Re: Wot car does you drive

Reggie Perrin wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

The mesh thing?

Yes makes a great difference when driving has a two seater

Yeah but I drop the kids off at school in it on the way to work and I would never be arsed to fit it and take it off.  My old TF had a fixed one which was great.

There removable takes 30secs

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

hendersonjones wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

Yes makes a great difference when driving has a two seater

Yeah but I drop the kids off at school in it on the way to work and I would never be arsed to fit it and take it off.  My old TF had a fixed one which was great.

There removable takes 30secs

I'm a right lazy cunt.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Skoda Octavia estate. It's got the 1.4l petrol engine that develops 150bhp and it's pretty lively. 0-60 in 8 sec and a top end of over 135mph, not that I drive it that fast. Happily pulls our folding camper and you can get shit loads of stuff in the back. Drab as fuck, inside and out but I'd have another. Function over form.
*Edit* Will give, well over, 50 mpg  on a run. £30/year VED. What's not to like?

Last edited by CharlieG (Wed 28 Feb 2018 9:44 pm)

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

This is like top gear before the cunt clarkson hi jacked it.

My skoda is a deisel 65 plate less than 10bags of sand. 50k on the clock. I know its gonna be good for 200k. And coz it is 1.6 i dont have to pay road tax. Most my allowance from work straight in the sky rocket.

Jobs a gooden

I am just a common breed

Mitsubishi L200 pick-up. I love it smile

Both my bays and my scooter will be mot exempt as well as tax exempt come April 1st.. plus they are on my motor traders policy

No mot, no tax and they don't drop a penny in value more like gain.

My kind of motoring.. and then they'll be my pension

under the arches wrote:

This is like top gear before the cunt clarkson hi jacked it.

My skoda is a deisel 65 plate less than 10bags of sand. 50k on the clock. I know its gonna be good for 200k. And coz it is 1.6 i dont have to pay road tax. Most my allowance from work straight in the sky rocket.

Jobs a gooden

Keeping the allowance is my motivation too.  A 3 year old Superb would be about 12k too, a hell of a lot of car for half the price of a new focus.

I also have a 1958 beetle that is out of the box and a 1992 Vauxhall nova that is like the day it came out the factory. They're in the business technically ..

I'll be after more.  I only look at cars that I think are classics of the future or affordable classics now.  I'm happy running a shitish car as an a to b but I still won't lose money on them. I only buy when it's for fuck all.. run for 3 to 6 months either getting my money back or getting a drink on it..

Tesla Model S E P85D

Expanding Man wrote:

Tesla Model S E P85D

Nice car.

Mine's a black one, four wheels, Gets me from A to B. Which is all I ask.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

A white one.

Got a red Alfa Brera 2.4 it’s the fourth Alfa I’ve had I fucking love em.Also have a 15 plate Toyota Aygo lot of spec on it reverse camera etc sips fuel.

Have a car but only use it if it's absolutely necessary.
Get train into work, sat on one now typing this.
Too many arseholes on the road for my liking and too many cars in general,
The simplest of journeys can invariably be a fucking nightmare..,,,especially in weather like this.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

14 year old green thing
First car I've had with a CD player
As long as it goes I don't care

ambition beyond ability

Ken Kapstick wrote:

Got a red Alfa Brera 2.4 it’s the fourth Alfa I’ve had I fucking love em.Also have a 15 plate Toyota Aygo lot of spec on it reverse camera etc sips fuel.

I keep looking at breras at the moment. Definite future classic... but the pro drive is the one to buy...they only made 500 of them. They're doing about ten bags at the minute... definitely want buying and putting away if you can afford to.

Another is the Audi TT.  A nice low mileage one with good spec and has to be the 225. I've got my eye on one at the moment. A 53 plate, grey with red leather done 45k. Old fellas got it garaged in brid

Agree with you about driving. I detest it and wish I didn't have to. Bradford has got to be up there as one of the worst places to drive round

09 Honda CRV 2.2CDTi - it's a bit like a tractor

15 Mini Cooper- nice little car although I preferred my old Golf 52 plate TDi (wife wanted a change......)

Keep thinking about changing the Honda but it does what we need it to,  not worth throwing the cash away

I can get 20% off new Jags and Land Rovers (cos of where I work) which often tempts me but not enough

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

scootay wrote:
Ken Kapstick wrote:

I keep looking at breras at the moment. Definite future classic... but the pro drive is the one to buy...they only made 500 of them. They're doing about ten bags at the minute... definitely want buying and putting away if you can afford to.

Another is the Audi TT.  A nice low mileage one with good spec and has to be the 225. I've got my eye on one at the moment. A 53 plate, grey with red leather done 45k. Old fellas got it garaged in brid

Agree with you about driving. I detest it and wish I didn't have to. Bradford has got to be up there as one of the worst places to drive round

Every time I have to drive near Bradford the saynav drags me through the city centre.  Right through the middle.  Takes forever.  Lights every 2p yards.

Skoda Fabia. It's reliable and that's all I care about.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Skoda Fabia. It's reliable and that's all I care about.

Currently looking after the lad's Fabia Monte Carlo, while he's in the Alps - real fun car to drive.
Can't fault Skodas.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

scootay wrote:

I also have a 1958 beetle that is out of the box and a 1992 Vauxhall nova that is like the day it came out the factory. They're in the business technically ..

I'll be after more.  I only look at cars that I think are classics of the future or affordable classics now.  I'm happy running a shitish car as an a to b but I still won't lose money on them. I only buy when it's for fuck all.. run for 3 to 6 months either getting my money back or getting a drink on it..

Ace - what are bays worth these days?  Do you drive them?

I had a 77 Bay - Devon conversion.  Drove it as my daily drive for five years.  Took it all over the UK and Northern France.

I sold it for 3K about 7 years ago.  Had put a new front beam on and new wheel arches.  I worked out that it cost me £100 a month to run it not including fuel.

That 58 beetle must be worth a fortune.

I was looking at a T5 - I think they may be next.

I currently don't own a car - wife has a 55 plate Ford Focus that has 130K on the clock and seems to be bimbling along nicely - taking it to Arras in October so fingers crossed.

My last car was a Rover 216 cab.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5109/5601085271_a4d4a38c15.jpg

I fucking loved it.  I had some cash after christmas one year and went to a local dealer to have a mooch and it was there - offered him £500 and he ripped my arm off.  Had the Honda K series engine which I think would still be going now.  I got rid as the engine imobiliser fucked for the second time and was gonna cost me circa £200 to fi and was, by all accounts, a fanny to take out.

I am currently looking for another one  - have seen a few good ones around the 1.3k mark.

Cars of note I have owned - A Citroen BS - lovely but a devils car.  It got 'nicked' in the end.  A Volvo 245 - fuck a duck, it was like driving around in me front room.  I killed it - forgot to put the oil cap back on after filling it up then drove it to Robins Hood bay.

Aim Low and miss...

Small Mazda....Tamura? I drive it 2/3 times a week; less if I can. Wife uses it for work.

"We are The Fall"

04 plate mini cooper - not hit 60k miles yet (bought it off me best mates mother-in-law - she'd had it 7 years  and did about 7k miles, one trip a month Rawdon to Harrogate and back!)

CBIT wrote:

04 plate mini cooper - not hit 60k miles yet (bought it off me best mates mother-in-law - she'd had it 7 years  and did about 7k miles, one trip a month Rawdon to Harrogate and back!)

Ones that age are still very pretty.  Does they have Bluetooth in?  Sat nav?  Can all these things be easily retrofitted if not?

No bluetooth and my phone works perfectly as a sat nav