Re: Christiansen sacked

Heckingbotom fav now , hannes wolf 2nd fav, german nomark probably him then .

To stand aside is to take sides.

FROM STUTTGART?
OWOOOOOO!

Heinz Wolf?
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/wmgwarwick/2011/12/16/dsc02090_small.jpg

#DoTheDai \o/

Any former LUFC players (other than Gordon Strachan) out there with the requisite man management skill, passion and understanding of your club's history and tradition?

Was Gary McAllister the last?

P.S. Don't suggest Mark Aizlewood. He's just been convicted of fraud.

Last edited by pipoldchap (Mon 05 Feb 2018 3:36 pm)

Mystery German with no playing career at any level who has 18 months at Stuttgart?  Well Wagner is working out OK, maybe the German leagues have more in common with the Championship than any others. 

Heckingbotom?  He's done OK at "Thannozz",

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Looks like it's Heckingbottom according to Phil Hay.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

Better than a lot of the options that were being suggested

Talk about being damned by faint praise though.......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

I work with a contract project manager here who is from Barnsely - big Barnsley fan

He can't believe Heckinbottom would move to Leeds,  says his family will be pilloried if he does

Also surprised if he moves too - haven't they just had an influx of cash from China......?

Maybe fancies spag bol over Creme of Sum Yung Gii

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Harvest wrote:

This is a piss take..... right?

Fourth bottom and 1 win in 16!!

Even we looked good when we won there!

Just what we fucking need.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Harvest wrote:

This is a piss take..... right?

Fourth bottom and 1 win in 16!!

Even we looked good when we won there!

Just what we fucking need.

Take him over McLaren,  Grayson,  Strachan any day

Pearson would have been in my Top 5

George Integrity Whitebread time......

Based on what?
He's currently taking Barnsley back down into League One!
With you on Pearson, my choice too but this is bonkers!

Obviously his salary expectations match our ambition!

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Based on what?
He's currently taking Barnsley back down into League One!
With you on Pearson, my choice too but this is bonkers!

Obviously his salary expectations match our ambition!

As i said,  faint praise and all that

he's not one of the 3 mentioned and he gets The Chumps - therefore better than a few others in the betting

I'm not saying he's great,  I'm saying he will do........

Just seen we've activated his buy out clause of 500k!

....and there you have it!

Obviously prepared to tow the line . Managers like McCarthy and Pearson and any other manager worth his salt , won’t play the fall guy for Orta .
The grapevine would of alerted them of how disruptive he was at boro.
Hope I’m wrong , sounds like evens and hocaday appointment.

I tend to agree with the argument that the squad is good enough and Orta has done a decent job putting it together.  It's hard to plan for 3 centre halves being out and yes I would have liked to see someone like Bartley back or even Caulker on a 2 month "prove yourself" deal. 

Christiansen looked soft as shit to me and I'm glad he's gone.  Whether we get anyone better is anyone's guess.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Mon 05 Feb 2018 7:45 pm)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I tend to agree with the argument that the squad is good enough and Orta has done a decent job putting it together.  It's hard to plan for 3 centre halves being out and yes I would have liked to see someone like Bartley back or even Caulker on a 2 month "prove yourself" deal. 

Christiansen looked soft as shit to me and I'm glad he's gone.  Whether we get anyone better is anyone's guess.

Really?
Orta went for quantity rather than quality it seems to me.
I'd argue that Saiz is the only decent signing he's made....and he signed quite a fucking lot!

Wood, Bartley and Taylor were arguably our 3 best players last season and Orta replaced them with relative dross!

And as for the keeper!!

Is Mclaren out the frame?  He is massive cunt of the highest order.  The time he was with us (Forest) was a fucking joke - he is a fucking joke, and a cunt.

Aim Low and miss...

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Really?
I'd argue that Saiz is the only decent signing he's made....and he signed quite a fucking lot!

Wood, Bartley and Taylor were arguably our 3 best players last season and Orta replaced them with relative dross!

And as for the keeper!!

Well we didn't really have any choice in all three of them fucking off really did we?  Green I would have kept but Lasogga, Saiz, Alioski, DeBock, Forshaw, Anita, Cziwicki, they are all OK and I think they have showed they are all okay in the early part of the season.  I'm not sure they are suddenly all shit, more like TC was not organising or motivating very well. 

If there is a stand out criticism then we are lightweight and get bullied by big teams.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Mon 05 Feb 2018 8:56 pm)

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Really?

And as for the keeper!!

Well we didn't really have any choice in all three of them fucking off really did we?  Green I would have kept but Lasogga, Saiz, Alioski, DeBock, Forshaw, Anita, Cziwicki, they are all OK and I think they have showed they are all okay in the early part of the season.  I'm not sure they are suddenly all shit, more like TC was not organising or motivating very well. 

If there is a stand out criticism then we are lightweight and get bullied by big teams.

Agree mate we didn't have any choice but to use your words,we replaced with just ok!
And to say we are lightweight and get bullied just supports the argument that Orta's recruitment just hasn't been up to scratch!

Anyway the Barnsley Messiah will lick em into shape!

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Really?

And as for the keeper!!

Agree mate we didn't have any choice but to use your words,we replaced with just ok!
And to say we are lightweight and get bullied just supports the argument that Orta's recruitment just hasn't been up to scratch!

We can but hope.  Not sure that we could have replaced the three that left with anything close to the same quality as they are premiership standard with price tags to go with it.  Boro spent big and are not much better than us. 

A little bit more discipline and we are a good side. Will a coal sandwich eating Yorkshireman be able to rouse a load of foreign fancy pants?

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

We can but hope.  Not sure that we could have replaced the three that left with anything close to the same quality as they are premiership standard with price tags to go with it.  Boro spent big and are not much better than us. 

A little bit more discipline and we are a good side. Will a coal sandwich eating Yorkshireman be able to rouse a load of foreign fancy pants?

Hardly!
That one win in 16 was against Sunderland too.
Impressive eh?

At least the Barnsley fans see the funny side " Thanks Leeds, you've saved our season!"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Hardly!
That one win in 16 was against Sunderland too.
Impressive eh?

At least the Barnsley fans see the funny side " Thanks Leeds, you've saved our season!"

Definitely has "cheap appointment" written all over it.  Someone who will be glad of the pay rise and put up with an amount of shit a man we had to persuade to do the job would not. 

Why is our club so scared of a real manager?

Leeds "he will do" United!

Should put that on the new badge!

(Sorry RHS)

Should of give Orta the job until end of season.
Playoffs with your squad or fuck off .

What the Heckingbottom?

Only has to move from Barnsley, or can commute, won't cost much, will be gone by Easter.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!