Topic: Wed A

Just note to remind our expats this is a Friday night special

Press conference

Bielsa's press conference starting. On whether Birmingham was a good learning curve: "It's not a responsibility of the players. A decision I took was a wrong decision. The reality of the game indicates that I didn't take the right one.

"We had two options - building the line of three with Ayling or Phillips. I decided to do it with Phillips, making him moving forward and backwards, and with this I thought I could keep all the good things that happened against Preston. I wanted to keep these positive features.

"This was a mistake I made. I thought it would work and it didn't happen. That's why the players are not responsible. I will try not to make any more mistakes."

Bielsa on whether he learned more from defeat than from a victory: "We had a problem. We conceded two goals and we couldn't change the situation. What we did was not enough. In spite of this, I don't think we deserved to lose. I even think we deserved to win."

We didn't play well but it was difficult to play well. These are my conclusions.

Bielsa on the derby against Wednesday: "Whenever you lose, you always want to win (you're next game). If it's a derby, the will power to win increases."

Bielsa on preventing poor results from setting in, as they did this time last season: "It's very difficult to make comparisons because I was not here last year. I know what happened, I know what you're trying to underline, but I don't think it's a good idea to compare."

Bielsa on Forshaw, and whether he's ready for a more prominent role: "Adam is a player who's ready to play. Before getting injured he was the best player in the team but that was because he had six pre-season games to get fit. He has not played for a month-and-half."

Injury latest: Bamford and Brown won't be ready "for a long time". Roofe is close - "not immediately but close". Berardi and Hernandez also close, but not as close as Roofe. Shauughnessy will be a bit longer. So none available for Friday's game.

Bielsa straight up on his team for Hillsborough: "I won't change any player

Bielsa: "After the game we lost, we asked some questions together. We built our conclusions. We've had two training sessions where each player can express himself and the conclusions are positive ones. I have a lot of hope for the game on Friday." #lufc

Bielsa on how Wednesday will approach Friday's game: "I couldn't tell. What I can say it they're a team who have many possibilities from a tactical point of view." #lufc

Bielsa talked at length about combating the tactics Birmingham used (deep and men behind the ball). Without criticising them, he said he tries to play in the "sprirt of the game" and is always looking for the "beauty" of it.

Bielsa on replacing Phillips early for the second time: "I would not want to hurt a player as noble as Phillips. We could say 'poor Phillips'. But people who know football say Bielsa made a mistake." #lufc

Bielsa said it was clear that Peacock-Farrell made a mistake for the first goal on Saturday. Said he'd played better in previous games than he did against Birmingham. #lufc

Bielsa on derbies in England: "What I saw in Argentina, the emotions I got there, I can't have the same emotions

More from Bielsa on Forshaw, and Klich: "Forshaw can play as Klich and Klich can play as Forshaw. Klich is a complete player. He can play at each level of the pitch. He defends, he attacks, he can play on the sides. Forshaw is the same kind of player. Very dynamic and flexible."

They are not players who can make the difference themselves. They make the difference by associating with their team-mates. They cannot do what Saiz does. The only player who can is Saiz himself.

he's said previously that he has no exact replacement for Phillips.

Bielsa on whether he tries to protect his players from blame: "I don't deserve this question. When the coach says he is responsible but doesn't give arguments, what he is really doing is blaming the players. I reject this practice. I explained why I was responsib

Bielsa: "I never say something if I cannot put arguments behind it. Otherwise people will suspect me. When I say something, I feel that I'm saying what I think. I don't say what is a good thing to say."

Bielsa: "You cannot be a leader if you don't assume publicly responsibility, or if you say the others are responsible.

Alioski

Alioski on how the players will react to their defeat: "It's my second year now. We see a difference in the way we play. The confidence is here and all the players believe.

Alioski on Bielsa blaming himself for the Birmingham loss, "Nobody thought the coach would say this. It's good for the players but we know also that we weren't so good. He trusts us and he thinks it's his fault. Maybe it's not like this."

Alioski on Bielsa: "Each player is happy he's here. We can learn many things. I am fitter and not only me. I lost kilos and fat, which I didn't have so much of. At first you think it's not so important but then you see how far we run, how fit we are

Alioski: "There are some better decisions that I can do. It's not the first time that I play left. It's not my side but it's not a big difference. I like it but it doesn't change anything for me

Alioski on his form: "I'm happy. I always give 100 per cent. I help my team and I work hard. I can always be better, I learn every day something new. It's only the beginning and now we start harder games and we must show character." #

Alioski: "It's better not to lose when you have Marcelo as a coach. He hates this. But he believes in us.

Alioski says he doesn't think Leeds will go on losing streaks under Bielsa, like they did last season. "I'm 100 per cent sure. We have a mentality where we think we are really strong

Re: Wed A

Its away blud!

placidcasual wrote:

Its away blud!

In which case, it has 2 - 5 written all over it.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Its away blud!

In which case, it has 2 - 5 written all over it.

Ha ha, nice one big_smile

placidcasual wrote:

Its away blud!

Ta

Im off on the booze bus departing Horsforth Esso! As Im going to be in the pub all afternoon dont be expecting any report as professional as the Fax ones.

placidcasual wrote:

Im off on the booze bus departing Horsforth Esso! As Im going to be in the pub all afternoon dont be expecting any report as professional as the Fax ones.

In between rounds, maybe you can update us on the pub, ales offered, lunch menu (fresh or frozen heated), toilets (is there a toilet seat, loo roll etc). You know, the usual stuff.

This most definitely has 5-2 written all over it.

Last edited by Mitaman (Fri 28 Sep 2018 12:51 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mums side of the family are from Sheff Town. My uncle's a Wendy and on twitter. Not sure how that happened as my Granddad was a Blade through and through.

I'll get some friendly ribbing if we screw this up, but I'll tell you all what I told him, this one has got 2-5 written all over it..

#DoTheDai \o/

Hope we can bounce back and beat these.
They'll be up for if after winning at Villa last week and it should be a powder keg atmosphere.
Apparently our 4600 allocation was sold out in 20 minutes!

I'm no fan either, worked in that there Sheffield for 2 years and yes they hate the Blunts but we're not far behind.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

1-2 in the football

1-2 to the keepers mush from one of our mongs

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

A rare pic of Alioski’s birth

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dnt8heZWwAYEnLr.jpg:large

Stolen from twitter

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

1-2 in the football

1-2 to the keepers mush from one of our mongs

Yep.
Hopefully incident free but apparently some of our lot already on the piss in the centre.

He’s the most caught offside player in the championship 14 times in 9 games.

placidcasual wrote:

A rare pic of Alioski’s birth

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dnt8heZWwAYEnLr.jpg:large

Stolen from twitter

To stand aside is to take sides.

Where the Owls were when Leeds dumped on Norwich, I was looking forward to this but I'm not so sure now. Take a draw if I'm honest but of course wish for better.

I’d take a draw after last seasons capitulation.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Douglas, Cooper (c), Jansson, Phillips, Klich, Alioski, Harrison, Saiz, Roberts

I'll take this!

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Any working links?

¡No pasaran!

http://cricfree.org/soccer/sheffield-we … 2409598792

¡No pasaran!

The way we're playing it will be a shame if we don't get something out of this.

People are Twats

Some strike that to be fair.
One shot one goal!

Not sure how we're losing this.

90Piesanhour wrote:

I'll take this!

Present as a 12 yr old.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Playing well,  they will be very lucky to win this

I'm saying 1-2 still

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Clich, Clich, Bang.

People are Twats

pick that one out