Topic: 2019

Its gonna be busy for me I'm putting planning in for 4 x two bedroomed flats , if it happens and the council allows my application to go thru I'm gonna be skint for two years but the end results will probably mean that i won't need to work as hard , i got all the figures and costings thru last thursday  , the architects drawing up plans in the new year , I'm told four flats will be declined but i may succeed with three my costings are based on this and waiting in the wings are the workmen sorry Tradesmen eager to make my project work , its gonna be a big step handing in that application life changing possibly

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Re: 2019

This isn't aimed at you HJ i'd do the same myself if I was in a position too, but it's the private landlords who are screwing the country and no party is serious about tackling the problem.

Smutty Lips wrote:

This isn't aimed at you HJ i'd do the same myself if I was in a position too, but it's the private landlords who are screwing the country and no party is serious about tackling the problem.

Nowt wrong with private landlords per se, it's the fact that the supply of houses is vastly outstripped by population growth and has been since the 90s.  It's basic economics.

Other countries have a much higher proportion of rented households than us and the system works fine.  They build as many houses as they need and hence demand is catered for, prices are lower and rents are affordable.

People are Twats

Are they screwing the country or is the system set up in such a way that there’s nowhere else to turn? Do councils still build public housing?
I genuinely don’t know how things are in the U.K.
I do know that been a landlord can be a total nightmare if you get bad tenants and that a mortgage still has to be paid on a vacant property.
I’d invest in REITs before buying or building an actual building. I’d invest in stocks and bonds before I’d own property to rent also. Still involves risk but never needs a new roof, boiler or painting etc...

Good luck H. If you need any advice Bulky would be a good man to talk to.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Mon 24 Dec 2018 2:30 pm)

Human kindness is overflowing

Slum landlord big_smile

Merry Xmas H

Aye Merry Christmas to all OMJ brethren, worldwide.

Yes, Merry Christmas to all. I hope Santa empties his sack down all our chimneys..

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Merry xmas to you all , and thanks for the advice cutsyke

Franz Klammer SC wrote:

Slum landlord big_smile

Merry Xmas H

big_smile big_smile

2019 is gonna be the year of Sorry I can't work overtime. Family is coming first.

Recession coming, no?

#DoTheDai \o/

If it all goes tits up Im converting to a trade.

Franz Klammer SC wrote:

If it all goes tits up Im converting to a trade.

It’s graft it’s not hanging up dresses on rails

2018 was a fucking shocking year.  Me and the Mrs had 12 months of heartache and bullshit.  2019 better be an uptrend.

It's all the even numbered years that are bollocks.
2012 - brain aneurysm.
2014 - Dad finally succumbed to cancer
2016 - Bowie and the cull of music talent in general.
2018 - all the crap with both sons and my daughter.

People are Twats

We are desperate for a positive result in January. Not sure how we will cope if it’s anything other than good news.

space wrote:

2018 was a fucking shocking year.  Me and the Mrs had 12 months of heartache and bullshit.  2019 better be an uptrend.

It's all the even numbered years that are bollocks.
2012 - brain aneurysm.
2014 - Dad finally succumbed to cancer
2016 - Bowie and the cull of music talent in general.
2018 - all the crap with both sons and my daughter.

Same here! & it went on forever. Bad news after bad news.

It seemed to be that only good concerts at the time took my mind of it.

Roll on 2019

I am just a common breed

Bielsa’s Bucket wrote:

We are desperate for a positive result in January. Not sure how we will cope if it’s anything other than good news.

Let’s hope so mate

Bielsa’s Bucket wrote:

Your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

2019 - will be 50 in May, Jesus. Want to be healthier, happier and do more of the things I enjoy. Oh, and leave my job. If I'm there when I'm 50, I'll be there for ever. Onwards and ever so slightly upwards on a gentle gradient.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

You talking a change of career or retiring altogether Harvest?

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Retiring? Bloody hell, I wish. Just something different. Been there 17 and half years and I hate most of them there. I have unhealthy thoughts like an elbow in someone's back at the top of the stairs.

30 years ago I grew my hair long.  Not as a fashion thing, but just to stop people calling me "Suggs",because I looked just like Suggs did.

Fast forward 30 years.  Someone turns on the TV to watch the fireworks go off at midnight in that there London.  Madness are on stage.  My 5 year old grandson runs to the TV, puts his finger on Suggs and shouts, "Look Nana!  It's Grampy singing."

Fuck sake.

People are Twats

Im gonna make a big step towards retiring this year. I want to fuck it all off by 55 and live on £50 a week. Off grid, no leccy, no gas no nothing!

Harvest wrote:

2019 - will be 50 in May, Jesus. Want to be healthier, happier and do more of the things I enjoy. Oh, and leave my job. If I'm there when I'm 50, I'll be there for ever. Onwards and ever so slightly upwards on a gentle gradient.

I'm 50 this year as well.  November.
I want change as well.  I have decided that drink and fags hold me back and make me poor.  I simply cant afford it anymore and I am sick of getting arseholed, properly arseholed, twice or three times a week and feeling like shit the other four days. 

I want to be healthy again and fit.  I have been fit, Very fit, and drank and smoked but I cant keep it up anymore.  Something has to give.

I am not making grandiose plans or public gestures but I am having drysih January and February in the hope I can kick the fags and wanting to up the ante re exercise. 

My wife and I plan on staying in and  cooking for entertainment as opposed to being a pair of bar flys. 

I feel pretty positive about this at present - I am going to London tomorrow to see Chelsea V Forest with child 2, he is banging on about 'cans on the train' and I have zero desire for this at all.  Looking forward to going with him to the game and spending time with him - but booze.  Nah.

Aim Low and miss...

I'm definitely cutting down on the ale. I use it as a crutch too much (AC/DC?). Had a pint on New Year's Day and nothing since. Yes, only three days but I've been off work and it's a Friday and I've had nothing. It's just about breaking the cycle I suppose. The government say have two booze free days a week, that still leaves five though. I'm just taking it down a few notches.