Topic: Norwich - away

If I'm not breaking OMJ protocol, allow me to introduce this topic.

In Daniel Farke, we have a manager seemingly obsessed by possession and, appropriately enough, vorsprung durch technik.
He seems less concerned by "minor" matters such as physical power, defending properly and sticking the ball in the back of the net. The result is a very unpredictable flock of Canaries, who have made a generally unconvincing start to the season.

If you play the fast, attacking stuff Bielsa appears to want (and which imho was not entirely on show the other night against Swansea, a match I watched live streamed over here), you may rip us to pieces. If you're more hesitant, then Farke's cut-price Championship version of tiki-taka may cancel you out.

Coming off a 2-0 win over Preston yesterday, albeit one only secured very late doors after 80 minutes of ineptitude, this Saturday is harder to call. My own loyalty, which answers not to reason, tempts me to say the spoils will be shared.

Re: Norwich - away

This has 2-5 written all over it...

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

Kevin Stapleton wrote:

This has 2-5 written all over it...

big_smile agreed

#DoTheDai \o/

Bielsa's presser yesterday was sublime.

Not only did he pull the journalists questions and assumptions apart like he was Karl Popper, laying the remains of their questions in front of them like some sacrificial offering.

But he also apologised to Crespo for not telling him he was a "great player at the right time to get the most out of him," calling Crespo, "my son," in the process.

Bielsa apologising to Crespo in a Leeds v Norwich presser, get your head around that.. smile

He was of course asked about Norwich painting their visitor's dressing-room pink in an attempt to subdue aggression and stifle the desire to win in the opposition. He went off on an existential wander, around the identity we give to colours, the fact that mothers and girls still want to win, and do win. Then he got stuck, laughed a little and said they were sending in the kit guys to paper over the walls. Was he joking? Probably not. And I fully expect to see Instagram photos from the kit guys on the official account taking a load of flip chart pads and gaffer tape in to redecorate the dressing-room so it's all white on the night... big_smile

Win or lose, god bless this man!

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 24 Aug 2018 3:53 am)

#DoTheDai \o/

Oh and the bit where he said win. lose or draw the buck stops with him, as he picks the team. There is no Plan B and only a Plan A and if Plan A is not implemented, it's his fault. He would be doing his "work colleagues," a disservice if he was to pass the blame. He's never openly criticised a player, ever and seemed quite proud of the fact. He's giving these lads room to breath, make mistakes, but ultimately be better footballers...

All feels very strange after the 15 years we've had.

#DoTheDai \o/

Cooper out for 3 weeks. If Jansson doesnt play that will be the last we see of him.

Hopefully Bielsa can motivate him to snap out of his bad back bollocks

2 - 0 to us.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Norwich have lost two, one of them a seven goal duel with West Brom who can't seem to stop scoring. The canaries always seem to play well against Leeds and this will be no different. But Leeds are the better side. Leeds win, just.

Pip, I’m off on Sat. Will try and enthuse about Norwich in a positive light for you after. Want me take any pics of landmarks to fill you with nostalgic civic pride. I promise it will be better than Neath’s effort

Theres a bucketful of goals in this one. 3-4 to Leeds, Berardi to club one in 90+6.. Na’aarch will be up for this one.

I for one hope the kitmen can wallpaper the changing room in woodchip with extra-string glue!! That’ll learn’em.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Given some of the prissy, ineffectual play we have been dishing up regularly under Farke, I reckon the home dressing room has also been covered in pink for some time. The club is not letting on.

Placid, thanks for the offer, but I'll be over next month and hope to see our matches against those purveyors of footballing beauty Wigan and Stoke. So, I should be able to stock up on enough stirring medievalism to keep me going for a while.

placidcasual wrote:

Pip, I’m off on Sat. Will try and enthuse about Norwich in a positive light for you after. Want me take any pics of landmarks to fill you with nostalgic civic pride. I promise it will be better than Neath’s effort

Sale of the Century set and Colemans Mustard factory  , ta

Quite like Naaarch. The lad went to uni there and worked in hospitality at Carrow Road. Remember him telling me about him bumping into Snodgrass and Snodgrass saying "Weren't you at Leeds?"  - they'd met a number of times when the lad worked at ER - and the lad saying "Yeah, I was part of the deal for your transfer!"

Last edited by CharlieG (Fri 24 Aug 2018 12:28 pm)

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Worked in Norwich for a bit about 20 years ago.  Stayed in a cheap hotel not far from the football ground.  All the nearby phone boxes were full of brass's calling cards and I used to go out every night because if I stayed in the hotel all I could hear was the comings and goings of passing trade in the other hotel rooms.  By the sound of it some of those girls were doing more business than you'd imagine for a town like Norwich.

People are Twats

You are Alan Partridge and I claim my £5.

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

First defeat of the campaign sadly.
Hope I'm wrong!

Cheers.

Mr Happy.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

The centre back situation worries me, and I'm not convinced of Beradi, who will probably play there with Jansson, 2-2

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

@PhilHayYEP: Leeds v Norwich: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Berardi, Jansson, Douglas, Phillips, Hernandez, Saiz, Klich, Alioski, Roofe. #lufc

What a fucking goal! Great cross from Pablo

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Fuxake! Marcelona!!!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Is it safe to start believing yet or is the OMJ hive-mind still racked with mistrust and scepticism?

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

We're re-adjusting. Slowly. But surely.

albert herbert hawkins wrote:

Is it safe to start believing yet or is the OMJ hive-mind still racked with mistrust and scepticism?

At 0-2 up the voice in the back of my mind (who sounds like a manic depressive Seth Armstrong) was telling me that the score line meant we would go down to 10 men and lose 3-2.   It will be a long time until I stop waiting for the wheels to come off.

People are Twats

I'll stop worrying when we're 4 up.

People are Twats

Two excellent shots on target both blocked.

We deserve to be winning this by a 3 goal margin.

People are Twats