Re: Christiansen sacked

white dragon wrote:

Any manager worth a shit is going to want total control. Who we get will depend on the job discription . Orta needs to go or a put on a tight reign. He’s poison.
Right now I think we need a hard bastard to get some fire in thier bellies from the start, not when we’ve lost the game at half time.
If it’s McClaren, I could live with it .
Johnson, if we could get him , great.
Big Mick and Pearson both 20/1 I’d take either.
Stam, No.
Grayson, fine by me, done well everywhere, Sunderland apart, but they are a sinking ship.
Left field. I like Neil Lennon, he’d thrive hear.

Have we really got to this point?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

First 3 in the betting, McClaren, Grayson and Strachen. No compensation required. Could be a factor.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

white dragon wrote:

First 3 in the betting, McClaren, Grayson and Strachen. No compensation required. Could be a factor.

Strachan.  Or is he maybe too cynical in his old age?  Can he cope with soft arses and dandies?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Pearson is out of work is he not?  He'd scare the life out of anyone.  Roofe wouldn't ask him if he could come off. 

Always liked McCarthy and Strachan would be a great story.  He's sorted us out once, he could be up for it again.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

placidcasual wrote:

I just dont care if its Big Bird and Nick Cotton as long as they fucking win and get promoted.

Could work. Good cop - bad cop.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

McClaren's not in the running it seems.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Which is nice.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/9 … twterm%5E0

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Phil Hay says not McLaren

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Thank god for that

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Pearson is out of work is he not?  He'd scare the life out of anyone.  Roofe wouldn't ask him if he could come off. 

Always liked McCarthy and Strachan would be a great story.  He's sorted us out once, he could be up for it again.

Pearson is working abroad,can’t remember where.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

2nd division Belgium

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

white dragon wrote:

2nd division Belgium


Cool, that's usually the sort of place we look.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Molenaar being mentioned.  Said he wanted the job last season and currently managing FC Roda.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Gordon Strachan        7/2                                                                                2                       
Steve McClaren        7/2                                                                                3                       
Simon Grayson        5                                                                                5                       
Marco Silva                6                                                                                7                       
Paul Heckingbottom       10       

Cant see the euro crowd going for strachan    My  spot would be silva , did well at Hull despite relegation and watford til head turned at Everton. Might be waiting for a prem club tho.       

is heckingbottom in there cos he's cheaap and local?!!!

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Leeds Managers F/t and P/Tsince I started supporting them...holy fck 36!!!
1    Don Revie
2    Brian Clough
3    Jimmy Armfield
4    Jock Stein
5    Jimmy Adamson
6    David Merrington
7    Allan Clarke
8    Eddie Gray
9    Peter Gunby
10    Billy Bremner
11    Norman Hunter
12    Howard Wilkinson
13    George Graham
14    David O'Leary
15    Terry Venables
16    Peter Reid
17    Eddie Gray
18    Kevin Blackwell
19    John Carver
20    David Geddis
21    Dennis Wise
22    Gwyn Williams
23    Gary McAllister
24    Simon Grayson
25    Neil Redfearn
26    Neil Warnock
27    Neil Redfearn
28    Brian McDermott
29    Dave Hockaday
30    Neil Redfearn
31    Darko Milanič
32    Neil Redfearn
33    Uwe Rösler
34    Steve Evans
35    Garry Monk
36    Thomas Christiansen

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Steve Kean ex of Blackburn was mentioned somewhere yesterday......

Strachan has a demonstrated capability as a manager - of failure.  Keep him away

I'd take Pearson,  his involvement in building the Leicester team the year before Ranieri took over has been criminally under emphasised in my opinion

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Fiery jack wrote:

Leeds Managers F/t and P/Tsince I started supporting them...holy fck 36!!!
1    Don Revie
2    Brian Clough
3    Jimmy Armfield
4    Jock Stein
5    Jimmy Adamson
6    David Merrington
7    Allan Clarke
8    Eddie Gray
9    Peter Gunby
10    Billy Bremner
11    Norman Hunter
12    Howard Wilkinson
13    George Graham
14    David O'Leary
15    Terry Venables
16    Peter Reid
17    Eddie Gray
18    Kevin Blackwell
19    John Carver
20    David Geddis
21    Dennis Wise
22    Gwyn Williams
23    Gary McAllister
24    Simon Grayson
25    Neil Redfearn
26    Neil Warnock
27    Neil Redfearn
28    Brian McDermott
29    Dave Hockaday
30    Neil Redfearn
31    Darko Milanič
32    Neil Redfearn
33    Uwe Rösler
34    Steve Evans
35    Garry Monk
36    Thomas Christiansen

The latter half coming in about 1 a year ...

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Steve Kean ex of Blackburn was mentioned somewhere yesterday......

Strachan has a demonstrated capability as a manager - of failure.  Keep him away

I'd take Pearson,  his involvement in building the Leicester team the year before Ranieri took over has been criminally under emphasised in my opinion


Pearson did well but in the media he's a liability - did you see those pressers? Can't imagine radz et all would stomach that, same with McArthy

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Can't see many British managers like Pearson wanting to work with Orta to be honest.  It always seem to go wrong quickly.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was banged up for transfer fraud bearing in mind the traffic that he generates.   

I wouldn't mind Strachan, he'd be up for it I'm sure but is he ambitious anymore? 

Any manager who has a bit of fire and doesn't sound like they have just come out of media training 101.  Steve Kean can fuck off as can Michael Appleton, Lee Clark, Steve Cotterill and any other schmoes who only ever get handed jobs no-one else wants.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

and the winner is ...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 … ght-defeat

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Fiery jack wrote:

Leeds Managers F/t and P/Tsince I started supporting them...holy fck 36!!!
1    Don Revie
2    Brian Clough
3    Jimmy Armfield
4    Jock Stein
5    Jimmy Adamson
6    David Merrington
7    Allan Clarke
8    Eddie Gray
9    Peter Gunby
10    Billy Bremner
11    Norman Hunter
12    Howard Wilkinson
13    George Graham
14    David O'Leary
15    Terry Venables
16    Peter Reid
17    Eddie Gray
18    Kevin Blackwell
19    John Carver
20    David Geddis
21    Dennis Wise
22    Gwyn Williams
23    Gary McAllister
24    Simon Grayson
25    Neil Redfearn
26    Neil Warnock
27    Neil Redfearn
28    Brian McDermott
29    Dave Hockaday
30    Neil Redfearn
31    Darko Milanič
32    Neil Redfearn
33    Uwe Rösler
34    Steve Evans
35    Garry Monk
36    Thomas Christiansen

To be fair, 8 of those entries are caretaker roles but recent years aren't pretty.  .

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Slaven billic

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

hendersonjones wrote:

Slaven billic

Can he play at the back for us instead?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Christiansen sacked

Heckingbotom fav now , hannes wolf 2nd fav, german nomark probably him then .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share