Re: Middlesbrough (a)

Loose Lips wrote:

Burn them all.

This!!!

Start with Widewald. He is shit.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sat 03 Mar 2018 7:30 am)

Chopper Read wrote:
space wrote:

All the moaning on twitter is back.

Option 1.  Grow the team slowly within a sustainable budget and aim for promotion within 3 years.

Option 2.  Spend money like it's water because we want success NOW, because that worked out so well for us last time.

But the problem is we have gone backwards from last season.  We finished 7th last season but should have finished in the play-offs.  The spine of the team left (most of) for good money - 4 players.  We bought about 15 players with that money, and are considerably worse.  Why is that?  It's because our owner, who has admitted he knows fuck all about running a football club gave free rein to Orta.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon for someone to realise that had we spent the money on similar replacements, and maybe a bit more to add the flair that was lacking last season then we'd be in the top 6.  Orta has literally dismantled last seasons team to fit his own agenda, and it has left us in the position we are in now.  We DIDN'T have to spend money like it is water, and we are now paying the price for having a couple of ego maniacs in charge.

Bang on.
Radz said earlier this week that we've spent nearly 20m on transfers this year.
That money could have been spent on decent replacements for Bartley,Taylor and Woods.
Keeping Rob Green would have helped too.
Orta's philosophy seems to be quantity rather than quality.
Fifteen signings and only Saiz looks the part.

Those sort of stats at work would get you or me the bullet.

Another season down the pan!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

The thing that gets me about our lots reaction to the match is that its one of complete surprise.  It's like its most fans first ever Leeds match.

This kind of performance is not a new thing.

I have had to self ban myself from twitter to stop some serious piss taking.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Harvest wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Think Sais just goffed on someone again. Reckon he wants another 6 weeks off.

You've just gone multi-platform.

Whoops.  Is that good?

Check your tweets.

Site stalwart.

We're shit and I think we all know we are.

Missing Ayling but even with him in the team we've still got massive problems with no real replacements for Green, Bartley and Wood. It's pretty obvious.

It's what they do to deal with that in the summer now.

Orta? Well we don't really know what he does and what his plan is so its difficult to criticise. My only real criticism is why they let Green go. Bartley and Wood couldn't be helped. It was out of our control but Green is a major klanger. Whoever made that decision needs outing.

Harvest wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Harvest wrote:

You've just gone multi-platform.

Whoops.  Is that good?

Check your tweets.

I'm not even sure how Twitter works to be honest.  If I put anything on it it feels like shouting out of the window.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Season is over.  All eyes now on who goes, stays and comes in. 

Goalkeeper, centre half and a striker.  We will not keep Lasogga  as he's on too much money and we won't get Bartley as he is better than we can attract at this point.  I am resigned to same old same old.  Radz crowing that we've spent £20m just makes me think "so what" it's peanuts even if it was true.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sat 03 Mar 2018 12:24 pm)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Goalkeeper, centre half and a striker.  We will not keep Lasogga  as he's on too much money and we won't get Bartley as he is better than we can attract at this point.  I am resigned to same old same old.  Radz crowing that we've spent £20m just makes me think "so what" it's peanuts even if it was true.

The reality is that we'll have to sell in the summer to generate any funding for PH to rebuild.
There's probably only Jansson and Saiz who could command sizeable fees so one or both will be sacrificed.
In truth we should be keeping our better players and building round them but that's the never ending circle we're in sadly.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Putting it out there .
I don’t think Saiz is all that . Some of his first touches are poor , his temperament is abysmal.
I’d take good money for him .
There , I’ve said it.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

The reality is that we'll have to sell in the summer to generate any funding for PH to rebuild.
There's probably only Jansson and Saiz who could command sizeable fees so one or both will be sacrificed.
In truth we should be keeping our better players and building round them but that's the never ending circle we're in sadly.

Viera should leave.  We are ruining him.

Goalkeeper/s are shit.

Back 4 when at full strength are OK.

Midfield: for me this is where it is all wrong, they don't protect the back 4 and don't get the ball to Lassoga. Foreshaw looks a player but the rest are dog shit.  Viera, Philips, O'Kane and Sacko are just not good enough.

Forwards: Let's hope this Tyler Roberts kid is good.

