Re: Bolton (a)

Get in!!!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

And there's young Dunlop cursed for life.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Sat 15 Dec 2018 8:04 pm)

Human kindness is overflowing

Some win that. Post Christmas collapse still on?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

That Hernandez pass and Bamford goal.

Jack Clarke and Jamie Shackleton, absolutely effortless, like they've been playing for Leeds all their lives.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Norwich drawing at Bristol

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Cutsyke wrote:

And there's going Dunlop cursed for life.

Yep. He went crackers when Bamford scored and we got asked if we wanted to go in with the Leeds fans so he had a good sing song towards the end. He's got the curse. According to my neighbour that is one of Bolton's best home performances this season. When he knew id taken the lad he said "Good God what's he done wrong?" At least the weather had picked up a bit for it.

Welcome to the club lad.

Human kindness is overflowing

11 points clear of 7th.
Jeez!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

26 points clear of 22nd more importantly..

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Cutsyke wrote:

And there's going Dunlop cursed for life.

Yep. He went crackers when Bamford scored and we got asked if we wanted to go in with the Leeds fans so he had a good sing song towards the end. He's got the curse. According to my neighbour that is one of Bolton's best home performances this season. When he knew id taken the lad he said "Good God what's he done wrong?" At least the weather had picked up a bit for it.

The first steps of a life of frustration and disappointment. Brilliant.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Raposa wrote:

11 points clear of 7th.
Jeez!

Last game of the season If we're ten points clear of third I still wouldn't trust us not to fuck it up until the ref blows for time.

Harvest wrote:
Raposa wrote:

11 points clear of 7th.
Jeez!

Last game of the season If we're ten points clear of third I still wouldn't trust us not to fuck it up until the ref blows for time.

Exactly, FA give us a 15-point penalty 1 minute after the final whistle..

On a more positive note, I keep watching that nutmeg by Hernandez to Bamford, bloody great.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:

26 points clear of 22nd more importantly..

You can take the man out of Leeds, but you can never take the Leeds out of the man.

People are Twats

My drunken claim of a photo essay was somewhat curtailed by the fact that it was absolutely freezing and I didn't want to take me gloves off to take any pics.

Was going to drive but looking at the weather conditions I thought it would be safer on the fun bus with Maverick Whites. They set off 5 minutes from my house so be mad not to. They're a good set of lads, easy going, no chanting in pubs, no flags no divvies.

Pre pub stop was Atherton, a bit of a grim looking Lancashire ex Mining Pit village. Wasn't particularly rough just a bit lacking in some tlc and investment.

My lad said, "it looks like Detroit Dad". He's been watching 8 mile and Eminem stuff on youtube. Not sure they have an Asda in Detroit or indeed Ramraiding...

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48363691_10157416373727323_6299716042448961536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7cb03aeb89759c3c28d0a523e10e6d53&oe=5C8F6912

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48361587_10157416373737323_5545406084602134528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=6fc74e00ef31b4e5c56b6dcb958f0e77&oe=5C8F9EAF

Not a lot of pre xmas hustle and bustle going on. Usual scene on this type of high street, loads of barbers, vape shops, pound shops etc. There's a £1 pub other end of Market Street apparently.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48273117_10157416373702323_7287549548342280192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=ab7b31163ee7e082bc54e1a27960cd05&oe=5CAA39D0

Best thing about these East Lancs towns are the Pie Shops. Guaranteed to find a belter. And I did. Left the pub and sought out Athertons finest. Greenhalghs, Spent £8 on pies. Scotch Beef, Minced Beef and the king of pies a Beef Wellington which was unbelievable after 4 hours in the pub. They also did a Cheese & Jalepeno which sadly I didn't get.

Scotch Beef this number. What it lacks in presentation it makes up for in taste and smell.
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48362908_10157416373817323_536650086256476160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=99486c732a654f9fd21fb60c92cd6ac2&oe=5CA29388

Got to the ground and it was still fucking freezing but with the added bonus of horizontal rain. Those on the lower tier had to queue for ages to get in in the driving rain, upper tier was a bit easier.

Great view from up there. Away end was packed, feel a bit sorry for Bolton. There a club in a downward spiral, the home ends here didnt fill up much more than in this picture. Their fans barely made any noise apart from some Jimmy Savile stuff. But mainly "how shit must you be, we're drawing 0-0" was the only chant I heard.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48366231_10157416373832323_3481370408463106048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e68b016064cd5cd3532d1b44418f6bd3&oe=5CA93247

The line up saw Baker starting again in the Saiz role behind Roofe. Hernandez and Alioski on either flank. Klich and Forshaw in the middle with a defence of Shackleton, Jansson, Phillips and Douglas.

The first half was as damp and miserable as the weather, with not much to shout about. Our passing was as usually very pedestrian and lateral. The ball seemed to falter when it got past Kilch or Forshaw. There was no spark or invention. Baker just isn't that player at the moment. I've no doubt he's a decent midfielder but I'm not sure he's that mercurial talent to try the sublime and the ridiculous in terms of the creative pick to unlock a defence.

