Re: Heckingbottom *really* sacked

It's exciting.  I love the way people who don't know Leeds. Think it's just another manager sacked after a short reign.  All the pieces would be in place for Radz to make a real push now.  FFP check, Ideaguchi and Roberts in the squad check, Bartley and Hernandez to come in, Bielsa taking over.

If all that happens and we still finish mid table something is very wrong.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sat 02 Jun 2018 8:46 am)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I just read an article on him, seems many top managers have worked with him or usve somevessence of his methods. Guardiola, pochettino, Conte. Even Klopps high pressing game is based on his philosophy. We’ll see what happens, if we do get him, it should be quite funny. Suspect he’ll only last a season with us though.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:

Even Klopps high pressing game is based on his philosophy

On who's philosophy?

Bielsa? Lazy research.

Wolfgang Frank epiphanised Klopp.

Slade, not Oasis.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

It's exciting.  I love the way people who don't know Leeds. Think it's just another manager sacked after a short reign.  All the pieces would be in place for Radz to make a real push now.  FFP check, Ideaguchi and Roberts in the squad check, Bartley and Hernandez to come in, Bielsa taking over.

If all that happens and we still finish mid table something is very wrong.

I'll take that bet. There's always been something wrong with this team. Sutton, Newport in cups, 8 wins in 9 followed by 10 defeats in the league. If the almighty would resurrect Bill Shankly and he agreed to manage them, they would go wrong somewhere.
Wtf is Bielsa? Looks like the escaped convict in the film of Great Expectations. Don't think he has a soft center either. Ah well, I'll put that relegation bet on again. Got to come up sometime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/40879274

Klopp??
Yeah,got an eye for a goalkeeper ain’t he?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

He certainly has.

Word is we're about to smash the world record fee for one.

Shall we get back to your Manager now?

Expanding Man wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Even Klopps high pressing game is based on his philosophy

On who's philosophy?

Sorry, based on Frank’s system who had been inspired by Sacchi at AC Milan who played the same system as Bielsa, who himself was inspired by Menotti.

Last edited by Mitaman (Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:11 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Whatever you think of Heckingbot it's quite shitty to sack him whilst he's away on a family holiday. It's not as if the season has only just finished.

Last edited by Smutty Lips (Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:34 am)

Expanding Man wrote:

He certainly has.

Yep, shame it’s 3 years too late.

Our manager?..Did you suggest McCarthy?

Did you?

You did didn’t you?

Fucking admit it!

Now!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Smutty Lips wrote:

Whatever you think of Heckingbot it's quite shitty to sack him whilst he's away on a family holiday. It's not as if the season has only just finished.

Aye and apparently they’ve been talking to the Argie for 3 weeks or so. Kinnear reported to have flown over to meet his team.

Football has to be one of the most classless industries out there.

As a business, it's a pile of wank.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Expanding Man wrote:

He certainly has.

Yep, shame it’s 3 years too late.

Our manager?..Did you suggest McCarthy?

Did you?

You did didn’t you?

Fucking admit it!

Now!

Peace brother.
We’re one of the same just follow different teams.

(Heads back to the bar)

Unless the ownership give the new manager their full backing and let him stay for a season... ( at some point they have to be accountable for the decisions and appointments they make ) and the fans give the next poor fucker a fair go before getting on his back then it doesnt matter if its ZZ, Fat Sam or the new Messiah who walks through the door.

Take off hosers ...

And the new bloke could do worse than than have a gander at this bloke. Just released by Rennes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoann_Gourcuff

Take off hosers ...

Back to the point of the thread, I am just mightily relieved that The Heck has gone. Nice bloke, but not very effective at all. The current squad is far better than the run-in of results they achieved would suggest, I am absolutely convinced of it.

Bring in the nutter Argie

Let's roll with the ups and downs - it'll be fun

The static generated from The Kop and South Stand will send him into melt down with more (and more) elaborate implosions at each discharge

"Scream if you want to go faster" as someone more literary talented than me once wrote

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Smutty Lips wrote:

After the half season he's just had I think he's got some balls going on holiday.

They waited until June 1 when his compo went down on from 1 mill to 500 grand. I won't be shedding any tears for the fella. Relegated one team, took another backwards, here's half a million, lad!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Bring in the nutter Argie

Let's roll with the ups and downs - it'll be fun

The static generated from The Kop and South Stand will send him into melt down with more (and more) elaborate implosions at each discharge

"Scream if you want to go faster" as someone more literary talented than me once wrote

Everything about Leeds gets more bonkers by the season.....management, players, fans.  Let’s recruit serious bonkers and excel in something we are good it.  It’s not as if we are ever going to be any good again, is it?

In a sanitised world, run by Sky and accountants, we could become the antithesis of modern football.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

Check out @5liveSport’s Tweet: https:/ … 88512?s=09

This?

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1 … 7889088512

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

That's the bunny

Mike Jones wrote:
I Wood wrote:
space wrote:

This.  I think.  I can no longer tell when people are joking, being serious, satirical or are just plain drunk.

I've been in Pubs like that,  Queen Hotel, Daisy Hill, Bradford.
Sadly no longer with us, just round the corner from Lynfield Mount "Hospital" sometimes hard to tell the locals from the day patients to the escapees  or maybe it's just my jealous mind longing for days when lollipop men looked like Alvin Stardust.

Superb! Strapline?

Very kind of you if it wasn't for the interweb, BBC4, OMJ and 8 cans of Stella on a Friday night I'd have no social life at all.