Topic: Boro h

MB's press conference

Bielsa on Boro being a good game after Preston "There is no link between the two games."

Will the Preston defeat halt momentum? "We hope no and we will work for it.

Bielsa on league standings "For us, the important thing is to win the game on Friday. We don't take into account the table at this moment of the competition."

Bielsa clarifying league position comments  "The table is always important for us. What I wanted to say is the coming game on Friday is important by itself. It's not important because we can be first, it's important because of the game itself. When I explain that the table is always important for us and at the same time I say we don't look at the table it looks like a contradiction. What I am trying to explain is the important thing is to finish the Championship in the best possible position." We need to observe what is happening right now. This is expressed in two questions the first one is: will the defeat have an impact? The second: what is the value we give to Leeds for where we are in the table right now?"

Bielsa on Middlesbrough "The aerial game is a feature of the Premier League and it has a lot of influence. So I guess we will see again this feature during the game on Friday."

Bielsa on possible incomings "I can't give you a positive or negative answer."

Bielsa on Preston defeat "I'm never angry at the players. I understand, I analyse, I try to help, I try to give solutions and I try to give value to the performance."

Bielsa on Preston defeat "When I lose I am sad. When I win I feel happy. With the players is the previous answer. In the game of yesterday we had three groups of players. Young players, experienced players and players who are getting involved with the first-team. One thing that this loss produces is we lose a competition to use this for the new players and give experience to the young players."

Bielsa on how other players will stay match ready "We have many resources. The training sessions each week, the under-23 competition, the needs we have when you have an injured or suspended player."

Is Boro the hardest game so far?"It's difficult to make comparisons. When we played against Stoke or Swansea we had an opposition against us that was in the Premier League a few months ago. It's an important rival, it will be a difficult and tough game. But I don't want to put a classification between teams but for me the next game is always the most difficult one."

Bielsa on squad needing two players for each position "We had 18 players and we've added six players broadly speaking."

Bielsa on Cooper/Forshaw "Cooper has an opportunity to play on Friday. Forshaw will be available after the international break."

Bielsa on Middlesbrough "It's a team who represent one style of play. The head coach is a recognised one and an experienced one. We have a challenge with two teams who have the same number of points and occupy the same spot in the league. These are all the ingredients that add to the game."

Bielsa on possible incomings"If it's a possibility if we add a new player it's because he will add to the team. If nobody comes we have enough players."

Bielsa on Jansson"He was one of the best players in the two last games. He didn't do the work we did in pre-season and he has played three games. In these games he played at a level close to his potential."

Bielsa on Cooper "It will be a plus for the team. He is our captain, he is a courageous and important player. But if he can't play we have other options."

Bielsa on clash of styles "It would be pretentious on my part to say that. To think that our style is one that can be opposed to another one."

Bielsa on Leeds' former Boro players"If it's necessary of course I will listen to their point of view but the style of Middlesbrough is well known because the head coach of them is a legend in English football."

Bielsa on injuries "For Pearce it's not very important it's very painful but just a kick. Shackleton has an ankle problem which we will see how this evolves. He is a tough player."

Jansson:

Jansson on Boro: "It's a game between the first and second in the table and it's going to be a tough one

Jansson on Leeds "I've seen both the good sides and bad sides of Leeds. Last season was a disaster. It's a lot more professional around here, it feels that way, it's good

Jansson on Bielsa "Long days. He wants us to train exactly how we're going to play. You have to stay concentrated in every moment.

Jansson on salute "I want to be a part of the team. I don't want to make it all about me. Maybe if we go to the Premier League I'll do it.

Jansson on World Cup "I grew a lot. It was a great experience me. It helped me become a leader

Jansson on return I worked hard over the summer. I came back fit. The last two games has been good and I feel stronger, faster."

Jansson on form"We are first in the table and we play really good football. It has been a different role for me also, it's lots of running even for me and I like the one-on-one situations. I enjoy the battles."

Pontus Jansson on toning down celebrations of late: "I don't want to be the main man in every moment. Maybe if we go to the Premier League I will do it in the last game. I want to be a good leader for this team

Jansson on his connection with the fans "This is my second home. I love every moment and every minute of playing for Leeds United. I know I am a person people like to talk about, some people like me and some people hate me.

Praise from Jansson for Phillips: "I think he is now a much better player than last year and even the year before

Joe Urquhart @JoeUrquhartYEP 16m16 minutes ago
Asked Bielsa at the end whether Leeds can expect any departures before Friday, he laughed and said with a smile: “I don’t know. I worry!

Re: Boro h

Let's hope this herbert is having a ranty youtube interview after the game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjdymVPXsAA6BzU.jpg:large

2-2 draw this.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Like PJ's attitude. Bit of a mystery why he couldn't adopt it from the get go in a team sport but that's the past. If he's in and buying into it that's got to be good.
Seen Boro a few times this season. Decent but not seen them play as well as Swansea did against us so far.
Not one for predicting scorelines but I fancy is to bounce back and get the win here.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Thu 30 Aug 2018 6:43 pm)

Human kindness is overflowing

I never normally fancy us, although I did at Derby for some reason.

I think Leeds normally really struggle and make it hard work against the "smaller teams" at ER.  When it`s a "big game" at home, apart from the Geordies, I fancy us more than I do against the less fancied teams.

Home win.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hard fought home win. All the teams are ready for us now. Swansea and PNE managed to neutralise us to a certain extent, so it will be interesting to see how Boro approach this game.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

A draw would be a positive result. IMO.

0-0 would be good. A win would be fan bloody tastic.

Reckon team will be:

BPF

Ayling
Jansson
Beradi
Douglas

Hernandez
Phillips
Klich
Saiz
Alioski

Roofe

Bench
Cooper
Bamford
Shackleton
Et al

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 31 Aug 2018 5:46 am)

Tough one to call.

1-1

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

1 - 1. Would prefer 3 - 1, us.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

This one has got 5-2 written all over it..

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:

This one has got 5-2 written all over it..

This smile

Or 2-1 at a push

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

I expect that the boss has made his requirements known am going to go for a win. Yes, they will get over their abysmal capitulation and do the business. I think.

Got the negative waves for this one. Sorry.

https://www.quotemaster.org/images/d4/d41fb73640917ba51db7df8c879b7d89.jpg

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

I’m going, that we will be 2 goals better than em .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Douglas, Cooper (c), Berardi, Phillips, Klich, Alioski, Harrison, Saiz, Roofe

Enough with the negative waves! 2-1 win

Shit, no Pablo?! Injured?

Last edited by Mike Jones (Fri 31 Aug 2018 7:04 pm)

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Mike Jones wrote:

Enough with the negative waves! 2-1 win

Shit, no Pablo?! Injured?

Big blow that.

0-6

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Surprised he's dropped Jansson

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Mol wrote:

You always got the negative waves...

People are Twats

I’d of liked Jansson & Cooper. They are going to bombard high balls at us .

To stand aside is to take sides.

space wrote:
Mol wrote:

You always got the negative waves...

Not so. I just think we'll be roasted at the back tonight.

Linky here:

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

I was just going for a film quote....

People are Twats

I predict that Jonny Howson will have the game of his career and score 3 goals.

People are Twats

We didn't concede from a set piece.  Yay!

People are Twats

We're not doing that running round in a circle thing when we have a throw in.  Need more fucking movement at all times.  This isn't looking like we want it.

People are Twats