Topic: Prediction 2018/19

10th.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: Prediction 2018/19

Ask again when the transfer window closes.

Human kindness is overflowing

We've essentially got five new players plus two bonus finds ie Bamford, Douglas, Baker, Blackman, Roberts, Pearce and Peacock-Farrell. Can't see many more being added.

Outside the top six, given current squad and level of play. Another striker ( 20+ goals ), CB,  hardcase MF, then I'll dream.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Outside the top six gives you a pretty big chance of saying 'told you so' when we revisit this in May and Brexit was just that blip that never happened. Numbers please Charles, numbers.

5th

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

6th

________________________________________________________________________________

6th.  And lose a play off final.

People are Twats

15th. Mathematically safe day around the time of the London Marathon.

But a season where assorted young players are at least given a chance.

Harvest wrote:

Outside the top six gives you a pretty big chance of saying 'told you so' when we revisit this in May and Brexit was just that blip that never happened. Numbers please Charles, numbers.

OK, 9th, as it is. 5th with a couple of shrewd (giggles) signings.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

4th and up through play offs on pens.

Given he plays a high tempo pressing game that means we need players with peak fitness, and our lot looked fucked towards the end of the season, and I think It's a longer season than any of the leagues he has previously been involved in, I don't think we currently have the squad to make the playoffs.
8th.

But fucking hell lads, football!

Last edited by Cutsyke (Mon 30 Jul 2018 1:09 am)

We'll either win a load of games 5-4, or lose a load of games 5-4, top 4 or bottom 4, no in between I'm afraid.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

This is the best part of the season for me, before a ball is even kicked and all illusions have yet to be trampled. 2nd place finish, either barnstorming start to the season and just scrambling over the line at the death, OR we're shit to start, Rad spends big in January to turn it around.

Still not really arsed about going up but I am very intrigued about the football we'll play, Bielsa seems to be all over the shop (like a madwoman's shit, Reg), going to be entertaining whatever. This is Rad's big throw of the dice the next two seasons.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

A mate who went to York as a neutral said Bielsa looked like a shaky grandmother lost in a car park.

His best years are likely to be behind him.

The eternal optimist in me says 3rd.

The realist .. a period of playing great football and being near the top, and then fading away when the fans expectations go into overload, we acheive mid table security and sack the manager

Last edited by Franz Klammer SC (Mon 30 Jul 2018 3:01 pm)

Loose Lips wrote:

A mate who went to York as a neutral said Bielsa looked like a shaky grandmother lost in a car park.

His best years are likely to be behind him.

What do you reckon then?
Is your mate's expertise something we can rely on?

Are you now worried because he told you this?

Are we truly doomed?

lol

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Nah just thought I post summat up.

Shoot the shit.

Chit the chat.

He’s a Bolton fan. Doesn’t know his arse from his elbow.

Bielsa knows what he's doing, his press conference was the best game of poker I've seen in a long time, he owned it for an old lady.

If the youth can kick on and stay fit we're in with a chance if we can get an experienced FW / ST as a target man in (play offs).

A CB would be a nice to have and still not sure loaning Paudie was the right thing to do, thought he looked okay last season and ready. (7th)

Pontus to come back and be gash anyone? (8th)

#DoTheDai \o/

Loose Lips wrote:

Nah just thought I post summat up.

Shoot the shit.

Chit the chat.

We'd have no OMJ without it.

I wonder how much some people are projecting with regards to Bielsa. None of us know his mindset. None of us know if he's just here for one last cheque or if he really has the fire in his belly you need to win in this league.
It really is, more so than any season in recent times a wait and see type situation.
I honestly expected more signings, I honestly expected them to start writing cheques. When you think of the profile and cost of the manager and the comments about Wolves last season and the token fine Bourenmouth have just received for flaunting FFP I really thought they'd be going for it. Adjusted for inflation this isn't even going for it in the way they did after signing Wilko. I'm not saying money guarantees success, we know it doesn't. I am saying this summer didn't play out the way I thought it might after hiring Bielsa. I remain somewhat cynical and hopeful I'll be proved wrong and he does have the will to win and he can make race horses out of pit ponies. I still worry we don't have the squad for the season even if we have a decent team.

Odds on Bielsa lasting the season?

It’s always unknown isn’t it? Or has been for 4 years.

But if we don’t move a few places up with a tactical genius and a few bob spent then we are cursed.

I think if we don’t clear 9th let’s push for wholesale change. Rename us to the Beeston Renegades,  play in dresses and shoot only at our own keeper.

It is, I'm just saying I think it's maybe more so than it has been for a while. I mean, I expected exactly fuck all with Hockaday for example but now we have a phenomenally respect guru type at the helm but we really don't know where his head is.

Yeah it’s weird. On the face of it the loanees and buys seem less like a punt. It’s almost like 70% of a plan has been executed.

Bates was a cunt. The binged up Italian wasn’t. But he was utterly mental. Radz? Could be the biggest chancer yet.

I don’t know what to think.

I. Don’t. Know. What. To. Think.

Not really Leeds related but my lad is a physio for a league Two team and they played Derby at their ground in a pre-season friendly.

He was very impressed with them.

I'd like you to get Ben Woodburn from us on loan, not Villa.