Re: Great Albums You've 'Rediscovered'

Love the bass on " Boy in the bubble".

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Perhaps not really 'great' but certainly rediscovered.

Booka Shade DJ KICKS Mix. Probably not the cup of cha for a large proportion on here, but hey.

A proper eclectic mix of songs by the non-DJ's, something for most, almost. It's more like a Late Night Mix than the typical DJ Kicks series' fare. I looked at the label; 2007. A bit scary, I remember buying it. T2 moment over. Anyway, this lot can sell it better than me...

http://www.dj-kicks.com/booka-shade-dj-kicks/

01.         Passengers – A Different Kind Of Blue
02.         Nôze – Slum Girl
03.         Cerrone – In The Smoke / Ben Westbeech – Hang Around (Wahoo Main Mix)
04.         John Carpenter – The Bank Robbery
05.         Booka Shade- Estoril
06.         Yazoo – Situation (US 12″ remix)
07.         Akiko Kiyama – The Misida Monarchy / Karel Fialka – The Things I Saw
08.         Lopazz – 2 Fast 4 U
09.         Quarion – Play Your Part
10.         John Carpenter – Arrival At The Library / Mlle Caro & Franck Garcia – Far Away
11.         Aphex Twin – Alberto Balsam
12.         Heaven 17 – Geisha Boys And Temple Girls
13.         The Tubes – Drums
14.         Brigitte Bardot – Contact
15.         Booka Shade – Numbers (DJ-Kicks)
16.         Quarion – Karasu
17.         The Streets – It’s Too Late
18.         Amir Ad Fontes – Virtual Nature
19.         Carl Craig – Landcruising
20.         Matthew Dear – Tide
21.         Matthew Dear – Don & Sherri (Hot Chip Remix)
22.         Richard Hawley – Last Orders

Enjoy. All four of you. smile

Last edited by whyIoughta (Fri 31 Mar 2017 9:10 pm)

Never really went away. I think "Remain in Light" is possibly the album I've listened to most in my lifetime so far.

Born Under Punches - the funkiest tune ever to be made by white nerds surely.

I have been drinking.

Rei Momo - David Byrne. 1989, blimey. As we used to say to round our way, it's a rasper.

and

Implies you haven't been playing it on a regular basis.

Loved this album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlFyqniT34U

/\ To me, one of the best ever.

So clever, so musical, so lyrical.

There's some great live archive on this website HJ; http://www.sproutology.co.uk

Dive in...

Not played this for a while. Probably better than Copper Blue.

Last edited by CharlieG (Mon 01 May 2017 10:48 pm)

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Cheers Cuts

Lou Reed - New York

Listened tonight while doing tea. Is there a better album song for song lyrically than this (other than Dylan)?

Not listened to that for years.

Site stalwart.

placidcasual wrote:

Lou Reed - New York

Listened tonight while doing tea. Is there a better album song for song lyrically than this (other than Dylan)?

Posted about it on this very thread. A work of genius. And a proper album. One you can and should listen to in one sitting.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Take off hosers ...

Mercury Rev - All Is Dream

I haven't felt this good for an hour

Happy 20th birthday to the album that kicked this thread off. One of the  greatest things ever to emerge from a recording studio.

Site stalwart.

Been hammering Split by Groundhogs today. First heard Cherry Red on a New Order Back to Mine compilation. Outstanding blues rock power trio. Fast, intense, ardent. Get involved.

Nembutal numbs it all
But I prefer… alcohol!

Veedon Fleece. Van recorded it, released it and refused to discuss it or mention it again. Just saw it as a job. Some job.

Site stalwart.

UF Orb - The Orb. Not rediscovered as such. It never went away, but just playing it this evening and it took me straight back to Friday night 1992. Gettin ready to go out, instead now I'm cooking my wholewheat pasta and supping discount big bottles of Corona from Aldi. Belting LP, not a duff track on it. It's going on again.

That double drop of pesto has just kicked in.

whyIoughta wrote:

UF Orb - The Orb. Not rediscovered as such. It never went away, but just playing it this evening and it took me straight back to Friday night 1992. Gettin ready to go out, instead now I'm cooking my wholewheat pasta and supping discount big bottles of Corona from Aldi. Belting LP, not a duff track on it. It's going on again.

Thats been getting an airing in casa Placido recently. Great album.

placidcasual wrote:
whyIoughta wrote:

Thats been getting an airing in casa Placido recently. Great album.

It is mate. Just finished Blue Room again. What a classic 'magnificent sight out here'. Saw them in Manchester Academy 92/93 and when that line came out they lit the whole place up. House lights, spotlights, searchlights the works. Top notch. They came on to the Sportsnight tune as well. He he.

Ace album.

Site stalwart.

Had a day off recently and went hiking round 3 reservoirs. Was out most of the day. Had UFOrb on the mp3 along with Orbis Terrevum and the moonlandings one. That feeling when your body goes numb from walking and your mind starts drifting.I love the orb.Nothing better for hiking in nice scenery by yer sen. Or even staying in and raiding your mrs's painkiller stash with the headphones on.