Re: Christmas Dinner. Where? When? What?

Ours. The kids and their significant others and Mrs G's parents. Fuck knows what we're having as the eldest and the youngest are cooking starters and main and the middle one is doing the puds. I'm in charge of cheese and booze.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Jesus it a sounds so depressing.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

No Christmas here, but got tree up and downloaded A Christmas Carol with Alistair Simms. Mother in law and niece flying in from Japan. In effect 4 headstrong lasses and me. I'll be cooking. We'll have a nice Welsh lamb leg and all the trimmings. No pigs in blankets mind, but we'll have the rest of the shit and try to make merry..

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Its the left over Turkeyathon...

Today will see a Turkey noodle minestrone soup for lunch and a turkey curry for tea

I'm still struggling with the left over Wagyu beef on this side as well. I should have known 2.3 kg was gonna be too much for me and 3 lasses. Good job I cooked it rare, bought a meat thermometer this year, so heating it up and banging it in a crusty role with some horseradish sauce is not the worst leftovers I've ever eaten.

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

king of the slums wrote:

I'm still struggling with the left over Wagyu beef on this side as well. I should have known 2.3 kg was gonna be too much for me and 3 lasses. Good job I cooked it rare, bought a meat thermometer this year, so heating it up and banging it in a crusty role with some horseradish sauce is not the worst leftovers I've ever eaten.

Bought a meat thermometer too

Had a decent free range turkey coming in at 7kg - suggested cooking time was 4hrs 10mins.  It was for the wife's family as we were taking it round to her sister's place - looking to feed 10 adults and 8 kids so wanted it to be proper

Never believe those suggested time so checked after 2hr 30 mins and it was done - over done if anything.  God knows what it would have been like if I'd followed the suggested cooking time......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Loads of turkey and sausage meat stuffing left. Genuinely a little bit excited left over sandwiches for lunch.

Used one of those one use plastic turkey thermometers this year.  It was the best £1.50 I've ever spent.  Also went for an expensive farm bought turkey rather than an Asda special and it tasted of turkey, rather than of not much.

Also in...  get fresh sage leaves and cut them in half.  Lay the long strips of sage along your chipolata sausages and wrap in streaky bacon.  Glaze with some more sage finley chopped, sea salt and a healthy dose of maple syrup.  Make fucking loads of them or you'll have none left to server up when dinner finally arrives.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

About to have mine, microwaved, at work. Kids said it was dlish yesterday. I always think it's better the day after anyway. Would be nice to have it at home but someone's got to man the pumps and make America great again.

In Cutsyke we trust.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Have you ever weighed your pack up? A little under two and a half pounds.

It's either true love or the life insurance.

Pretty hefty that. Has she shoved some cans in, being Christmas an'all?

Apple pie, chocolates but no ale. I have her car today. Feel like one of those pythons after it's eaten a whole deer. Might not move again this shift.
All the males in her family eat like they may never get the chance to again. Weighed 180lb when we got married, around 215 these days. Do you think there's a link?

In you roll after your shift, shagged out. Plod upstairs, step out of your gear, leave it on the floor, don't bother to have a wash, just collapse into bed. She stirs and tries to start a conversation, still half asleep and not opening her eyes. 'Tough shift?'
You, by now seconds from the land of nod, face buried in pillow. 'mmmmm'.
'Enjoy the food?' she ventures, knowing that she's practically lost you for for the next few hours and she can still grab a couple more herself. No reply. Thirty seconds go by. Then you omit the most enormous fart without even stirring.

Thirty more seconds go by.

'I'll take that as a yes then'.

Another minute passes and you're both snoring.

Drinking wine and watching Netflix

I ended up here http://strathardleinn.co.uk/ with daughter/bf and his extended family having the christmas feast which was ace (i went for the trio of meats obviously) view this morning
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15665940_10154337562218042_4670263343555992095_n.jpg?oh=2ecd176811539a3f0169e5d7e719e76c&oe=58D639B0

^ That "python just eaten a deer" description by Cuts.

That.

"We are The Fall"

At home nice and relaxed. Turkey an't trimmings..

I miss most of the people on this thread

Coincidence.  I read this thread yesterday.  Was going to post in it but didn't.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Harvest wrote:

Only most of them?
Some you don't miss then?

lol

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Turkey is not a great meat, gets dry really easy.  We are going for 3 bird roast, ham and pork.

I prefer the pie and pickles on boxing day anyway.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I love turkey sarnies more than the main event.

placidcasual wrote:

I love turkey sarnies more than the main event.

With stuffing. Perfect. I look forward to the sprouts. Fucking love spouts.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Only most of them?
Some you don't miss then?

lol

Couple I could live without.