Topic: Bolton (a)

I would be hoping for a win here. They lost 0-3 at home to Sheff Utd and Forest, but they nearly got a result at Norwich last week. Think 1-2 to Leeds, all things considered.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Re: Bolton (a)

With a penalty.

Loose Lips wrote:

With a penalty.

I'll not be happy with anything less than two penalties.

People are Twats

2-5?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

90Piesanhour wrote:

2-5?

Nailed on.

People are Twats

Bamford to start
Scored a hat trick today for the U23s against Burnley

ambition beyond ability

I'm taking my lad to this. It's his first ever Leeds game. We're going incognito in the Bolton seats. He's quite excited and incapable of keeping his gob shut so I suspect our cover will be blown before a ball is kicked. They are dogshit aren't they? I know lifelong fans who can't bear to watch them at the moment and they're quite well acquainted with watching terrible football. Struggling to pay wages from what I've heard too. I reckon we'll bang four past them.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

I'm taking my lad to this. It's his first ever Leeds game. We're going incognito in the Bolton seats. He's quite excited and incapable of keeping his gob shut so I suspect our cover will be blown before a ball is kicked. They are dogshit aren't they? I know lifelong fans who can't bear to watch them at the moment and they're quite well acquainted with watching terrible football. Struggling to pay wages from what I've heard too. I reckon we'll bang four past them.

Surely the kiss of death to any match is when someone says this.  We're in for a 5-1 tonking.  It always happens when it's someones first match.  That and it pisses down.

So....  Tonking.  Pissing down.  General day of misery.

People are Twats

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

They are dogshit aren't they?

Careful! They almost nicked a point off us at Carrow Road last week.

space wrote:

Are you familiar with everyday life in Bolton Dave? It gets cold as an eskimo's tit down in that valley they play in too. The icy wind blows down from the moors and kills dead any nascent glimmer of enthusiasm or joie de vivre before it even emerges. So add cold to that list too.

pipoldchap wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

They are dogshit aren't they?

Careful! They almost nicked a point off us at Carrow Road last week.

This. Never assume ANYTHING.....

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Is this stuff copywrite ? Some of the exchanges have me laughing out loud. Could be it's being nicked by wannabee comedians.

The back and forth from Space and Fuzzy Dunlop had me roaring.

Can't match that banter so I'll just say Leeds to win this one pretty handsomely, 2 clear goals.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

First ever Leeds game, shouts when we score, watches his father get battered before being frog-marched around pitch to the away end. Are you sure you have thought this one through Fuzzy hmm

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
space wrote:

Are you familiar with everyday life in Bolton Dave? It gets cold as an eskimo's tit down in that valley they play in too. The icy wind blows down from the moors and kills dead any nascent glimmer of enthusiasm or joie de vivre before it even emerges. So add cold to that list too.

I've been to Bolton before.  It was like someone had got Bradford and squeezed all the joy out of it.

People are Twats

Ah, ah, ah, ah, I'm staying 2-5, I'm staying 2-5..

#DoTheDai \o/

space wrote:

It was like someone had got Bradford and squeezed all the joy out of it.

I think I've had the by product of that in a cocktail before. It was 2 for 1 in "happy hour". I don't recall much after that.

I shall be compiling a photo essay of my away day tomorrow. It will involve:

Coaches
Pork pies
Pints
Bad hair cuts
Beer guts
Stinking piss sodden toilets
et al

Don’t forget the smells Placid. Football grounds in the run-up to Christmas have a stronger than usual pungeancy! ‘Lingering pre-Christmas fart in a football stand’ its the name of an album I think..

Mitaman wrote:

Don’t forget the smells Placid. Football grounds in the run-up to Christmas have a stronger than usual pungeancy! ‘Lingering pre-Christmas fart in a football stand’ its the name of an album I think..

Good god yes! That coach on the way back is like some kind of human chemical torture chamber. Athough I seem to remember the Griffin branch bus Blackburn boxing day 84 was a kin to a sprout powered Belsen shower block.

I'm going for an ugly 1-2.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

space wrote:

I've been to Bolton before.  It was like someone had got Bradford and squeezed all the joy out of it.

big_smile

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Good start from Leeds, couple of slick moves, then very disjointed. Baker not showing a lot, looks poor, and Forshaw having a real average day. Need to improve. Bolton are shit, should take 3 points from these chumps.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Typical.pre-Christmas fare. Awful and could go either way.

Let's see that Moscow white chap wax lyrical about this mess.

Hope Squire Dunlop is holding up ok.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Sat 15 Dec 2018 4:54 pm)

Human kindness is overflowing

They're dogshit, apparently. Tell me about dogshit......... hmm

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

He's back!!!

Human kindness is overflowing