Manager: i hear he's good at developing players? I've yet to see it. Can't see him in the role come the start of next season.

To sumarise we are a team full of spineless cunts who'll do well to avoid relegation next season.

Off to renew season ticket, it gets me out..

Last edited by Tonton Zola Moukoko (Sat 03 Mar 2018 2:10 pm)

Tonton Zola Moukoko wrote:

Goalkeeper/s are shit.

Back 4 when at full strength are OK.

Midfield: for me this is where it is all wrong, they don't protect the back 4 and don't get the ball to Lassoga. Foreshaw looks a player but the rest are dog shit.  Viera, Philips, O'Kane and Sacko are just not good enough.

Forwards: Let's hope this Tyler Roberts kid is good.

Manager: i hear he's good at developing players? I've yet to see it. Can't see him in the role come the start of next season.

To sumarise we are a team full of spineless cunts who'll do well to avoid relegation next season.

Off to renew season ticket, it gets me out..

Welcome back mate smile

white dragon wrote:

Putting it out there .
I don’t think Saiz is all that . Some of his first touches are poor , his temperament is abysmal.
There , I’ve said it.

He has his moments, but most of the time he has one touch too many and tries to take players on and loses the ball, when he only has to pass the ball. Same with his shooting chances, instead of pulling the trigger, he tries to walk it in, and that thing he does with the imaginary card when he gets fouled, pisses me off. Thought he was poor last night.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Revieswhites wrote:
white dragon wrote:

Putting it out there .
There , I’ve said it.

He has his moments, but most of the time he has one touch too many and tries to take players on and loses the ball, when he only has to pass the ball. Same with his shooting chances, instead of pulling the trigger, he tries to walk it in, and that thing he does with the imaginary card when he gets fouled, pisses me off. Thought he was poor last night.

He was poor but there was far worse in a Leeds shirt last night.
Personally I think he's a fantastic player,as good as there's been at ER for a good few years.
He gets frustrated though and I reckon the petulance is borne out of frustration at the pure mediocrity he finds himself surrounded by.

I'd be very surprised if there aren't decent size bids made for him in the summer.

I'd keep him, makes things happen.

Site stalwart.

space wrote:

All the moaning on twitter is back.

Sorry. Not sorry.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

white dragon wrote:

Putting it out there .
There , I’ve said it.

I'd drive Jansson, Saiz and Alioski to LBA anytime they want.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Harvest wrote:

I'd keep him, makes things happen.

Most definitely.

Mol wrote:
white dragon wrote:

Putting it out there .
There , I’ve said it.

I'd drive Jansson, Saiz and Alioski to LBA anytime they want.

Alioski yes, he's shit. Jansson and Saiz just need massive fuckings. Forget the showboating, forget the backchat, diving and feigning injuries, just play football.

Site stalwart.

Y'bloody bastards.

Site stalwart.

Why stress, you get the league placing you pay for.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Cos we like to have a good fucking moan!
It's what we do best!

It's either that or listen to rap music instead.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Yes but despite continually under performing especially during periods of success we are convinced that we should sit with the premiership big boys. I mean we've had maybe 15 good years in a century.

They'd do better if they bought players who didn't like losing for a start.

They'll struggle to sell Saiz at the moment as he hasn't done anything of note for some months.

As for Alioski, I don't know why they bought him. Dallas and Sacko already filled the bog standard championship winger role with some anonymity.

Sacko does have the decency to have a bit of pace but he makes up for this with a lack of a football brain.

I'd like him to have a confidence sapping extended role in the team.

The goalkeeper is spectacular in that I fear he's trying to exceed the standards he has so far set.

Longergan is just an ageing championship reserve.

On a brighter note the Blackburn Rovers the divisiion's best away trip appears to be coming back.

That'll do for me.

I'd much rather have the squad we had when we were at the top of the table last year.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:

The thing that gets me about our lots reaction to the match is that its one of complete surprise.  It's like its most fans first ever Leeds match.

This kind of performance is not a new thing.

I have had to self ban myself from twitter to stop some serious piss taking.

I consider myself to be a rational, reasonable, human being most of the time.  But for three to four hours after a performance like against Boro, I go on Twitter and become a total arse hole.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"