Topic: Bingley Music Live

Accidently deleted the last thread trying to edit my first post roll

http://www.bingleymusiclive.com/

Tickets
Tickets are only required for Saturday 30th August. Admission for Sunday 31st August is free, tickets are not required.

Advance Tickets: £12.50 (adults/children)

Bunnymen for free 10 mins from home. cool:cool::cool:

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

Re: Bingley Music Live

kaydubya wrote:

Tickets
Tickets are only required for Saturday 30th August. Admission for Sunday 31st August is free, tickets are not required.

They were mighty fine at T in the Park (McCulloch as chatty as always big_smile )  Have a good un KW

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Seems one of those 'too good to be true' events with the given lineup.

Fancy a 6'some or even 7'some OC - other half plus kids maybe? Trains seem ok.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

heyho wrote:

Seems one of those 'too good to be true' events with the given lineup.

Fancy a 6'some or even 7'some OC - other half plus kids maybe? Trains seem ok.

Sounds good, keep me posted eh old bean, there's a poss we'll be on hol then.  Delays on as well, plus Alabama 3 who I missed last week.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

kaydubya wrote:

Tickets

Where's it confirm line ups for each day?

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:
kaydubya wrote:

Tickets

Where's it confirm line ups for each day?

Bit more info here.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7855199674

Just got my tickets by post today.

Great line up. Better than Glastonbury!!

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Two R's wrote:

Just got my tickets by post today.

Great line up. Better than Glastonbury!!

The Usual Suspects is a better line up than Glastonbury this year.

I thank you and goodnight.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Line-up
Saturday 30th August
Happy Mondays
8.00pm – 9.30pm

Happy Mondays were first discovered at the Hacienda Nightclub by legendary late pop impresario Tony Wilson, and by the late 80's they were part of the Madchester music scene. Having scored top 5 hits with Kinky Afro and Step On, the band have since split, reformed, split and reformed yet again. Since 2004 the band has regularly toured and played festivals such as Glastonbury. The band includes front man Shaun Ryder who has featured on the Gorillaz track Dare and "Bez" who won Celebrity Big Brother in 2005. In 2008 and in addition to closing the show at Bingley Music Live Happy Mondays are playing Wakestock and Live at Loch Lomond, making this the only opportunity to see the Mondays in the North of England this year.

www.happymondaysonline.com
www.myspace.com/happymondaysonline

Special Guests
6.45pm – 7.45pm

Ok, so who’s filling this slot?
Well they’re pretty special we can tell you that much. Unfortunately that’s all we can say right now due to exclusivities with other festivals.

Keep visiting the website for updates.

Special Guests
5.45pm – 6.30pm

Again, due to exclusivities with other festivals we are unable to announce this act but we reckon you'll be pleased with our selection.

Got your tickets yet?
Don't miss out!

Terrorvision
4.45pm – 5.30pm

Terrorvision formed in 1987 under the name The Spoiled Bratz. Based in Bradford the band went on to record a thirteen UK top 40 hit singles with Tequila reaching number 2 in January 1999. The band have since split, reformed, split and reformed again, coming again in 2007. The band are playing dates across the UK this summer culminating with a "homecoming" appearance at Bingley Music Live.

www.terrorvision.co.uk
www.myspace.com/officialterrorvision

Delays
3.50pm – 4.30pm

It's been a quiet couple of years for Delays, but with their third full-length album Everything's the Rush released in May on Polydor/Fiction and summer slots at the Isle of Wight Festival, Oxegen, T In The Park and 02 Wireless already in the bag, 2008 is looking pretty crazy for these Southampton chaps. Mixing up the sounds of The Stone Roses, The Smiths, The La's and The Beatles, Delays produce quintessentially British indie full of heart-wrenching harmonies and jaunty rhythms. Everything's the Rush should see them cement their position as one of the classiest and most distinctive guitar bands around today.

www.myspace.com/delays
www.thedelays.co.uk

Infadels
3.00pm – 3.40pm

Signed to the cooler-than-cool Wall Of Sound label (Soulwax, Mogwai, Royksopp), Infadels are all set to unleash their splendid new album Universe In Reverse, which includes one of the finest songs of the year so far - Make Mistakes. They've played over 300 gigs in the last two years, including tours with Franz Ferdinand, the Chemical Brothers and Arcade Fire, and have now honed their sound to a very sharp point. And Universe in Reverse is an impeccable record - 'bursting with energy, growling guitar melodies and hooks in abundance. It is, in short - the definitive Infadels record' - Glasswerk.

www.myspace.com/infadels
www.infadels.co.uk

Ebony Bones
2.20pm – 2.50pm

This lady has been going bananas on music blogs everywhere and is perhaps the most talked about act in London right now. Highly regarded by Radio 1’s Zane Lowe, Miss Ebony Bones post-punk style has been compared to that of the legendary Grace Jones. She dresses like a bag lady on acid and looks like an explosion in a crayola factory…oh and she also looks fabulous. A warning! Miss Bones looks like she eats skinny indie boys for breakfast. Ebony Bones is definitely someone to keep an eye on.

www.myspace.com/ebonybones

Sergeant
1.40pm – 2.10pm

Sergeant are a 4-piece indie rock band from Glenrothes, Scotland. In 2007 they signed a contract with Mercury Records. The band have played both T in the Park and Glastonbury festivals and have attracted a fanbase and media attention extending well outside their Scottish base.