The main positive for me in the 1st half was Shackleton. He looks like he's been playing that role for years. Getting his foot in, trying to get forward as much as possible. He's growing with confidence every game. could be a real gem that one.

Phillips and Jansson were very dependable at the back. Jansson's passing was a bit dodgy but very reliable in one on ones.

Baker just didn't seem to find that space between attack and midfield. He always seemed to be marked or up along side Roofe. Something had to change, the obvious Bielsa move would be Clarke on for Baker. Move Hernandez to no 10 and Clarke on the wing. My lad called it "need to get Baker and Roofe off for Clarke and Bamford.

Bielsa dutifully obeyed Cameron's wishes and they were our 2nd half changes. Clarke at the break and Bamford not long after.

Clarke's direct running was a breath of fresh air. Combining that with Bolton's growing confidence and willingness to commit forward there was always going to be a bit more space for him to run into.

With the intro of Bamford we just seemed to have a something different up front. He's movement and touches seemed to be slightly more finessed and ahead of the defence. Roofe is great and does the graft to soften up the defence with his movement and rough and tumble on the back 4 but Bamford offered something different when it was needed.

Bolton making a surging attack down our left lose possession, Clarke takes the ball and runs directly into their half turnign them round gets over the half way cuts inside and lays a simple but effective ball to Kilch, he moves to the locksmith and with a deft touch and vision Hernandez unpicks with a nutmeg to Bamford who in tune with Hernandez sweeps the ball home with his right foot. Boom 1-0. Queue the raptures in the away end, arms and legs everywhere. Cameron is hugged an grappled by the pissed and coked up wannabehoolies behind us. I'm hanging onto the other one making sure he doesn't topple 4 rows forward. The relief and release from that goal was massive.

A few smoke bombs go off the air thick with cordite. Most of the doylems round us spent most the 2nd half just shouting abuse at the Bolton fans. Considering how far away they were seemed as pointless as it was ridiculous. I don't like this kind of dickheadness but I don't mind exposing my kids to this as they understand how not to behave. 

Despite some late pressure form Bolton it never really felt like they were going to score. Although apparently they should have a had a pen. Couldn't see as it happened at the other end.

Those wins will be so important come the end. The momentum is every thing. Keep winning despite the obvious disappointment of losing a great player and loads of injuries.

Our bunch of happy drunks make their way across the Pennines through absolutely hideous conditions. Our driver john (are they all called John?) was a trooper, getting us home in good time. 90% of the bus decamped in town and straight into the Tapps. Me and the young, young team headed home for a curry. Happy days....

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48421620_10157416373857323_988518686321016832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b8ddca88a645bc6f9207a2badd0dac8a&oe=5CB07B3C

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 16 Dec 2018 9:50 am)

Nice one Placid, top stuff.

Great write up Placid. Those pies sound ace. Might have to have a drive up. About ten mins away from me that.

Love a story with a happy ending. Good stuff Placid.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

I expect you’ve explained ,that 99% of days following Leeds, don’t go so well .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Wonder why Atherton? I had to check Google Maps as my sense said that John had gone too far? I'm not nit-picking, but surely Farnworth may have offered better drinking conditions? So many navigational questions.

Great write-up, thanks Placid.

Great write up Placid, I'll have to try those pies when I'm next in Warrington.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Enjoyed that. F***ing love Scotch pies. Now sat in work and starving for one.....

Pies are like a religion in East Lancs.  Lived in Preston for a while, the butter pie is some kind of God sent miracle food for the hungover.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

David Lishman (award-winning butcher from Ilkley) emailed me to say he was coming to Japan (last month) and would I like to go for a beer. I said yes, on condition he brought some pies over for me. All set-up then he emailed to say he wasn't coming to Tokyo, only Osaka and Fukuoka so would not be able to meet after all. Bloody gutted.... All this talk of pies is making me homesick.

Last edited by Mitaman (Thu 20 Dec 2018 2:09 am)

Mitaman wrote:

David Lishman (award-winning butcher from Ilkley) emailed me to say he was coming to Japan (last month) and would I like to go for a beer. I said yes, on condition he brought some pies over for me. All set-up then he emailed to say he wasn't coming to Tokyo, only Osaka and Fukuoka so would not be able to meet after all. Bloody gutted.... All this talk of pies is making me homesick.

Theres been some name dropping on here but thats the one thats impressed me most. Good arrers!

I’ll be in his shop on Sat am getting pigs in blankets, stuffing meat and a few pies.

There's an Aussie pie shop here.
Puts a fry up in a pie... Steak n mushroom, turkey dinner etc ... had one one night with a lump of mash sat on top and "mushy peas" on top of that. Shite. Bonus that sushi on this coast is ace.

I always get homesick this time of year, would love to go into the Greyhound in Tong village

Top write up PC, thank you.

Last edited by Franz Klammer SC (Thu 20 Dec 2018 5:28 am)