Topic: My sporting television debut.

Well it's not on tv, but streamed on the internet, and i'm one of hundreds of games so probably won't be shown. That apart I'm making my sporting television debut this weekend.

I'm in a darts competition which the cream of the BDO all play in. Work have chipped in to get all of the lads branded Darts shirts - bit embarrassing really, all topped off by the obligatory nickname on the back. So if I ever make it in the darting world I will be known as The Knocker.

It's a play on childhood nicknames, but more so a connection to my brother, the one who had the motorbike accident, got ripped off/free double glazing and who a few years ago now died following an epileptic fit/fall. When I was a tot and he was about 14 he used to tell me the Knocker was coming to get me, at some point i'd hear a slow rhythmic knock on wood and he'd tell me to hide and not come out, presumably to keep me quiet. At least once he told me to hide in a drawer which he then shut me in.

Darts wise I hope I get a name, it's best of seven and my main hope would be to show them I can play.

Re: My sporting television debut.

Is there betting on it?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Gwan “The Knocker”. Let us know so we can watch and cheer you in

#teamknocker

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

OMJ - Double top when it mattered

"We are The Fall"

Do you win a speedboat?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

'You wanted The Fall...you got spelling. For £30, can you spell .....'

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Let's check it with Bully, H-E-X-E-N-D-U-C-T.....

Oh no

Here's what you could have won......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Too early for a stream?

#DoTheDai \o/

Is it going to clash with the Leeds game
I can see a dilemma brewing

ambition beyond ability

Space, Pokerstars will have prices on Friday afternoon.

The stream starts at 12:00, not sure when my first match will be on. In a lesser contest Thursday night, if I win my first game which isn't impossible I will be up against a dutch bloke who got to the worlds quarter finals at the BDO.  In Friday's contest I have a tough first game which in all probability I'll get stuffed.  if somehow I win I play the third seed.

Now, your bully's safe....

1 hundred and EIGHTY!

Come on SL!

Last edited by 90Piesanhour (Wed 07 Mar 2018 8:19 pm)

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

I'm excited.  Like a bit of darts

Go get em knocker

Hoping it's pronounced The Kin-ocker like Knockaert.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Saturday's draw has been made, i'm in the second round (the last 256) where I play a scottish bloke who is clearly better than me but for this standard probably isn't a bad draw. We will be playing after 12, but I would expect the big guns to be streamed, I cannot imagine they will do all or many of the boards.

I've had a day off work today so I can spreadsheet and practice and not have to rush about tonight.

How many fans are we taking?

Will they all be firm?

"We are The Fall"

Make sure Placid's mate doesn't turn up.

Last edited by Harvest (Thu 08 Mar 2018 10:35 am)

Young Marxist at Tescos wrote:

How many fans are we taking?

Will they all be firm?

Shouts of 'stand' as the Scottish wanker and his mob turn up to find us sitting at their allocated tables

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Three days of darting humiliation couldn't take the shine off this moment, a dedicated strapline in support of The Knocker. big_smile

Smutty Lips wrote:

I've had a day off work today so I can spreadsheet and practice and not have to rush about tonight.

Bookies betting on themselves is that allowed? What odds are you giving youself?

To win tonight's game, 10/1. To win tonight's event 1,000,000/1. Though note my max payout is whatever I can find down the back of the sofa.

Good at maths in school Smutty?

Smutty Lips wrote:

To win tonight's game, 10/1. To win tonight's event 1,000,000/1. Though note my max payout is whatever I can find down the back of the sofa.

Best of luck, Knocker.