Topic: Christiansen sacked

Gone.

Last edited by Harvest (Mon 05 Feb 2018 11:52 am)

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: Christiansen sacked

Talk of McLaren.  Ah well, season over.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

If he employs McLaren there will be uproar

Also Stam rumours. Even worse.

Chopper Read wrote:

If he employs McLaren there will be uproar

Why ? Considering the conveyor belt of has beens ... never will bes &  imposters we've had then he'd be a step up. At least he's won stuff.

Beggars, choosers n' all that

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Sun 04 Feb 2018 10:46 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Maybe Orta's next (hoping)?

McLaren at the game yesterday

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Getting boring this manager thing. Would love to know how Milanic would have worked out.

Wow.

Harvest wrote:

Getting boring this manager thing. Would love to know how Milanic would have worked out.

Good point. I still have nightmares about that Wolves game when the crowd chanted the name of a manager sacked by Northwich Victoria.

Anyway whats Hockaday doing now ? Surely a case of unfinished business?

That Crazy dutch guy McClaren ?

The list is pointless

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

The list is endless

Take off hosers ...

I just dont care if its Big Bird and Nick Cotton as long as they fucking win and get promoted. We might be utterly shit in the Prem but Im bored of this shit now.

Leeds are expected to make a swift appointment and Grayson, who was sacked by Sunderland in October, is an early favourite alongside the Barnsley manager, Paul Heckingbottom. Jaap Stam, the Reading manager, shortlisted for the job last summer, is likely to be of interest.

Meanwhile, Steve McClaren, the former England and Middlesbrough manager, was among those present in the stands on Saturday to witness former manager Neil Warnock’s winning return to west Yorkshire.

THE MESSIAH RETURNS big_smile

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Mon 05 Feb 2018 12:04 am)

Take off hosers ...

I think he was out of his depth. Wish him well, it was good for a short period.
McClaren is multi lingual.

To stand aside is to take sides.

No betting available atm . Looking like a done deal .

As has been said, he was out of his depth, I remember Billy Sharp scoring against us after 2 minutes and thinking TC probably didn`t know much about him. You don`t let him or Leon Clarke get a sniff.
Every single game in this division is a cup final or you should be playing like it is, to get promoted.
Having said that some of the players have let him down and should be having a good look at themselves, but they won`t.

________________________________________________________________________________

I wish him well, he did his best. My issue with him, and I was thinking about this morning (before I saw that he was sacked) is that he is monotone and boring to listen to. I know interviews are not dressing room talk, but do believe they are closely related. Can you see this guy lifting a dressing room before a match? I can't.

I honestly believe we have a good squad here, but TC ran out of ideas. Getting rid of Rob Green was a huge mistake and not TC's fault though.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

TC's been thrown to the lions whilst Orta eats a bunch of grapes wrapped in a white bed sheet from an executive box.

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:

TC's been thrown to the lions whilst Orta eats a bunch of grapes wrapped in a white bed sheet from an executive box.

Bang on!

...and if it's true McClaren was at the game yesterday, that fucking stinks!
Hovering like a vulture springs to mind.

Grayson's already had his turn once,fuck that!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

I am not convinced that he has been entirely thrown to the Lions (tactics from the bench have been baffling at times), but yes, Orta is by no means less responsible for our current position. Boro sacked him for a reason...

Edited to say that, would I be in a position to buy a football club, and had no experience, then I would think Orta would be a very useful guy in terms of getting to know the system and how it all works. I would also hire an experienced commercial director.

People like Bates, Cellino etc did not need such people as they know how it all works, but Radzianni does not. In this regard, he has been sensible in hiring expertise in what is a very murky business. And if Radzianni has anything about him, it will be a results based package.

Last edited by Mitaman (Mon 05 Feb 2018 3:52 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Agreed, it was a steep learning curve for him, got it right from the onset then everyone knew we were going to play like Barcelona B and had no muscle in a league that needs muscle with a touch of ability and consistent goal scoring.

Still, Orta is as much to blame in my book and if one goes the other should be held to account too. TC got his tactics wrong and was still learning, lost the team as he no doubt came across as incompetent whilst cutting his teeth. All points toward not gambling on an unknown name. Which in turn points towards Orta's days being numbered. It hasn't worked out. Get back on script, a hard bastard manager who reports to the chairman would not go a miss right now..

#DoTheDai \o/

What AR does in the next few days will define what type of owner he is.

Does he have the money and balls to go for Silva and fuck Orta off?

Steve McLaren is a Leeds fan, he's been to 3 or 4 games this season I believe. Could it be him? I'm on the fence to be honest. He's old school and I think this squad needs a clip round the ear, so might work, but do I like him? Not really..

Jap Stam would be a mistake, he's got found out at Reading, he'll definitely fuck up here...

Silva for me, with free rein to run the team as manager, not as a coach..

Also, have a look at someone like Paul Cook from Wigan. He seems to have his head screwed on, has proven himself to be capable of multiple promotions where he's been manager, he probably needs another year to prove himself at L1 before going to the Championship, but maybe worth a punt. His teams play well and you can tell he'll take no shit.

#DoTheDai \o/

Still convinced Radrizzani's not daft, he'll have a plan and Orta will be under the screw now. TC is a good bloke, wish it had worked out for him, but maybe not used to blood n guts or the quirks of a Championship dressing room - that twatter photo of the squad just before kick off looked terrible, no matter how long before the game it was, no sign of any spark at all.

TC's "if I leave it'll be with my head held high" comment a couple days ago was a dig at Orta I reckon.

We should get that Lee Johnson (?) from Bristol C at end of season, looks like he knows how to build a team spirit.

Fucking Shteve can, how you say, fuck right off

Last edited by Mike Jones (Mon 05 Feb 2018 5:37 am)

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

At least he is prepared to clip a manager when it doesn't work. They tried something new and it didn't work, this new appointment will be very telling.

Any manager worth a shit is going to want total control. Who we get will depend on the job discription . Orta needs to go or a put on a tight reign. He’s poison.
Right now I think we need a hard bastard to get some fire in thier bellies from the start, not when we’ve lost the game at half time.
If it’s McClaren, I could live with it .
Johnson, if we could get him , great.
Big Mick and Pearson both 20/1 I’d take either.
Stam, No.
Grayson, fine by me, done well everywhere, Sunderland apart, but they are a sinking ship.
Left field. I like Neil Lennon, he’d thrive hear.