over the crest, which is due to be introduced on the club’s shirts from next season. “We always knew that the introduction of a crest, particularly one that is so bold and such a break away from the traditional conventions of football club crests, was going to create debate and may be controversial,” Kinnear said.

“We had confidence in the process we went through to arrive at the design but today we’ve been overwhelmed by the feedback. From my perspective it’s exactly why I love working for this club because the passion and enthusiasm and the commitment of the fanbase is quite astounding. We put the supporters at the heart of everything we do and we are here to make them proud and so, based on some of the feedback we’ve received, it’s evident that the process wasn’t extensive enough and we need to seek further consultation with our fans as we don’t want to do anything that the majority of the fanbase don’t believe in.

I think I want to vomit. This is exactly the kind of non-speak that fucks me off. If he had been a bit more straight with his clear fuck-up and a promised to put it right, he would have been forgiven immediately.

At least there’s no references to brand and customers...

scootay wrote:

Unless it's a fantastic bit of pr.

Maybe it was never gonna be used

Don't think their really that clever mate.
Just another car crash....it's what Leeds do best!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Would appear that this lad is head of media and comms and he's the one along with Kinnear who showed it to The Trust at the 11th hour..

https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-mooney/

Says it all really, he's a digital channels marketing person, not a branding / corporate identity person and he'd already screwed up Hull's badge.

Maybe he should have stuck to optimising CRMs and mail-shots and left the branding to someone who; a) know what they are doing and, b) knows the club.

suck'ahs to the side I know you hate my 98'

Ken Bates, how many long years? Nothing.

A badge, and thousands man the barricades.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Aye

Smutty Lips wrote:

Great point Smutty,  you can bum me dry and rape my club but touch the badge and you've had it

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUVKd3_WAAIBhAK?format=jpg&name=900x900

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Fuck off!....there was a march from town once!

Anyway,it's "only football" !!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

king of the slums wrote:

Would appear that this lad is head of media and comms and he's the one along with Kinnear who showed it to The Trust at the 11th hour..

Says it all really, he's a digital channels marketing person, not a branding / corporate identity person and he'd already screwed up Hull's badge.

Maybe he should have stuck to optimising CRMs and mail-shots and left the branding to someone who; a) know what they are doing and, b) knows the club.

Oh Jesus ... not him.

king of the slums wrote:

I suspect when he looks at his LinkedIn profile and checks his Notifications he will have a step change increase in his "People who have viewed your profile" tally

I read some of the wank on there - seems he's an entrepreneurial disruptor.......  I'm betting he frequently uses words like gamification and monetisation.  Twat

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

As mentioned - what is wrong with this?

http://www.wafll.com/united-badges/classic-smiley.jpg

How many badge changes have Leeds had?

Aim Low and miss...