Re: Grandparents

My great grandad was the arrow throwing champion of the world and was killed in action in the first world war.. buried in France

scootay wrote:

My great grandad was the arrow throwing champion of the world and was killed in action in the first world war.. buried in France

The only way that story could be any cooler would be if he was somehow ironically killed by a German arrow thrower attempting to break his record.

People are Twats

space wrote:
scootay wrote:

The only way that story could be any cooler would be if he was somehow ironically killed by a German arrow thrower attempting to break his record.

There used to be an article on him on Google but I can't find it now. He was called Charles William firth and there used to be a painting of him in the Greenwood arms pub in Bradford.. the picture was always promised to my mum by the brewery if they ever sold it. It sadly went missing never to be seen again

Last edited by scootay (Mon 24 Dec 2018 12:31 pm)

Granddad on me old fellas side was station master at the local fire station, ace took me round it once when i was about 8, smoked woodbines constantly and had the yellowest two fingers you'd ever seen, on me mums side he'd got gassed in ww1 and then never moved out the chair watching itv7 and the wrestling whilst moaning about me playing with lego.