Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Off to the sister in laws..she's cooking the full works,all the outlaws there,but the good news is it's walking distance so we can call into the local for a couple on the way down and get totalled when there!

It'll end in tears,always does!!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

i'm just cooking for the mrs, nipper and her mam. Her and her mam argue like Laural and Hardy so I'll have a bit of peace and quiet in the kitchen. Got a turkey ordered from the butchers and will make apricot and chestnut stuffing etc but its quite a straightforward meal to cook really int it? I make it out to be hard work whilst getting steadily larupped and listening to nice music.

Looking forward to the lad enjoying it this year. He's 2 and half and knows whats going on now. I overheard him on his pretend phone last week saying "..yes down the chimney ok? right see you soon, bye". He probably thinks Santa is as clueless and in need of instructions as me smile

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Grandson only 7 months and obviously too young to take it all in,but I''ll make a fuss of him all the same!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Seem to remember eating almost all of these prior to breakfast, apart from the Spangles obviously.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1971-selection-box.jpg

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Flintstones Chop

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/1476052_10152168478577323_2040127229_n.jpg

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Peeled all veg ready for mrs dragon to take over when she gets out of bed . Then I'll probably step back in to carve the turkey crown .
Me , mrs , her parents , my 2 daughters , step daughter and her husband and brother in law . Out laws will ship out about 4 after their nap .
Step son and his bird and my girls boyfriends will come round , drink and hopefully not blood will flow .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Our house,  me,  the Mrs and 2 nippers along with another 13 of her family - 17 in all!

I do most of the cooking and was rushed off my feet Christmas Eve night and christmas Day - rather not have done it but what can you do when she volunteers?

2 turkeys with home made stuffing between skin and breast meet,  couple of small gammons,  World supply of roast spuds (her family Irish and therefore never enough spud), pigs in blankets (natch),  cauliflower cheese,  braised red cabbage,  carrots boiled up in water and butter,  roast parsnips,  sprouts with a garlic/almond/bread crumb topping,  and a delicious (if I say so myself) home made gravy

Was shattered after but everyone really enjoyed it which made it all worthwhile - I guess.......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Who's cooking what? Might have go at that beef loin Gore.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

placidcasual wrote:

Who's cooking what? Might have go at that beef loin Gore.

Go Argentina if you do... http://www.pampasplains.com or  http://www.tomhixson.co.uk/beef/origins … -beef.html

Whole world of difference and worth the extra

In Spain, so defo going out to eat. Everywhere open big_smile

Last edited by gore (Sat 06 Dec 2014 12:23 pm)

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Fucked my family off a few months back. Long story. But we're done. I'm never having any contact again and I'm well rid. Our parents have gone, I no longer need to tolerate their shite. I might go into it here on one of my less manic days. So, I'm staying in Leeds. I have a few invites here and one to go back home with the SP to hers but to be honest I can't face it. So quiet day at home, nice bit of salmon, bottle of Cava, job done. And if that sounds sad it's not, I'm not just grand with it, I''m looking forward to it.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

You do right.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

gore wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Who's cooking what? Might have go at that beef loin Gore.

Go Argentina if you do... http://www.pampasplains.com or  http://www.tomhixson.co.uk/beef/origins … -beef.html

Whole world of difference and worth the extra

In Spain, so defo going out to eat
. Everywhere open big_smile

Long way to go just because you can't be arsed with the washing up!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Mol wrote:

Fucked my family off a few months back. Long story. But we're done. I'm never having any contact again and I'm well rid. Our parents have gone, I no longer need to tolerate their shite. I might go into it here on one of my less manic days. So, I'm staying in Leeds. I have a few invites here and one to go back home with the SP to hers but to be honest I can't face it. So quiet day at home, nice bit of salmon, bottle of Cava, job done. And if that sounds sad it's not, I'm not just grand with it, I''m looking forward to it.

Sounds pretty similar to what mine will be like - although I'll probably do a big fuck off steak and some red wine

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

old yeadonian wrote:
gore wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Who's cooking what? Might have go at that beef loin Gore.

Go Argentina if you do... http://www.pampasplains.com or  http://www.tomhixson.co.uk/beef/origins … -beef.html

Whole world of difference and worth the extra

In Spain, so defo going out to eat
. Everywhere open big_smile

Long way to go just because you can't be arsed with the washing up!

Not the washing up, the wifes cooking.... if she catered for the Taliban they'd all soon surrender.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

A few at ours this year.
Turkey from Keelham farm shop.  Always good. Mrs is a cracking cook to be fair (trained as a chef) so we always do alright.
Two weeks off and am actually planning it a bit this year so I don't go back on the 5th and think why did I waste that....?

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Travis Bickle wrote:

A few at ours this year.
Turkey from Keelham farm shop.  Always good. Mrs is a cracking cook to be fair (trained as a chef) so we always do alright.
Two weeks off and am actually planning it a bit this year so I don't go back on the 5th and think why did I waste that....?

Different with kids, especially young kids. Enjoy it.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Sounds pretty similar to what mine will be like - although I'll probably do a big fuck off steak and some red wine

Here we are big_smile

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/oscar-madison-and-felix-unger__140226044608.jpg

Last edited by Mol (Sat 06 Dec 2014 11:52 pm)

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

After an hour's phone conversation tonight I'm being press ganged into going to Headingley to be with her mates, mine too from home. Nice couple and we get on grand. So we'll see, I said I need a few days to think about it. Do not fancy it and I'd really rather be on my own but there are no kids involved so maybe. She's in town pissed after walking out on me earlier this evening so maybe she'll forget. big_smile

Did I say conversation? I meant lecture.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

I'll be cooking for the multitude.

My tactic is to keep shovelling food and drink into people until they fall asleep then enjoy the peace and quiet.

Eating tofu and hating it.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Toast - the place on Wellington Street not the food. Works do. Would have been ok but it appears daughter has been invited seeing as she is working at our place.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Our lasses sisters for us. About ten of us in total and it's always top class food, good drink and we have a laugh.  It can then get a bit tetchy and recent gatherings have been pretty eventful. I walled the brother up in Belfast and had run ins with them all basically. The sister can be lovely but can turn funny. She'll be pushing 30 stone and is strong in mindset as well as body. Last month she decked her brother so it might get pretty interesting. ...

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Bridge of Don in Aberdeen, with our lasses Mum, Dad and family. Its normally a pretty tense affair, but taking the kids to the park is usually a good escape, even though its normally Baltic as they say in those parts.

Share

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-12/11/5/enhanced/webdr12/enhanced-10482-1418295097-13.jpg

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Decision made. After years of travelling to in-laws or back to Ireland I really cannot be arsed shifting anywhere on Christmas day. Especially when I'm not fecking obligated to do so. But friends get so offended when you turn down their invite. Why? I'll be much happier on my own.

"We just didn't like the thought of you there on your own.".

"I'll be grand, can't wait. No pressure, just chill out.".

"Oh, right. Really?.".

"Yes. Really. I'm looking forward to it in fact.".

"Oh, in that case.".

"You two have a lovely day though.".

I might just stay in bed all day.  big_smile

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.