Re: Boro h

Looking better now.  66% possession.

People are Twats

Discipline is starting to go.

People are Twats

Only good goal chance was cleared off the line by the bassist for U2.  But on the basis of possession alone we should be ahead.

People are Twats

100mph stuff.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

If this is how we fair against the best of the rest then this season is looking good.

People are Twats

Giving too many needless free kicks away .

To stand aside is to take sides.

white dragon wrote:

Giving too many needless free kicks away .

So are they.

People are Twats

As Dan Maskell would have said. Hmm.
I would say we have Millwall next. Hmm.

Mol wrote:

I just think we'll be roasted at the back tonight.

Never materialised, they never tried but they cancelled us out really well. Pablo a big miss, Cooper did his level best to cost us the game as per.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Boro came to make sure they didn't lose tonight.  Pure long ball hoofball at its finest.  You can see why they have the best defence in the league at the moment.

I hate all the shenanigans in the box at set pieces. Could of easily conceded a penalty. Cooper , not for me, long term . Neither side did enough to win it. Peacock Farrel had a good game, last years keeper would of shit it tonight.
Tough game , they were well drilled and set up to stop us and hoped to nick a goal from a set play. They didn’t trouble us from open play . All in all not a bad result.

Hernandez sized hole in midfield.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

That's the worst I've seen us play this season...god knows how we got through the first half - I thought they could've had at least 2 and  battered us. We  made a scrap of it but  without Pablo, we looked very soft upfront. Strangely, he didnt brig Bamford on until injury time. I think most teams with a £10m striker would play him agaist his old club so he'd stir it up. Not MB.

It felt like we forgot everything from Bielsa and just booted it out. Cooper totally regressed to a wild-eyed hacker whose default is to grab  and foul whoever he's marking. How the fuck he got in ahead of Jansson is  beyond me...also how bielsa put Berardi in ahead of him...? boro played all the big lads and it just  invited them on. Unless jansson is carrying an injury it looked like a schoolby error.

I guess we should be grateful we got a point, but after the way we've played , if we'd have had 40% of the intensity we showed again stoke/derby/Norwich, we'd have beaten them. And if Bielsa 'nearly killed them' after Swansea's performance, he'll be getting the machine guns out. I'd be surprised if any of em get more than 6/10. Still top though!

I thought it was a really good game. They’ve conceded 2 goals in 5 games. They give nothing away then rely on set pieces and long throws.

At the back they were wobbly when we got the chance to play around them.

Cooper is the most improved player in the team along with Klich and Roofe.

Harrison had a great game tonight, very mature.

We’re top of the league boys!!!

Whoever finishes above them goes up. They will grind it out.

Fucking long throws big_smile

Also, great atmosphere. Smoggies brought some noise.

I love BPF.

placidcasual wrote:

Cooper is the most improved player in the team

https://data.whicdn.com/images/224703665/original.gif

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Two very different opinions of the game there !

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

For what it's worth:

Pablo was sorely missed

Cooper was trying to give away free kicks/pens/get sent off

Berardi wasn't far behind

Why wasn't Jansson played from the start?

Why wasn't Bamford brought on earlier?

Pulis really is the cloggers/long-ball team friend, isn't he?

Glad to have earned a point

Millwall will do us if we don't play better.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Revieswhites wrote:

Two very different opinions of the game there !

Interesting innit.

How can different people have such a different viewpoint of something that happened there for all to see. I'm sure there's some perplexing neurological explanation.

Personally, I've been happy with Cooper this season in fact really pleased with how he's played. In fact we look really unbalanced without him.

We played some ace football tonight. Was certainly easier to watch then them. Last season we'd have got bullied out of that game. And we'd have most definitely lost at Swansea, where we played crap.

This season, we're playing ace football and top of the league. I'd take a point against Millwall now. Plenty of points to play for. Important to draw games we'd have lost and win games we'd have drawn.

Enjoy the now.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:40 pm)

We're not gonna steamroller every team we play.
Did enough to nick it but they looked dangerous from set plays....typical fucking Pulis that.

You need your best players available in games like that and Hernandez creativity was sorely missed.
Half a dozen games in, so far so good.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

placidcasual wrote:

I
Cooper is the most improved player in the team along with Klich and Roofe.

Kalvin ' shit fucking haircut' Phillips ?

The hate Cooper brigade are out, we love to shoot our own down don't we?

And all the tin-pot armchair Hockaday's are on twitter telling Marcello how to pick HIS team, knob-heads!

Berardi played alright for me, again, like he did last 4 matches, if you want to look at those improved, he's up there.

Harrison played well, but if we could have only cloned him with Ideguchi's shots and final ball we'd have a mini Pablo.

Manager is working magic with these players and we still want to get on their backs after a draw, scandalous really..

Last edited by king of the slums (Sat 01 Sep 2018 2:10 am)

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:

The hate Cooper brigade are out, we love to shoot our own down don't we?

And all the tin-pot armchair Hockaday's are on twitter telling Marcello how to pick HIS team, knob-heads!

Berardi played alright for me, again, like he did last 4 matches, if you want to look at those improved, he's up there.

Harrison played well, but if we could have only cloned him with Ideguchi's shots and final ball we'd have a mini Pablo.

Manager is working magic with these players and we still want to get on their backs after a draw, scandalous really..

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Great point.  I spent most of the game imagining how I'd punch Ayala's face in.  BPF did really well and Berardi is such a brave player.  The ref was a cunt.  I would have used Bamford earlier but then again I might have lost us the game late on.  I do think Jansson is better than Cooper tbh, hope he earns his shirt with MB.  .

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Cooper has improved and has performed well in most games, but that booking he picked up was typical . Jansson should of started , his ball wining at set pieces is his best quality. Another 4 yellows . BPF was first class last night , not frightened to come and take crosses and to get across and block a certain goal towards the end was good goal keeping. We don’t have a man on the back stick at corners which concerns me .
Agree not a bad result and yes another game we’d of lost last season.
MB has improved every player and gets 100% out of them , which is all we ever wanted.