Re: Universal Credit A.K.A. Lets starve the poor

Smutty Lips wrote:

Space I know you aren't Tory but if anti Tories don't vote to the best local option of defeating them (UKIP excepted) then nothing changes.

Yeah.  The next Labour government is going to be soooo different.

People are Twats

space wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

Space I know you aren't Tory but if anti Tories don't vote to the best local option of defeating them (UKIP excepted) then nothing changes.

Seeing as its not going to be what Blair was I don't see how you can suggest it won't be different.  They say they will do things differently so you must know for certain they are lying as logic dictates they deserve their go.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Thu 18 Oct 2018 6:28 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

space wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

Wow!

You seem to want perfection, me i'd settle for anyone who's not Tory. It's a start.

Smutty Lips wrote:
space wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

Wow!

You seem to want perfection, me i'd settle for anyone who's not Tory. It's a start.

Same here plus I think Corbyn is several streets beyond that.  I'd also like to see more union men come into politics.  Corbyn needs someone alongside him who looks like he'd put ReesMogg's head through the Labour club toilet wall. 

I'd have loved to have seen Bob Crowe in the house of commons.

Smutty Lips wrote:
space wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

Wow!

Labour's election message since 1983.

People are Twats

"Universal Credit A.K.A. Let's starve the poor"

That would make a fantastic manifesto slogan for the Labour Party in the next General Election.

Big pat on the back for whoever came up with that one comrade.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

space wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:
space wrote:

Wow!

Labour's election message since 1983.

Really?

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Fri 19 Oct 2018 7:39 am)

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

That would make a fantastic manifesto slogan for the Labour Party in the next General Election.

Space.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Space.

Thatcher.

People are Twats

That's one of the most upsetting and hard to read things I've ever read on here regarding mol.. awful shit that and my heart goes out to you.. I wish there was something I could do or someone could step in..

And for the record Thatcher was a cunt , Blair was a cunt, Cameron was a cunt, Theresa May is a cunt and Corbyn is a Cunt.. fuck the Tories and fuck Labour.. despise them both equally now

Must admit, it knocked me for six too.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

I was in tears over this (Mol). Reading the other stuff has left me despairing and massively angry.
As Scootay said, they're all cunts.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

I'm overwhelmed with all you have all done and said, thank you. I don't have the words really but thank you. I'm meeting Placid and Travis next week to try to find a way out of this, or a start anyroad. Thank you.

I think I have emailed or messaged everyone who contacted me. I'll catch up if not.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Good luck Mol !! Quite upsetting reading all that. Hope you can turn things around !!

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Space.

Thatcher.

What?  Thatcher came up with your thread title?  Crystal ball witch?

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Fri 19 Oct 2018 9:27 pm)

Mol wrote:

I'm overwhelmed with all you have all done and said, thank you. I don't have the words really but thank you. I'm meeting Placid and Travis next week to try to find a way out of this, or a start anyroad. Thank you.

I think I have emailed or messaged everyone who contacted me. I'll catch up if not.

Best wishes Mol . Hope the lads can help .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Fucking hell Mol ...

Trav and Placid, please report back and see if we can all help ...

Bloody hell Mol, just bloody hell.

My heart goes out to you.

What Rudi said.

The omj massive have helped with a few £ which is great for the lad.

He needs to get a plan together n steps to get social housing and govt aid thats not going to see him desperate for heat, light, water and food etc...

Next step after that a job big_smile

A lot of energy coming from us all so Im sure we can help him.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

My daughter is currently enduring a similar situation Space.
She made the mistake of wanting somewhere smaller and therefore more affordable,which ultimately would cost the state LESS in housing benefits etc.
Bear in mind she has 2 kids aged 5 and 1.

Her "prize" for this was for them to scrap her current claim and start afresh.
In the meantime she's gone 2 months without help,not a carrot and I've had to bail her out and paid the deposit and first months rent on the new place so she can at least move out and get her deposit/bond back on the old gaffe.

