Re: New LUFC Badge Crest Thingy!

Mark Ritson: Leeds United’s badge u-turn reveals a brand with abundant value
Leeds United last week conspired to create the worst rebrand in history, but the club’s response to fans shows how much passion and character still surrounds a brand languishing far below its competitive peak

https://www.marketingweek.com/2018/01/3 … d-rebrand/

CBIT wrote:

Mark Ritson: Leeds United’s badge u-turn reveals a brand with abundant value
Leeds United last week conspired to create the worst rebrand in history, but the club’s response to fans shows how much passion and character still surrounds a brand languishing far below its competitive peak

https://www.marketingweek.com/2018/01/3 … d-rebrand/

Good read.  Can't argue with any of it.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Yeah, spot on that piece.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Thu 01 Feb 2018 7:27 am)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Good piece.

Excellent piece of writing.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Anyone else totally fucking bored with the quest for a badge turning into a shit Vision On thing?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:

Anyone else totally fucking bored with the quest for a badge turning into a shit Vision On thing?

Yes.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

space wrote:

Yes but it's just so depressing how badly they fucked it up.  Anyone of us could have done better.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

Yes but it's just so depressing how badly they fucked it up.  Anyone of us could have done better.

It was not the design that was at fault, if was the completely misguided philosophy behind it. It highlighted a complete lack of understanding about the club and its support base. The more I think about it, the more mind-boggling it is.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

It was not the design that was at fault, if was the completely misguided philosophy behind it. It highlighted a complete lack of understanding about the club and its support base. The more I think about it, the more mind-boggling it is.

That's what I was alluding to really.  All the more depressing because we thought AR was a smart operator.  And the whole episode brought us crashing back down to reality.  No money, mid table, cheap signings..... Same old same old.  Some even refused to accept it was real and it was all a ruse for publicity as the reality was so depressingly familiar.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

That's what I was alluding to really.  All the more depressing because we thought AR was a smart operator.  And the whole episode brought us crashing back down to reality.  No money, mid table, cheap signings..... Same old same old.  Some even refused to accept it was real and it was all a ruse for publicity as the reality was so depressingly familiar.

Exactly, that caught me by surprise too, the fact that he was behind it.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Keeping current badge for next season.