Topic: Gin

There's a "Gin bar" opened near us. Lasses going on about it all the time and inviting "the girls" round to"gin nights" at each others houses. All gin to me tastes like it was made in a bathtub with dead pigeons floating in it. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink it if its put in front of me cos I'll drink owt. Our lass has a bottle of "artisan" gin that she got for her birthday. When she's gone to bed I'll have a mug now and again then I'll buy some Gordon's  to top it up with before she notices. This has been happening for months, its pretty much pure Gordon's now. She had a glass this week and said "Oh this is lovely, so much nicer than Gordon's." Its hardly fucking single malt is it?

Re: Gin

Woman at work who sits opposite goes on about it all the time. Gin with cucumber, gin with elderberries, gin with Swarfega. On and on and on and on.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Gin makes birds weepy.

Misura wrote:

Gin makes birds weepy.

Possibly birds drinking gin in my company makes them weepy. neutral

Misura wrote:
Misura wrote:

Gin makes birds weepy.

Possibly birds drinking gin in my company makes them weepy. neutral

Being totally honest. I think it's just my company that upsets them.

'...then after Harry Haslam it was Martin Peters, he didn't last long, then, let me think, yeh, Ian Porterfield, quite liked him. Are you yawning? You've had a long day love. Right, then we had Billy McCewan...'

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Botanics.
WTF?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Harvest wrote:

'...then after Harry Haslam it was Martin Peters, he didn't last long, then, let me think, yeh, Ian Porterfield, quite liked him. Are you yawning? You've had a long day love. Right, then we had Billy McCewan...'

....and then Dave Bassett came and saved us. Hang on, I'll get us both another drink before I tell you about the Bassett years. Are those tears in your eyes love? big_smile

That is scarily realistic of my small talk/fore play.

Owner of my local makes this.

It's very nice; https://www.secondson.co.uk

Have to disagree, was never a fan, but if you've lived somewhere hot a nice g&t hits the spot.

This one for me, with cucumber or a slice of young ginger if you've got some in.

https://dekanta.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/suntory-roku-gin-510x600.jpg

The first gin released by Suntory, the name "Roku" is Japanese for "Six" which refers to the six Japanese botanicals used. Cherry blossoms, cherry leaves, green tea (sencha), refined green tea (gyokuro), sanshō pepper, and yuzu are utilized along with eight other traditional gin botanicals. The label is printed with Japanese washi paper. Roku was released in Japan in July 2017 with a wider release expected later in the year around the world.

Last edited by king of the slums (Sat 28 Apr 2018 3:56 am)

#DoTheDai \o/

https://www.whittakersgin.com

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

* grows beard, discards socks * hmm

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Its vodka with twigs.

People are Twats