Topic: Chelsea V Forest FA Cup 3rd round

I've not been to a prem ground for a very long time - in fact I cant even remeber.  I've seen a few Prem teams at the city ground in cups over the years.  So Child two and I decided to go to this.  Tickets were at a premium as they only gave us 3K so a mate, who is an away member, sorted me tickets.

We sent out essentially a first team with the exception of Joe Lolley who had been injured the game before, he came off the bench.  We also fielded a slighly cobbled back four featuring Yacob at CH, he's a 5' 9" DM if you did not know.  Chelsea was a half and half.  Barkley, Luiz, Loftus - Cheek, Morata, Zapacosta and Fabregas starting.  Hazzard on the bench, who came on before the first half was out.

We kept them out for 49 minutes, the defense were really good, throwing themselves in front of everything and working their bollocks off.
Just what you want to see.  Our keeper saved a Fabregas penalty and we had a few digs.  Second half two quick goals from Morata essentially sealed the deal but we pressed and came close twice in a decent 20 minute spell.  If Grabban had played instead of Murphy I think we would have scored.

Anyway.  Points of interest

40K there and Chelsea did not sing or chant once during the game - we never shut up.  Is this what the prem is about?

How does an 18 year old who signed from Exeter two years ago learn how to throw himself around and writhe in 'agony' at the merest hint of contact? (Ampadu).  He is a decent player actually - and that Hudson - Odoi is quality.  Off to Germany by all accounts.

How can an FA cup 3rd round game turn into a wank fest over some French footballer who may or may not be moving to France in january?  When he went off he may as well have done a lap of honour!  Check this balanced match report from the BBC.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46706906

He should remember though his leaving the field was accompanied by a rousing chorus of 'Wanker' from 3K Forest fans.

Fabregas missing the pen was almost as good as us scoring.

https://twitter.com/Easton__19/status/1 … 1745442816

We are being investigated over the 'Chelsea Rent Boy Chant'.  Some of the tweets I have seen from 'Chelsea' fans are laughable.  Criticising us for 'shamlesley standing' and 'singing'.  You could not make it up.  The game is being appropriated by middle class twats and moulded into their image.  I did not join in with Rent boy stuff myself - it's a bit old hat.  Although I happily referred to Frank Lampard as a wanker throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day from start to finish.  The tube in was a laugh - full of Forest chanting and the walk down the  Fulham road seemed to be all Forest.  Half price beer on the concourse and then the game - we did not stop singing from start to finish.  Great day out and we did not embarrass ourselves - what ever the BBC write up tells you.

Bring on Reading Saturday.

Last edited by danpiesley (Mon 07 Jan 2019 11:45 am)

Aim Low and miss...

Re: Chelsea V Forest FA Cup 3rd round

I gather a really nice young lad supporting Forest and who does his own football video show got seriously manhandled by a Chelsea "steward" for the crime of shooting footage outside the ground. Report says lad was "traumatized" by the rough treatment he received.

danpiesley wrote:

40K there and Chelsea did not sing or chant once during the game - we never shut up.  Is this what the prem is about?

You only hear the Chelsea sing when they're pushing people of colour out of trains.

People are Twats

That's a famous old chant!

"Can you hear the Chelsea sing?
I can't hear a fucking thing
You only hear the Chelsea sing when they're pushing people of colour out of trains"

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Mike Jones wrote:

That's a famous old chant!

"Can you hear the Chelsea sing?
I can't hear a fucking thing
You only hear the Chelsea sing when they're pushing people of colour out of trains"

I admit it needs a bit of work....

People are Twats

Good write up dan, what were the Chelsea fans moaning about, that you shouldn't stand up and sing, sounds like typical dull Premiership mentality.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

pipoldchap wrote:

I gather a really nice young lad supporting Forest and who does his own football video show got seriously manhandled by a Chelsea "steward" for the crime of shooting footage outside the ground. Report says lad was "traumatized" by the rough treatment he received.

yeah - by all accounts it was heavy stuff.  Pissed me off in so much as I happen to know a bit about filming on public highways.  He's bleedin' 14 and some arsehole jobsworth took offence.  Fucks sake.

RW - Yeah - I had a look on twitter and found loads of Chelsea fans who moaned as we stood and sang - literally.  You can't make it up.  Having a look at the bios - ex city worker this, home counties that, vegan diet the other.

Last edited by danpiesley (Tue 08 Jan 2019 1:04 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

Surely they sang the Steve Gerrard song.

They sang nowt.

One tiny section to the right of the Mathew Harding stand clapped at one point in unison.  Greeted with cat calls from us.

Oh - one of the best bits for me was when we sang Happy Birthday to one of our subs as he warmed up.  It was his birthday.

Aim Low and miss...

Probably count on one hand the number of times I've sung at a football match.

Human kindness is overflowing

Football has changed dramatically, price, kick off times and football virtually every day of the week. Add the billions of pounds ploughed into stadia and players and it`s a completely different animal than yesteryear.
The football authorities have got what they have craved, a sanatized game where large numbers now turn out at places like Chelsea and other clubs; it wasn`t always like this. Chelsea was always dodgy, along with loads of others, going to Maine Rd was one of my favourites, but I used to be scared shitless coming away from the ground.
I remember Chelsea coming to Leeds twice in `83 and brought loads, I mean a few thousand, there weren`t any replica shirts and the only song I remember is 10 men went to mow. They bricked the bus I was on, as a black gentlemen started waving at them about an hour after the end of the match. My mate, me, him and a woman in her 60`s spent 30 seconds on the bus floor, lovely.

The positives on your recent trip are you didn`t get bricked or get your head kicked in and you could take your lad, you wouldn`t have in the early 80`s. The down side is the atmosphere is shit.

Don`t think all their old heads are dead or don`t ever go. I was on holiday in a seaside resort in SE Asia just over a year ago and a well known Chelsea bloke runs the sport in a bar I`d gone to see Barnsley v Leeds in. He`s in his 60`s now and came over talking, telling me about going to ER in the mid and late `70`s and what a horrible place it was as an away fan. He had flown from Manila to Baku that week to watch Qarabag v Chelsea. Well he didn`t actually watch it, him and about 150 mates, with their sons just sat in a bar and watched it on television. All had tickets, but it was about having a laugh. He added there wasn`t much demand for Qarabag away in a group stage of the CL from your "ordinary fan".
Most of those that went years ago just can`t be bothered with the match anymore.

Not going is the new going, if you know what I mean.

________________________________________________________________________________

Last shoeing I had at a match was at Chelsea about 97.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.