Re: national League 18/19

Fixtures are out!
H will be off school in August so Salford away on a Tuesday night is on the cards. Plenty of others. Harrogate away on Boxing Day (season tickets will hopefully mean we get to it as allocation won't be huge), Chesterfield away on a Saturday in February, Hartlepool away on Good Friday and Fylde away last game of the season.
Only missing one home hame (Gateshead) when we're in France.
Will miss the Stockport friendly now given England's win but the one against Brighouse Town on Tuesday night is walking distance from home.
Looking forward to the new season now. Another year of having a proper laugh and, with any luck, some success....

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Wed 04 Jul 2018 4:32 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Fixtures are out!
H will be off school in August so Salford away on a Tuesday night is on the cards. Plenty of others. Harrogate away on Boxing Day (season tickets will hopefully mean we get to it as allocation won't be huge), Chesterfield away on a Saturday in February, Hartlepool away on Good Friday and Fylde away last game of the season.
Only missing one home hame (Gateshead) when we're in France.
Will miss the Stockport friendly now given England's win but the one against Brighouse Town on Tuesday night is walking distance from home.
Looking forward to the new season now. Another year of having a proper laugh and, with any luck, some success....

Re the Pools game,  do you have family up in 'Boro still that you'd visit?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Re the Pools game,  do you have family up in 'Boro still that you'd visit?

Probably none that he'd be prepared to admit to.

Still plenty up there. Reckon it'll be straight up and down though, drinking to be done on a Bank Holiday weekend....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Still plenty up there. Reckon it'll be straight up and down though, drinking to be done on a Bank Holiday weekend....

Not been back for a LONG time - my mate who's a season ticket holder at Boro tells me it's changed a lot

I might head for a weekend some time when I've nowt better to do

New signings...
England C captain Josh Staunton...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhcoTMAU8AENnnd.jpg
Another from Bolton's youth set-up, Ryan Sellars...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhcSBBKU8AA8Pq6.jpg
Ex-Fulham, Rangers...and Accrington Stanley, Mekhi Leacock-McLeod
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhcM02wUEAAI7hB.jpg:large

Disappointed to miss tomorrow's game against Stockport but she's secured a pass for Tuesday night's walking distance trip to Brighouse Town.

Well I've officially gone native. And Hannah has another football first, her first season ticket....
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38126036_10156046481226725_2052029009163714560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8102494aeeee70cda05ef5f0dd7b34fd&oe=5C11BB6A

Her mates have won the 'Best 9th Birthday Present' award this year....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjliaHNWwAAY5qp.jpg

Braintree away on Saturday (we'll have to make do with Twitter updates, Salford City on the 14th will be our first away trip). And then Barrow at home. On her birthday. Will have to sort a 'dedication' over the tannoy I reckon.

Loving that present - more great memories to make Trav

FCHT beat Braintree 0-2. Well worth the win according to some that went. Barrow at home on Tuesday....

That's an ace present.

Human kindness is overflowing

Dover having a shit time of it.  Not used to this losing lark.  Has Kinnear's magic touch eluded him this season. 

Lots of players departed again at the end of last season and the signings we made not setting the world alight - the thin end of the wedge for teams in the conference on very small budgets.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

Lots of players departed again at the end of last season and the signings we made not setting the world alight - the thin end of the wedge for teams in the conference on very small budgets.

Having only being a regular at Guiseley for a couple of years, I'm a mere novice as to the day-to-day workings of non-league football.

But given the consistent and rapid interchange of players and managers between the different clubs, and clubs between divisions, this theme tune has become my only constant to try and make sense of it all...

Yes.  It seems a lot like that.  It also seems that Dover only sign players from leagues below who have well traveled that merry go round.

Tbf i'd not go to Dover if I was a player.  Tuesday night away at Gateshead and up in the morning to do me day job!  Eff that.

Aim Low and miss...

Don't they all live and train up London way and just pop down for home matches?

^^^  Yeah - i'd imagine so. 

We signed a player from Burnley the other day - did little to help the slide.  Four straight defeats now.  Eff.

Aim Low and miss...

Sutton 1 - Halifax 1

(in Trav's absence)

Mrs found the commentary online and played it through her phone when we were driving up through France. What have I inflicted on the poor child?
Could have won it by all accounts.
Big test tomorrow at Wrexham. Not expecting anything from it.
Couple of recent signings have gone straight into the first team, Joe Skarz and James Berrett, both at Huddersfield in the past. Some genuine competition for places now

Great point away at Wrexham. 5377 there (244 from Town). Still think it's Wrexham's to lose this season. People keep expecting the wheels to come off at The Shay but just maybe Fullarton has got it right this year. Orient at home on Saturday.

Would of gone tonight, but working afternoons. Listened to some of it on radio. Sounded like Wrexham had a lot of the ball ,couldn’t break Halifax down.
Wrexham like last few years too many points dropped at home.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Dover arrest the slide with a 1 - 1 at home to Ebbs fleet.  Happy with that as they are one of the money teams in the league - hopefully we can kick on now.

Aim Low and miss...

'Just turn Twitter off Dad'....Town 3-0 down already at Maidenhead.

Slipped to ninth after yesterday's results. Missing some key players through injury but were blown away in the first half yesterday apparently. Really need a win against Hartlepool on Saturday. They should bring a few.

We are fucking rock bottom and lost at home to Solihul Saturday - last time I saw them they were fucking shit.

Aim Low and miss...

Another game and another loss.  Away to Aldershot.  Can't see Kinear lasting much longer.  Especially will all the money spent at Crabble on stands and the pitch.

Aim Low and miss...

Dover.  A draw.  Away.  At Sutton.  Who are 7th.  Not bottom.  We can do this.

Aim Low and miss...