"Officially the most exciting band in Scotland", "like summer bursting out of a fruit and barley bottle" say NME. Bingley welcomes the boys from Fife.

www.myspace.com/sergeantmusic
www.sergeantmusic.com

Billy the Kid
1.00pm – 1.30pm

Billy The Kid is Mattie Chipchase, former The Hayze / The Romance frontman, this time backed by his Brothers Barbaylios and with a new sound that we reckon is a rather genius amalgamation of Johnny Cash and The Libertines. Managed by Ignition (who also look after some band called Oasis...) and with support slots with Dirty Pretty Things and The Pigeon Detectives already under their belts, it’s no surprise that the nation's A & R elite have been spotted in Stockton's finest night spots in recent times. The next twelve months are guaranteed to be pretty special for these local scallywags, so pop along and find out for yourself what all the fuss is about.

www.myspace.com/musicbillythekid

Michael Mallinson
12.20pm – 12.50pm

Booked into a recording studio for a 16th birthday present Michael Mallinson cut his first demo of a song he had written weeks before. Amazed at the maturity of his voice the recording studio offered to support him in his development and placed a team of world class musicians behind him. Included in the line up are Kenneth Higgins, who appears on Corinne Bailey Rae’s multi platinum debut album and Chris Dawkins, whose credits include Nightmares on wax and the Oceans 11 soundtrack. Micheal has also garnered interest from both the head of Columbia records UK and the team of writers behind Paulo Nutini and Dido who are keen to write material with him.

www.myspace.com/michaelmallinson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 31st August
Echo & The Bunnymen
7.30pm – 8.30pm

Formed in the late '70's in Liverpool, the Bunnymen have had 10 hit albums and 13 UK top 40 singles, the most successful being Nothing Lasts Forever in 1997. Lead vocalist Ian McCulloch and guitarist Will Sergeant have been with that band from the start, other members of the group have come and gone over the years leading to changing directions and different levels of critical acclaim. New material is promised from the band later this year with McCulloch stating that its The best we've made, apart from Ocean Rain. The band have toured extensively and this year have festival appearances lined up at T-in the Park, Oxygen and V, as well as a headline spot closing the free day at Bingley Music Live.

www.bunnymen.com
www.myspace.com/thebunnymen

Alabama 3
6.15pm – 7.15pm

Alabama 3, the British band who achieved international acclaim when their track Woke up This Morning was used as the title song in the award winning TV series, The Sopranos, will play the guest slot at Bingley Music Live on Sunday. The festival favourites are notable for their innovative fusion of styles, lyrics and their outrageous live performances. Every member of the group has an alias by which they are known, the band's founding members adopting the personas "Larry Love" (Rob Spragg) and "The Very Reverend Dr. D. Wayne Love" (Jake Black). Alabama 3 certainly bring something very different to the line up.

Special Guests
5.20pm - 6.00pm

Unfortunately Golden Silvers are no longer available but we are working on a replacement act who will be revealed soon.  Keep checking this page for details.

The King Blues
4.25pm – 5.05pm

East Londoners who combine elements of old-skool ska, reggae and punk to create a sound that easily justifies comparisons to Sublime, Operation Ivy and even ultimate scene-daddies the Clash.
They spent 2007 playing the likes of Leeds & Reading festivals, supporting Hard-Fi at Wembley, touring with Gogol Bordello and Capdown, while still finding the time to keep their feet on the ground with a succession of shows in squats and community centres.
Recently snapped up by Island offshoot Field Recordings, the boys look set to take their socially-aware and politically-charged music to the masses.

'This is my favourite album of the year!' - Mike Davies (BBC Radio One)

www.myspace.com/thekingblues

Go:Audio
3.30pm – 4.10pm

Straight from tours with Scouting For Girls and Hello Goodbye, supercharged-pop quartet Go: Audio have been all over Radio 1, Kerrang, MTV and MTV2 for the past few months, with tracks like Woodchuck and Made up Stories finding favour left right and centre.

The pop-punk thing might get a bit of a bad press these days, but there's much more to these boys than latest inheritors of the poisoned chalice that is 'the new Busted' tag.
Kerrang are already backing the band, and there's definitely a bit more of a rock element in there. More rock than Busted, I hear you cry!? Yeah! You better believe it. Throw a bit of The Killers and Something Corporate into the mix and you're probably just about there.

myspace.com/goaudioband

The Sylvias
2.25pm – 3.15pm

The Sylvias, fronted by twins Stef and Sami Rose of Finnish descent allied to two great musicians from Manchester - Chris Joyce and Johnny Evans. The songs played by The Sylvias create a heady, blissful mix of words and music that capture the simplicity of emotions and purity of feelings. Listen for yourself and enjoy the melodies and harmonies of The Sylvias.

