Re: Winter Olympics

The proudest Dad ever?
https://image.ibb.co/fJit1S/Screen_Shot_2018_02_14_at_1_24_38_pm.png

Love this guy...
https://image.ibb.co/fmYzan/Screen_Shot_2018_02_14_at_1_27_12_pm.png

Immigrant Dad Goal:

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Japan and GBR through in the woman's curling after beating USA and Russia respectively...

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 14 Feb 2018 9:59 am)

king of the slums wrote:

Japan and GBR through in the woman's curling after beating USA and Russia respectively...

Love the curling ever since Colin Hendry and her team a few years ago.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

He's a bit of a dick though, non.

Hirano, crushed it, killied it, smashed it big_smile

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

He's a bit of a dick though, non.

Hirano, crushed it, killied it, smashed it big_smile

The father? No, mate. He arrived in the country in '82, not speaking the language with $800 dollars to his name, 26 years later he quit his job to dedicate himself full time to his daughter. He/she/they represent the good stuff. Values, family, hardwork, reward, manners, humility & success. More power to their collective elbows. smile

TT might be talking about Shaun White, met him once in Sydney and he was a dick, proper letch.

No one could hate that Dad, he doesn't even come across as pushy, top Dadding..

king of the slums wrote:

TT might be talking about Shaun White, met him once in Sydney and he was a dick, proper letch.

Danke

Take off hosers ...

Colin Hendry been all over the beeb today,  tempted by the mens downhill but it dont start till 2.30am. Has that beefing blonde skater won anything yet?

Mens ice hockey - NHL are a bunch of cunts (not that Slovenia will be moaning)

Just watched men's curling mob beat Japan.  Came down to a predictable last stone 6-5.  Japan maybe not the best tactics in last end.

Toronto Ted wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Danke

White deserved to win, watched it live in the office. His last run was superb and what an amazing and tense finish. I don’t care for the bloke at all and desperately wanted Hirano to do him. White is the High Priest of half-pipe, but Hirano is only 19, he will take Gold next time. Missus was texting me about how much she disliked his flashy attitude. Doesn’t sit well with your average Japanese. Throwing your helmet in the air after your first run? Silly c&nt, everybody knows that game.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

CBIT wrote:

Colin Hendry been all over the beeb today,  tempted by the mens downhill but it dont start till 2.30am. Has that beefing blonde skater won anything yet?

Another race, another crash and disqualification and stretchered off.

CBIT wrote:
CBIT wrote:

Another race, another crash and disqualification and stretchered off.

She reminds me of Mary Decker.

Why do they use such a seemingly pretentious title as "chef de mission" for the head of the GB team?

I hate what Team GB has become and hope they never win another medal. I've been saying this for sometime now, we are no better than the soviets we used to sneer at.

Smutty Lips wrote:

I hate what Team GB has become and hope they never win another medal. I've been saying this for sometime now, we are no better than the soviets we used to sneer at.

Mmm.  It does seem very state sponsored.  They take teenagers in, see what they suit as a sport and then push then down that road.  Is there a public school bias too?  There do seem to be a lot of posh kids involved.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

Mmm.  It does seem very state sponsored.  They take teenagers in, see what they suit as a sport and then push then down that road.  Is there a public school bias too?  There do seem to be a lot of posh kids involved.

One gold and 3 bronze medals.  It's not exactly the new world order.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

One gold and 3 bronze medals.  It's not exactly the new world order.

One more and it equals the record.

Rowan Cheshire splitting the KoTS household in half this morning as half the house is cheering on Ayana Onozuka in the women's ski half pipe..

It's a post of three halves... big_smile

https://www.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2018/02/19/14/rowancheshire1902k.jpg

That Elise Christie is a full professional supported by the lottery.  Wtf?  Wasn't fit either by sound of it.

Amazing, skating is not a sport I hear someone say?

If only the Leeds players had 50% of the commitment this lass has put in, we'd romping the Prem..

https://image.ibb.co/iBoYyH/Screen_Shot_2018_02_23_at_11_54_43_am.png

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 23 Feb 2018 3:56 am)

Is Tonya Harding throwing the Hammer this year?

Sorry...nothing positive to add, Coat and off....

I have been watching the BBC coverage last couple of days. It doesn't seem like it used to be at all, seems a bit amateurish and Trite. Whatever happened to David Vine?

firstonetv.net  very good HD coverage, gratis aswell. Need to use safari on an iMac.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Not watched a single second of it, not my thing at all. Although I do remember watching John Curry win if that helps.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.