Re: Bielsa sacked

He needs players. Brunel couldn't build a bridge out of jelly tots.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

He's either been promised a decent transfer kitty or it's a one last pay day hurrah. Taking a wait and see stance but, yeah, interesting times.

Human kindness is overflowing

quick summary of bielsa style
It is a style of play that comes with risks - there is plenty of space behind the defensive line in which the opposition can launch their counter attacks. [And it is a style that demands constant movement, relentless physical effortt.]

Picks up phone.."Ok so I'd like to book a taxi for: Kalvin phillips, eunan o Kane, hadi sakho, pawel cibecki, Lauren's de Bach, Kemal roofe"

Last edited by Fiery jack (Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:11 am)

Fiery jack wrote:

It is a style of play that comes with risks - there is plenty of space behind the defensive line in which the opposition can launch their counter attacks. [And it is a style that demands constant movement, relentless physical effortt.]

Picks up phone.."Ok so I'd like to book a taxi for: Kalvin phillips, eunan o Kane, hadi sakho, pawel cibecki, Lauren's de Bach, Kemal roofe"

With Cooper driving the fucking thing!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

http://www.rocketbirdlondon.com

They wrote a book about him...apparently Gary speed was a disciple at Wales..the Marseille fans chanted at him, .El loco, make us dream!  I'd just like the nightmares to end :-!

Fiery jack wrote:

This kind of style can lead to injuries whilst the team get up to the fitness demands.

Expanding Man wrote:
Fiery jack wrote:

This kind of style can lead to injuries whilst the team get up to the fitness demands.

Fuck them. It’s time they understood what breaking feels like.

Look at Iceland as a team, being fit as a grocers garden never hurt anyone and never.made anyone worse at their sport.  I would like also to present before the court further evidence in the Greek national side in 2004, carved out of wood them bastards were.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:09 am)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

The destination is one thing, the journey is something else.

I'm 54, I do Tae Kwon Do twice a week, Jiu Jitsu once a week and a £5k park run too. It's bloody hard work and the martial arts sides don't let up, and I can manage it whlst also holding down a full-time job, so some 22-year old who listens to R&B and plays golf in their spare time should be able to keep up, shouldn't they? Or do they want to carry on being perennial also rans?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

90Piesanhour wrote:

I'm 54, I do Tae Kwon Do twice a week, Jiu Jitsu once a week and a £5k park run too. It's bloody hard work and the martial arts sides don't let up, and I can manage it whlst  holding down a full-time job, so some 22-year old who listens to R&B and plays golf in their spare time should be able to keep up, shouldn't they? Or do they want to carry on being perennial also rans?

Fuck me, where do you do that.? Windsor Great Park ( closed road) with Charlie and Phil??

CharlieG wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

I'm 54, I do Tae Kwon Do twice a week, Jiu Jitsu once a week and a £5k park run too. It's bloody hard work and the martial arts sides don't let up, and I can manage it whlst  holding down a full-time job, so some 22-year old who listens to R&B and plays golf in their spare time should be able to keep up, shouldn't they? Or do they want to carry on being perennial also rans?

Fuck me, where do you do that.? Windsor Great Park ( closed road) with Charlie and Phil??

Ooops! wink

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

90Piesanhour wrote:

I'm 54, I do Tae Kwon Do twice a week, Jiu Jitsu once a week and a £5k park run too. It's bloody hard work and the martial arts sides don't let up, and I can manage it whlst also holding down a full-time job, so some 22-year old who listens to R&B and plays golf in their spare time should be able to keep up, shouldn't they? Or do they want to carry on being perennial also rans?

That's the rub of the nub, isn't it? They (your players, my players, most players) aren't really that bothered. They are under contract, they are paid handsomely and know that the game is a closed shop, where they're still find work at another club even if they get binned. Leicester bought into a similar idea for a season, and then couldn't be arsed. Then you get someone like Ronaldo who on natural ability is probably 7.5/10, but with his dedication to every aspect of self improvement & self discipline, he's 11/10.

Misura wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

That's the rub of the nub, isn't it? They (your players, my players, most players) aren't really that bothered. They are under contract, they are paid handsomely and know that the game is a closed shop, where they're still find work at another club even if they get binned. Leicester bought into a similar idea for a season, and then couldn't be arsed. Then you get someone like Ronaldo who on natural ability is probably 7.5/10, but with his dedication to every aspect of self improvement & self discipline, he's 11/10.

Do they drugs tests footballers?

Good description of Ronaldo that. I'm going to paraphrase that in the coming weeks at work, with smaller numbers, when building up my coworkers self esteem.

Leeds fans on twitter right now, blimey. Truth is, no one knows how it will play out; if he's been given assurances there'll be a sizeable transfer kitty or if he's just coming for one last pay cheque.

We live in interesting times. As Leeds fans, we could say that at pretty much any time in our history. Never boring.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Tue 19 Jun 2018 4:08 am)

My best guess is that it will be a roaring success, or a complete and utter failure. There will be no in between with this bloke.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

The bloke doing physio on my ankle is an Argie and I went for more torture yesterday evening

Mid way though the "pulling the foot out of the ankle socket" move,  I mentioned that Bielsa had gone to Leeds United

Old Alfredo Astiz paused for a moment and said "why the hell has he done that?  Leeds?  Seriously,  Leeds?  The man is a mad man,  you can never predict what he will do next......."

Which sort of summed it all up really

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

CharlieG wrote:

Bet he could.

https://www.galileo-camps.com/images/uploads/wysiwyg/galileo-gumdropbridge1.jpg

People are Twats

space wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

Bet he could.

https://www.galileo-camps.com/images/uploads/wysiwyg/galileo-gumdropbridge1.jpg

The first bit of pressure and it collapses.
Sounds familiar......

No signings as yet. Bit worrying. You'd figure he had a list of targets and they'd said yes we can get them in order to get him to commit. It's a long season and our lot looked fucked towards the end of last season, well, after Christmas. Be interesting to see how he improves fitness, given we're already in the arse end of June.

Cutsyke wrote:

No signings as yet. Bit worrying. You'd figure he had a list of targets and they'd said yes we can get them in order to get him to commit. It's a long season and our lot looked fucked towards the end of last season, well, after Christmas. Be interesting to see how he improves fitness, given we're already in the arse end of June.

Yep
Get some one signed sharpish you cunts.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Watch Marcelo Bielsa's first Leeds United press conference live via Facebook and Twitter on Monday 25th June from 2pm. More info at http://bit.ly/2K1qa5t

I'm going 12 seconds before he says we're a big club.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Mucho grande

CBIT wrote:

Watch Marcelo Bielsa's first Leeds United press conference live via Facebook and Twitter on Monday 25th June from 2pm. More info at http://bit.ly/2K1qa5t

Presumably he's ready to announce that he's already got the office staff doing shuttle runs and burpees in the ER car park?

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'