Topic: Derby

So a bright new dawn or same old same old, its on Sky if you really want to put yourself through it.

Re: Derby

They need to keep close tabs on that Vydra, he caught my eye very early on in the season.  Can't chuck balls at him in the box.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

3-0 Derby. glad I'm on afternoons this week.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Thursday 4:45 a.m. kick off. Early to bed early to rise...

Time for us to gun down one of the big boys and f**k up someones season. Derby are coming off the back of a 2-nil loss to Wendies and have lost their claim to the automatic spot. Time for us to nudge them down the pile with a drubbing. I've got them as 6th and it starts tomorrow evening...

We're due a win........

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

2-2

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

3-1

If we can keep a clean sheet for half an hour , we might get something out of the game.

To stand aside is to take sides.

I'm doing my first joinery course tomorrow night, so I'll miss most of the 3-1 defeat....

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

8-0 Derby. Anita and Pennington sent off

Right lads. I'm in the smoke seeing punters tomorrow and taken the bold move of booking my return to Derby only. So I'm hoping one of you kind lads will point me in the right direction of a spare ticket. I will of course pay with proper money, not crypto.

More than happy to sit in the home end. Junction Ultra, if you can help out?

3-2 them, goals in this one, I can smell it.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

90Piesanhour wrote:

I'm doing my first joinery course tomorrow night, so I'll miss most of the 3-1 defeat....

Aye, nailed on!
A win there would be going against the grain somewhat.
That said,a win dovetailed with a few goals would be nice!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

Aye, nailed on!
A win there would be going against the grain somewhat.
That said,a win dovetailed with a few goals would be nice!

Think we'll hammer them, unless the ref screws us again. Hopefully our stopper gets into the groove.

I'll get me coat then..

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

90Piesanhour wrote:

I used to love woodwork
You going to make something in particular or are you just learning general techniques
Mitre joints etc

ambition beyond ability

wogga wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

I used to love woodwork
You going to make something in particular or are you just learning general techniques
Mitre joints etc

When I read Pies' post I immediately regressed to being 12 and making a boomerang in woodwork. 

I'd like some machines in my shed instead of crap stacked upon crap.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Wed 21 Feb 2018 7:46 am)

Hopefully PH won't pick that lump of wood in goal!

Total plank!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

I admire Placids approach to away game management.

Loose Lips wrote:

I admire Placids approach to away game management.

My blind faith has turned up trumps. Meeting a bloke called Brian before hand wh has a spare for me.

“We’ve got Saiz.....”

Brian. Top boy.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
wogga wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

I used to love woodwork
Mitre joints etc

When I read Pies' post I immediately regressed to being 12 and making a boomerang in woodwork. 

After my first year at secondary school the only thing I had to show for a full year of woodwork lessons was a wooden kitchen spatula (that I've still got). Spent week after week sanding it down and re-varnishing it. The main source of enjoyment being inhaling the varnish and feeling a bit psychedelic. When the novelty wore off from that I made a shoeshine box with different compartments that I was really proud of but a big boy threw it on the floor and stamped it to bits. Couldn't be arsed making anything after that so decided the spatula needed more varnishing and sanding.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
wogga wrote:

I used to love woodwork
Mitre joints etc

After my first year at secondary school the only thing I had to show for a full year of woodwork lessons was a wooden kitchen spatula (that I've still got). Spent week after week sanding it down and re-varnishing it. The main source of enjoyment being inhaling the varnish and feeling a bit psychedelic. When the novelty wore off from that I made a shoeshine box with different compartments that I was really proud of but a big boy threw it on the floor and stamped it to bits. Couldn't be arsed making anything after that so decided the spatula needed more varnishing and sanding.

Surely the varnish on a spatula would burn.  I'd have oiled that.  wink

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Wed 21 Feb 2018 11:31 am)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Oh of course it did Reg. Smoke everywhere when my mum first used it. I didn't know that would happen at 11 and my teacher was mostly in the back drinking from a hip flask. The utility of the end product wasn't the main priority though, it was all about the creative process.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Oh of course it did Reg. Smoke everywhere when my mum first used it. I didn't know that would happen at 11 and my teacher was mostly in the back drinking from a hip flask. The utility of the end product wasn't the main priority though, it was all about the creative process.

Crafted with passion.  We spent a whole term making an animated weather vane. Totally useless. 

We sharpened a lot of 2ps on the sander as well. 

I still love the smell of sawn perspex though, fantastic.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Seems a common trait among craft(s) teachers

That and roll ups

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.