Re: Derby

He’s no good. Apart from his deficiencies with crosses. He’s not even a good shot stopper, nothing sticks . The 2nd goal he’s rooted on his line doing fuck all.

To stand aside is to take sides.

space wrote:

Derby had 25 shots and scored 2.
We had 8 shots and scored 2.

And it's Weidwald's fault.

If someone can walk me through the maths of this - or any other of our matches - I'm all ears.

Don't know why I'm bothering because it's obvious you know even less about football than you do about politics!
However , would you agree that a decent keeper instils confidence in those in front of him?
Then ask yourself why Derby had 25 shots!

In fairness Cooper was awful and to blame for at least one of the goals but Wiedwald has piss poor command of the six yard box and it's caused mayhem on several occasions this season.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

2-2

I could be on to something here

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

white dragon wrote:

He’s no good. Apart from his deficiencies with crosses. He’s not even a good shot stopper, nothing sticks . The 2nd goal he’s rooted on his line doing fuck all.

Yep, he did t come for the cross so he certainly should have been ready to come for the second ball.  If I was being unkind I would say he did nothing that a keeper should do.  No call, didn't go to clear the cross and was rooted to the spot when the cross dropped.  How shit must Peacock-Farrell not to get a chance ever with those two Muppets ahead of him.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
space wrote:

If someone can walk me through the maths of this - or any other of our matches - I'm all ears.

Don't know why I'm bothering because it's obvious you know even less about football than you do about politics!
However , would you agree that a decent keeper instils confidence in those in front of him?

In fairness Cooper was awful and to blame for at least one of the goals but Wiedwald has piss poor command of the six yard box and it's caused mayhem on several occasions this season.

Why do we (and by "we" I mean the fuckwits on twitter) have to single out people after any result?   And I mean any result.  "We" can win and still launch a fucking pogrum.

Bonus points if you can include what Corbyn thinks about the EU in your response.  (I already know the answer to that one as I took the time to read his fucking essays when he wrote them - just wondered if you did too being the political expert on OMJ.)

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

It's all Wiedwalds fault! (Not allowed)
It's all Corbyns fault! (Allowed)

Penny dropped yet?

Last edited by Old Wharfedaler (Thu 22 Feb 2018 12:06 am)

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Missed the game. Was it good? Were we good but bad at defending?

I'm going to steer clear of the Corbyn/Wiiedwald debate. Maybe Corbyn could do a job in goal?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

space wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:
space wrote:

Why do we (and by "we" I mean the fuckwits on twitter) have to single out people after any result?   And I mean any result.  "We" can win and still launch a fucking pogrum.

Bonus points if you can include what Corbyn thinks about the EU in your response.  (I already know the answer to that one as I took the time to read his fucking essays when he wrote them - just wondered if you did too being the political expert on OMJ.)

It's annoying innit.

I have to say, the evidence is aplenty that Wiedwald is, and always was, shit. Not picking on anybody for no reason. And the reason that they were shooting from all angles (thankfully it was Bradley Johnson), 25 of them, is that Derby also know that. Any team playing us are going to bomb him, no question.

Edited to say that I don't think he was at fault for the first, and not so much for the second, although one could perhaps argue he could/ should have done more. If you look at the highlights, watch his movement on some of the Derby chances in the first half, he looks lost. Accident waiting to happen.

Last edited by Mitaman (Thu 22 Feb 2018 2:01 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Found a pub in Derby that ran 2 buses to the game. The Tap, near the River. Real Ale pub no divvies, no Leeds fans. Decent Ale and decent food. Chatting to two Derby fans in the their late 50's. Nice blokes. They commented on the fans and the noise they make. My response to them was "problem with Leeds fans is they're mostly idiots" they said, thats same at Derby.

I guess we all think we're right.

Anyhow, Good crowd there last night. Seemed to be loads of Derby as well as the usual throng of Leeds fans.

First half, we were lucky to be still in the game at all. They should have been 3 up. We look shaky at the back, why? Well probably a number of reasons really but for me it stems from the un-easiness and lack of confidence anyone (especially himself) has in the goalie. The knock on effect of that feeling creates problems with the back 4. A shame really as WW made some decent saves. And indeed he is good at that and also comfy with the ball at his feet, sadly he just appears to be too short and commanding for a goalie for me.

