Re: Great Albums You've 'Rediscovered'

Harvest wrote:

Ace album.

Yep.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Had a day off recently and went hiking round 3 reservoirs. Was out most of the day. Had UFOrb on the mp3 along with Orbis Terrevum and the moonlandings one. That feeling when your body goes numb from walking and your mind starts drifting.I love the orb.Nothing better for hiking in nice scenery by yer sen. Or even staying in and raiding your mrs's painkiller stash with the headphones on.

Indeed pal.

Orbus Terrarum is another great album. I watched them at Liverpool Uni on a Friday night in 1996 when they toured this album. I was so smitten that me and our kid hot footed it to Manchester Apollo on the Saturday night, got tickets for fuck all off a tout just before showtime and had a ball. Only the downstairs section was open, but halfway through the show, off our barnets we snook upstairs into the grand circle. Sat right in the middle, skinning up until the end of the concert. It felt like being sat at home watching them on a big fuck off telly. Proper memorable.

Last edited by whyIoughta (Fri 04 Aug 2017 10:25 pm)

Running to the Orb tonight, thunderstoms that cleared ... magical

Take off hosers ...

whyIoughta wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Had a day off recently and went hiking round 3 reservoirs. Was out most of the day. Had UFOrb on the mp3 along with Orbis Terrevum and the moonlandings one. That feeling when your body goes numb from walking and your mind starts drifting.I love the orb.Nothing better for hiking in nice scenery by yer sen. Or even staying in and raiding your mrs's painkiller stash with the headphones on.

Indeed pal.

Orbus Terrarum is another great album. I watched them at Liverpool Uni on a Friday night in 1996 when they toured this album. I was so smitten that me and our kid hot footed it to Manchester Apollo on the Saturday night, got tickets for fuck all off a tout just before showtime and had a ball. Only the downstairs section was open, but halfway through the show, off our barnets we snook upstairs into the grand circle. Sat right in the middle, skinning up until the end of the concert. It felt like being sat at home watching them on a big fuck off telly. Proper memorable.

Sounds like an ace night!

whyIoughta wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Indeed pal.

Ha sounds proper ace that! One band I've never seen live and really should have.

Saw them 3 or 4 times. Can't remember an awful lot to be honest. Drinks were spiked I reckon.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Take off hosers ...

Like.

Paris 1919 - John Cale. Great album. No idea what Hanky Panky Nohow is about but it's a great song and has one of my fave lines, 'Nothing frightens me more than religion at my door'

Some stirring tracks on there. The Endless Plain of Fortune is lovely.

I listened to Turin Brakes - The Optimist up today. Some great tracks.

placidcasual wrote:

Great record. One of my best charity shop purchases. 50P

I am just a common breed

placidcasual wrote:

One of my favourite albums.

Why are you pushing info into me... I have no need for it, I'm from the stars.

Listened to Rumours for the first time, start to finish. Iron me a crease down the front of my jeans legs, push the sleeves back on my bomber jacket and rev up the TR7. I'm sold.

Johnny Rotten didn't die for this.

Harvest wrote:

Listened to Rumours for the first time, start to finish. Iron me a crease down the front of my jeans legs, push the sleeves back on my bomber jacket and rev up the TR7. I'm sold.

Funny how many LPs my old man played me growing up that I went out of my way to hate that I now listen to all the time.
Rumours is more Terry Pratchett and Crocs surely?

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Lou Reed - Berlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc54vcmcZKA

Last edited by hendersonjones (Sat 30 Sep 2017 7:59 pm)

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

hendersonjones wrote:

Lou Reed - Berlin

I dare you to name another album that is more depressing than Berlin.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:
hendersonjones wrote:

Lou Reed - Berlin

I dare you to name another album that is more depressing than Berlin.

The entire Dire Straits back catalogue of 80s albums, though I suspect not in the way that you mean

hendersonjones wrote:

Lou Reed - Berlin

Great album!

Ry Cooder - Bop till you Drop

Down in Hollywood

30 years old.
Brings back some cracking memories....'It was war they wanted and war they got, but they wilted in the heat when my Uzi got hot....'

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Just listened to the Monday's album Yes Please. I haven't listened to it for along while. You forget what good players they were, as the making of the album was so tied up with all the drug stories & madness.

The bass & drums are flawless, and the production puts this in the front of the sound what with all the percussion & stuff. Anyone who thinks Ryder was washed up listen to Sunshine & Love. Playing in your womb/room? With your favourite wound.

I listened to the Talking Heads album Naked before this & the drums & stuff are similar. Some of it sounds like the Talking Monday's which isn't a bad thing. Bang on Theme from Netto, the guitar sound is well good, proper wah wah ing.

It's nice when things come back like this!

I am just a common breed

Look Sharp - Joe Jackson. Had this on cassette but no recollection of buying it. First listen in 30 odd years and I can remember practically all the lyrics.

Talking Heads - Naked. In particular the track Democratic Circus, first time I've heard it in years tonight. Great tune.

I love that album - one month in Jersey was the reason - nothing but flowers is a fave - johnny marr - http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/2017/10/07/ … hnny-marr/