Topic: Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt

New and final album, it's a belter.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt

Damage - great track.

How come it's the final one..?

Damaged even....

Calling it a day after this apparently - I've read in interviews. He was really ill a while back, maybe something to do with it.

I like how there's no great progression in his music, he just does what he does, and yet it still turns out great.
Not bought many albums this year but this is my favourite so far.

Human kindness is overflowing

Its a ace, a real grower. Im just glad I got to see him/them. Brudenell gig lights were bloody brilliant

placidcasual wrote:

Damaged even....

Listening to it now. I like.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Cheers Harvest.

Need to get this today.

Travis Bickle wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Damaged even....

Listening to it now. I like.

That track reminds me of an epic sweeping film track, shades of Mogwai.

Will be spotifying tonight, but Suedes new one is out tomorrow

Music is fucking ace

I am just a common breed

Just listening to this now.

It's very good isn't it? They were always one of those bands in me peripheries, slipping past apart from the odd tune or telly appearance.

I full reappraisal is in order, I think.

I was hooked from the first minute of the opening track. Like some kind of warped Cole Porter or Bacharach song, with the timing and phrasing. Magnificent! The whole album is.

Seventh song, Morning After, bit out of place with the rest of the album. I skip that one. It's not bad, just doesn't fit that well for me.

Rudi, I got into them late, way after Ladies and Gentlemen. Knew the name, same goes for Spacemen 3 but I never paid them any mind. I like it in a way. Great digging through the whole back catolouge (sure one of the spelling Nazis will fix that for me) rather than having one song you like and waiting for an album to come out.

Human kindness is overflowing

Cutsyke wrote:

Seventh song, Morning After, bit out of place with the rest of the album. I skip that one. It's not bad, just doesn't fit that well for me.

Rudi, I got into them late, way after Ladies and Gentlemen. Knew the name, same goes for Spacemen 3 but I never paid them any mind. I like it in a way. Great digging through the whole back catolouge (sure one of the spelling Nazis will fix that for me) rather than having one song you like and waiting for an album to come out.

Did the same thing with Mogwai. Saw the name, thought it was mint but never really listened. Late to the party but had so much to go and listen to.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Cutsyke wrote:

Doesn't really matter when you get into a band so long as you get into the music

I remember getting 'ladies and gentlemen' with the pill box and foil blister pack that contained the CD - additoonal dosage advice contained within too.  Great bit of marketing and took me back to the old vinyl albums were you'd read the cover(s) and associated words/verbage

Proper band that you appreciate more as you listen to them

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Had it on the mp3 all week. Even in the gym this morning sweating buckets on the cross trainer (when I'd normally have LCD soundsystem or summat on).

I think its the best thing he's done since Ladies and Gentlemen by quite some way.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Had it on the mp3 all week. Even in the gym this morning sweating buckets on the cross trainer (when I'd normally have LCD soundsystem or summat on).

I think its the best thing he's done since Ladies and Gentlemen by quite some way.

Made me sweat buckets too walking for two and half bleeding hours. Spiritualized, keeping OMJ healthy since 1991.

Harvest wrote:

Made me sweat buckets too walking for two and half bleeding hours. Spiritualized, keeping OMJ healthy since 1991.

Was the length of the walk intentional or did you get lost down some psychedelic detours?

Oh I've just checked the gigs page. Ha ha, still that must have been ace, particularly seeing them there. You lucky devil. When I saw them a few years ago do the Ladies and Gentlemen album at Manc Apollo I've never had so many goosebump moments at a gig. At one point I felt like my hair was stood on end like I'd been fully charged with static.

Superb album. Not a bum track on that album and track 7 is ace. Love the Dear Prudence sample on whichever track it is.

10/10

First time I've listened to the album since the gig, just glorious.