Derby were excellent in first half, totally dominated play in midfield. They've got some quality players in Huddlestone, Nugent, Vydra, Weimann, Lawerence. They seemed to wrap up most of our attacking play we didn't seem to be able to get Hernandez on the ball and Roofe wasn't offering any movement or creative play to occupy their back 4 and push the commanding Derby midfield back. He just doesn't occupy that space behind the striker as well as Saiz or Hernandez. Unfair on Roofe to compare him to them but unfortunately thems the facts. He is a good working striker, grafts hard and can finish given the chances but he when playing in our team as the supporting striker isnt as good as others in the squad.

All the team worked hard, they are determined to graft their way out of the recent malaise, this is a major positive. It felt like last night we were wiling to hang on until we could bring Saiz on. We rode our luck and a superb pass from Cooper finds the grafting Dallas in space and he does really well to play a half volley looped ball into that corridor of uncertainty around the 6 yard box and Lassoga reacts fastest and buries it with a sniffing strikers goal (love them goals). Against the run of play we're 1 nil up. The crowd and players simultaneously take a lift from that.

I go down to the concourse for a pint at half time. To be greeted by about 30 blokes all clad in varying states of football fashiondom. Ma Strum, CP Company, SI etc etc. To a man all of them were in varying degress of waveringness. Like, middle aged podgy, technical apparelled grasses in the wind they waivered and swayed as if we were all in a concrete corn field.

Derby equalise. Didn't see the build up but having watched it on highlights Do Bock should have dropped off and let Cooper take the knock and he swept up. He looks ok De Bock but you'd hope stuff like that will be ironed out as they get used to playing with one another.

The mood was ok in the concourse, no singing no beer slides and the like. I was stood out of the way on a corner enjoying my gassy shit lager, some bloke bumps into me staggering, makes an apology and I mutter no worries mate in a relaxed way, he turns round and looks at me and does that coke pissed stare "that ok?" rather too intensely. Me, smiling : "yeah no problem " he zig zags off.

As it gets busier more pissed up blokes are pushing one way and tother and all of sudden one fella (tan Barbour) very very slowly pushes and shoves someone and slowly brings his (plastic ) bottle down on some other (adidas cagoule) chaps back, tipping carling all over his rain resistant light blue and white cagoule. They meekly and slowly grasp at each other, Like really over weight middle aged blokes doing a pissed up version of Neo in the Matrix. All their mates and others get between them and then shuffle off in different directions.

ENTER SAIZ!!!!!!

The game changed massively when he came on. His movement, touch and pace as he turns away with the ball. Soon as he was on, Derby didn't know how to cope with him. He was pulling the defenders and midfielders all over the shop.

Got to start him on Saturday.

We did well to make it 2-1 the mood was great amongst the fans and the place was jumping. Sadly we let them equalise and it was a kick in the bollocks but on reflection an away point is good and that's another game unbeaten. Leeds fans sang and clapped them off at full time, hopefully adding some confidence back into the team.

Leeds seemed to have developed some resolve, some back bone. We don't look confident but we don't look like getting a hammering. This for me is something to build on. Need to give the new coach games to prove his ability to change the mindset of the players and impose his personality on the team motivationally . Sadly I think we'll run out of games this season to make an impact into the top 6. We have 13 games left and we would need to not get beat in all of them for me and turn some of those draws to wins to be able to sneak into the play offs. Games like last night we should have hung on, maybe by March we'll do that.

Building an unbeaten run would be great for me. Play Offs would be fan fucking tastic.

Last edited by placidcasual (Thu 22 Feb 2018 8:41 am)

Nice one placid

Great report Placid, been in The Tap, good pub.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

How was Brian?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Good report.  It looks like they returned Pontus to his  single job of going for all the balls and not marking - how he made is name last season - at least he looked confident. Cooper looked a bag of nerves, beradi wasn't concentrating, neither was De boch. Throw in a keeper who is perpetually unsure and that's one bad defence.