I'm a guarantor for the rent so got a feeling I'll be laying out a lot more before it's all sorted,if at all.

Bear in mind I'm currently out of work myself so have had to call in on one of my pensions and am currently making a big hole in my savings which were supposed to be left well alone until later in life.

Obviously pales into significance compared to what Mol is going through...genuinely hope you get sorted fella...and you're dead right,this place is truly fucked.

Sister in law and her chap have just moved to the Algarve on a long term rent,cheap as chips.

They have the view that it's better to be skint with the sun on your back than struggling here in this hovel.

Can't really disagree with that.

It turns out it's worse than I said.  They didn't say it would take until the end of November until she would first get paid, they said they wouldn't start her claim until the end of November.

At the beginning of September she got paid for her last months wages.  They also paid her for a weeks holiday owed and a few weeks redundancy.  They told her that she should be able to last on that until the end of November (despite it barely covering her rent until then).

So she'll be lucky to see her first payment this side of Christmas.

People are Twats

There was a time you were allowed to have less than 3200 in the bank (ie some redundancy) and still get benefits.

What's happened to the CAB, it used to be an effective aid for people having trouble dealing with bureaucracy, I'm guessing it's either been swamped or the structural changes have limited it's impact. I know very little about the changes so i'm guessing here.

That doesn't sound right Space, the decision on when the money should last her too seems to have been plucked out of the air, surely if she can demonstrate that the money doesn't meet even very basic needs the claim should start from the point the money runs out - even by their measures.

What i'm getting at is there a culture of misinformation encouraged by management, to reduce claims, delay claims etc.

Last edited by Smutty Lips (Sun 21 Oct 2018 8:13 am)

Smutty Lips wrote:

There was a time you were allowed to have less than 3200 in the bank (ie some redundancy) and still get benefits.

What's happened to the CAB, it used to be an effective aid for people having trouble dealing with bureaucracy, I'm guessing it's either been swamped or the structural changes have limited it's impact. I know very little about the changes so i'm guessing here.

That doesn't sound right Space, the decision on when the money should last her too seems to have been plucked out of the air, surely if she can demonstrate that the money doesn't meet even very basic needs the claim should start from the point the money runs out - even by their measures.

What i'm getting at is there a culture of misinformation encouraged by management, to reduce claims, delay claims etc.

It's all been pointed out to them.  As Mol has pointed out, they're hardened to it now days.  "They" know you're going to starve and "they" don't give a fuck.

The majority of the process is hidden away online so there is no human to look in the eye.

People are Twats

I guess I used to despair at the need for foodbanks but reading all this it kind of fits into place.  Fucking Tories always prefer such things to be given by charitable behest not by right.  It's a control thing.  The older I get the more I see things as they are.

If anyone is going to respond to this with "well Labour wouldn't this or would that", don't bother.  I'm not interested, I am completely convinced by what I have learned over the years and cannot be swayed.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sun 21 Oct 2018 12:54 pm)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I guess I used to despair at the need for foodbanks bit reading g all this it kind of fits into place.  Fucking Tories always prefer such things to be given by charitable behest not by right.  It's a contract thing.  The older I get the more I see things as they are.

If anyone is going to respond to this with "well Labour wouldn't this or would that", don't bother.  I'm not interested, I am completely convinced by what I have learned over the years and cannot be swayed.

I think that sums up the current state of political debate quite nicely.

People are Twats

Whatever the faults of the current Labour leadership, one thing I think we can be fairly confident of is that, if they win the next general election, this vile system will be changed. And taxes will go up to pay for it. The way the economy works will be addressed.
Whether in the long-term that leads to other problems (loss of investment, aggressive tax avoidance etc) is open to debate. And I suspect 'big and not so big' business won't welcome that change, but there will be one.
But the notion that the vulnerable will remain ignored is just plain wrong....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...