Topic: QPR Away FA Cup

This for me is the water shed. The bogey game, the straw that could break the camels back etc.. Typically the game that is the undoing of previous seasons. Histon, Sutton, Newport et al.. Seeming to detonate a massive self destruct button into previous seasons hopes and dreams.

Will Bielsa play the stiffs, do we have any stiffs any more? Most the match day squad is made up of U23's this season. 

Ideally, I'd like to beat Rangers and get Spurs away in the next round and get beat 1 nil by them. This could be the most confidence boosting scenario. Giving the players experience of playing at Wembley and also testing their skills against a top division side who play fast attacking football.

Re: QPR Away FA Cup

This debate comes up every season. Pointless playing a load of reserves. It just creates problems and a lack of continuity. All I ever hear is 'We need to be out of this so we can concentrate on the league' - because historically that's worked really well.

It's the FA Cup - maybe not what it was but let's try and do something we've not done for 47 years and try and win the bastard thing.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

As always, I want to us to win this up until the moment when we don't where I'll declare that we're better out of it and concentrating on the league.

People are Twats

Any chance to give Dutch Steve a bloody nose. Put out the first XI.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

I'm going. The FA Cup third round is great.

I'm going. The FA Cup third round is great.

Bielsa just named his team for this:

Peacock-Farrell, Shackleton, Ayling, Halme, Davis, Forshaw, Baker, Roberts, Clarke, Alioski, Harrison

.BPF

Shackelton    Ayling     Halme    Davis

Forshaw
Clarke    Baker          Harrison    Alioski

Roberts

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 04 Jan 2019 2:28 pm)

placidcasual wrote:

.BPF

Shackelton    Ayling     Halme    Davis

Forshaw
Clarke    Baker          Harrison    Alioski

Roberts

I'm not saying that's a young team but thanks fuck it's not a school night.

People are Twats

Marcelo Bielsa says he intends to play at QPR - BPF, Shackleton, Halme, Ayling, Davis, Forshaw, Baker, Roberts, Alioski, Clarke & Harrison as centre forward

Bielsa gave an explanation as to why each player will start as he says it’s important to show he is respecting the competition & the fans “who have a special link to the shirt & we must not betray that.” #l

No news of new signings yet but he recognises with Blackman & Saiz gone that #lufc is looking to replace in those areas. He has total trust in Victor Orta to find the right players “provided they add quality to the squad... If we don’t add then we have enough to see us through”

Liam Cooper set to play for the U23s at Hull on Monday. Tom Pearce is ready for first team action after injury. Stuart Dallas’ bone in his foot is well on the mend & he trained today. Izzy Brown is fit but will be ready mid Feb for 1st team action.

Bielsa explanation on team selection:

I'm going to tell you who will start. Peacock-Farrell, Shackleton at right-back, Halme because Jansson will train normally from Monday or Tuesday. Ayling will play too. Davis will play too because Douglas is injured and it's a player who is going to be missing for a while, it's a muscular injury. It's not that serious because he could finish against Nottingham. Forshaw will play as a number four, Baker will play as a number eight, Klich has played 36 games so will be rested. Pablo too will have a rest. Tyler Roberts will play and for the three offensive players Harrison, Clarke and Alioski will play. Bamford is not present I am interested in seeing Harrison as a number nine. When he played there he scored a goal.

Fairly happy with that.

Harvest wrote:

Fairly happy with that.

It's kind of the reserves, but there's not much difference between the 1st team and the reserves these days.

Douglas - Injured, allegedly
Jansson - resting
Hernandez - resting
Roofe - resting
Phillips - suspended

I reckon we'll see 3 new players by end of the month

I’ve got a couple of kids spares for Sunday if anyone wants them

It's not crammed with reserves and youngsters. You could more or less put that side out in the league. Just hate that mentality where you drop nine players and still hope to get something or just limp out. Trophies are there to be won.

V-II us

#DoTheDai \o/

Stroke of genius. The big name players that have lost the last two games are rested to work on their positive vibrations. Some really hungry young guns are brought back in to have a go. Win, great. Lose, no further trauma to the first string and none to the young guns either cos they'll do awright these Bielsa babes.
1-3 Leeds. ( 2-5 is also acceptable ). Manc U at ER in the next round.

king of the slums wrote:

V-II us

Nailed on cert.

People are Twats

Hope we go through. Still love the FA Cup no matter what Sky has done to it. 3rd round always was a special fixture. Bit worried about the if we don't get  anyone we have enough comment but I also think there's maybe an element of making the right noises to the press to him. For a guy who supposedly sidesteps shooters and goes straight for the explosives he sure carries himself with a lot of class.
Liverpool or Man City away for me.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Fri 04 Jan 2019 8:01 pm)

Human kindness is overflowing

I reckon the BBC's live coverage of the early rounds has helped revitalise it a bit. One of the greatest tragedies of 'modern football' is the way top clubs treat it. It's mint. It was the greatest cup competition outside of the World Cup for so many. And deservedly so. Players from all over the world would talk about watching it. How ironic that more of them play here and so many clubs stop giving a shit

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

QPR won't want to risk anything so I'm hoping our 60% is better than theirs.  The test will come if he can keep senior players happy if we get a glamour tie and we drop down the table.

I'd say, fuck you shit-hat, you keep losing, the cup is for the lads and y{he job is the league with massively bigger rewards.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Travis Bickle wrote:

I reckon the BBC's live coverage of the early rounds has helped revitalise it a bit. One of the greatest tragedies of 'modern football' is the way top clubs treat it. It's mint. It was the greatest cup competition outside of the World Cup for so many. And deservedly so. Players from all over the world would talk about watching it. How ironic that more of them play here and so many clubs stop giving a shit

Fucking Champions League which was basically an European league agreed under the table. 

We all tended to get behind our champions.  They won it and deserved their tilt at the big cup.  Now, old rivalries are devalued. 

Money has ruined football.  Made it rich but ruined it.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Remembered who won the FA Cup what year easier than who won the league. FA Cup final day was the pinicle of the football season for me. 3rd round was ace though, little clubs taking thousands all over the country, big crowds, relatively speaking. Only bit I didn't like was we regularly got tonked but the air of anticipation as you waiting on the steps of Bistro 5 with your mates....

Human kindness is overflowing

space wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

V-II us

Nailed on cert.

Definito nunc scitote

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Until winning the cup earns clubs 50 million quid. The Prem teams and top 10 in the championship are going to carry on treating it as an inconvenience.

To stand aside is to take sides.

An ugly 3-0 defeat, red cards aplenty.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.