What struck me watching it was how scared we were on the ball - Heck now mentioned twice post match we pass it back than forward and  it happens all the time which gives the oppo confidence to close down. only PH and saiz and Forshaw.

We need a proper captain who leads by  example. People were making mistakes and nobody was organising, chivvying and fucking bollocking They play shit with no consequences
Cooper is too accident prone to lead, hernandez isn't a communicator....maybe forshaw?  Admittedly so many play shite  you'd lose your voice - I've never sworn so much at a telly.

I feel sorry for Viera, the kid has a chronic knee problem and isn't fit. Phillips is like some council estate kid with ADHD, I mean is there a thicker footballer anywhere? Cannot judge when to tackle, has started diving to get fouls and has lost the ability to recognise a teammate .  Roofe is skillful but no appetite for a scrap, he's Walter from the beano with skills, my mam could bully him. Another diver.

Apart from that, DC deserved  three points so i guess a draw is a good result. Not what I said last night after wrecking the remote though.

Harvest wrote:

How was Brian?

Brian turned out to be Steve

Top report Placid. It's a bit of a worry that the last four goals against have come from fairly aimless balls into the box. Nevermind Coopenbauer is back.

My favourite bit was that handsome devil Keogh trying to scare Dallas at the corner.

Daft cunt! Dallas is already afraid.

I don't really know  how they got a draw but they did and as Placid noted for all their shiteness they worked hard.

Viera looked shot to pieces

46 points!Nearly there.

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

Top report Placid. It's a bit of a worry that the last four goals against have come from fairly aimless balls into the box. Nevermind Coopenbauer is back.

My favourite bit was that handsome devil Keogh trying to scare Dallas at the corner.

Daft cunt! Dallas is already afraid.

I don't really know  how they got a draw but they did and as Placid noted for all their shiteness they worked hard.

Viera looked shot to pieces

46 points!Nearly there.

Yeah fucking Keogh, what a mad eyed cunt.

Good one placid. Thank you. I see Forshaw as a leader, he looks good, what little I have seen of him.

Re - Play-0ffs, annual calculation coming up. Last 10 years, 6th place finish, season ending:

2017 Fulham 80 points
2016 Sheff Wed 74
2015 Ipswich 78
2014 Brighton 72
2013 Leicester 68
2012 Cardiff 75
2011 Notts Forest 75
2010 Blackpool 70
2009 Preston 74
2008 Wolves 70

Taking out the highest and lowest, the average is 73.5 points (call it 74). So if the impossible was to happen, we would need at least 28 points from 13 games. Pretty much what Hernandez said, 10 wins MAY do it. Not going to happen sadly.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:

Good one placid. Thank you. I see Forshaw as a leader, he looks good, what little I have seen of him.

Re - Play-0ffs, annual calculation coming up. Last 10 years, 6th place finish, season ending:

2017 Fulham 80 points
2016 Sheff Wed 74
2015 Ipswich 78
2014 Brighton 72
2013 Leicester 68
2012 Cardiff 75
2011 Notts Forest 75
2010 Blackpool 70
2009 Preston 74
2008 Wolves 70

Taking out the highest and lowest, the average is 73.5 points (call it 74). So if the impossible was to happen, we would need at least 28 points from 13 games. Pretty much what Hernandez said, 10 wins MAY do it. Not going to happen sadly.

No chance mate.  Had to start with Bristol, single points are not enough.  We I'll end up about where we are.

I agree Reg, two games too late, if that was even possible to start with..

Love this..more for the reaction of the little lad!
Ace

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Love this..more for the reaction of the little lad!
Ace

Ace innit. His little celebratory fists. Cute kid.

Good report that Placid. The Tap is a decent boozer, used to be the Royal Standard.

Thought you were awful first half and had we scored first I thought you would collapse but you scored with your only attempt. Second half you were better and got on the front foot more. The little fella, think he was number 10 got at us and gave us problems.

Your following was in fine voice, best this season at PP, “Jimmy Saville fucked Brian Clough” made me smile.

Last edited by JunctionUltra (Wed 28 Feb 2018 10:42 am)