www.myspace.com/thesylvias

Desert Eskimo
1.45pm – 2.15pm

Formed in 2006, Innis Stiles, Bryan Cooper and Ed Berry threw their musical spices into the melting pot and found Desert Eskimo. Still in their relatively formative stages, the Leeds based band’s set showcases a collection of sharp and streetwise songs. Free from the restraints of their previous band projects, this trio are only too happy to share with everyone their treasure trove of melodic riches. Desert Eskimo won their slot at this year’s festival by winning Shipley’s pm Lounge Bar’s annual Battle of the Bands competition.

www.myspace.com/deserteskimouk

Redwire
1.05pm – 1.35pm

Redwire are a 4 piece rock band from Bradford who take their influences from 70’s punk through to current indie creating a sound that combines melody with catchy sing along choruses.

www.myspace.com/redwireofficial

Hundred Dollar Cigar
12.25pm – 12.55pm

The band, Luke Womersley, Pat Friis and John Driscoll have been together for about 4 years and so far have recorded two CDs of their own. The band say it’s all about making their performances different by improvising and jamming and making a 3 minute song last 10 or 20 minutes.
The bands are influenced by a wide range of genres, the two main influences being Cream and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hundred Dollar Cigar were runners up in Shipley pm Lounge Bar’s Battle of the Band competition.

www.myspace.com/hundreddollarcigar

http://www.bingleymusiclive.com/lineup.html

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Ta for that BLB.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Redwire are good.

City fans too.

kaydubya wrote:

Redwire are good.

City fans too.

well thats a good reason NOT to go see em!
big_smile:D:D:D

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Molasses wrote:

I'm going along tomorrow. Edit to add, day late. Won't make tonight now. roll

Errr.... its next week sad

7nation army wrote:
Molasses wrote:

I'm going along tomorrow. Edit to add, day late. Won't make tonight now. roll

Errr.... its next week sad

I know, been a bit of a blur this weekend.

Dear MR ******,

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

You have booked to attend BINGLEY MUSIC LIVE at Myrtle Park, Bingley West Yorkshire on SATURDAY 30/08/2008 at 12.00

You have ordered the following tickets

Reference ******** - 1 UNRESERVED at £ 13.75
Plus a Transaction fee of £  1.50

Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us.

You have been charged £  15.25 and this will appear on your statement as 'EVENT TICKETS'

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Mol you gonna be wearing on of your Bradford / Inferior T Shirts in Bingley next weekend? smile

See you all this evening. Bit overcast at the moment, but it hasn't started pissing it down just yet.
Taking the kids down tomorrow. It'll be fun if it's a mudbath.. especially with a pram and a plastic pint pot.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Met 2 R's in the beer queue before he shot off to the VIP bit backstage. Only saw Scouting for Girls who were not as bad as expected and the Monday's who were simply brilliant. Might give tonight a miss looking at the weather.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Molasses wrote:

Met 2 R's in the beer queue before he shot off to the VIP bit backstage. Only saw Scouting for Girls who were not as bad as expected and the Monday's who were simply brilliant. Might give tonight a miss looking at the weather.

just dropped the wife off in bingley now...meeting her mates,all echo and the bunnymen mad....fucking pissing it down....no brollies allowed,hee hee!!

fuck that,im a fair weather gig man...few beers in the local for me...!!

big_smile

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Great weekend.
Good to bump in to BLB (who mysteriously missed the gig!) and Molasses. The beer didn't come any faster from the VIP bar! Weird that. Some times you could walk right up - others it was a queue going nowhere.
Anyway - Stunning gig by the Mondays. Superb... Ryder looked messy, but managed to stay on his feet, whilst Bez was bouncing... and tonight was simply awesome. Alabama 3 and the Bunnymen were on top form. And it was free! A bit muddy, but worth getting dirty. McCulloch looked like a tramp, but sang like an angel. Best festival in the North!

Last edited by Two R's (Sun 31 Aug 2008 11:10 pm)

Ah but if I'd have gone in I'd have missed out on helping a deranged Saltaire pensioner fund his canned meat fetish, nearly get run over by a 1930's morris oxford, meet a fellow Wire fan & discuss Kima Greggs, Sam Valchek & Teresa D'Agostino , drink pints of hemlock and be very disappointed with the quality of a donor kebabs

Did they play Kuff Dam?

Two R's wrote:

Great weekend.
Alabama 3 and the Bunnymen were on top form. And it was free! A bit muddy, but worth getting dirty. McCulloch looked like a tramp, but sang like an angel.

Bunnymen were as good as I've seen them, the new one that was played bodes well for the new album release later in the year.

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:

Ah but if I'd have gone in I'd have missed out on helping a deranged Saltaire pensioner fund his canned meat fetish, nearly get run over by a 1930's morris oxford, meet a fellow Wire fan & discuss Kima Greggs, Sam Valchek & Teresa D'Agostino , drink pints of hemlock and be very disappointed with the quality of a donor kebabs

Did they play Kuff Dam?

That kebab creased me up the next day when I woke up on my mate's couch at 5:30am. had to walk back in to Shipley to get a taxi home. I said we should have gone for a curry.

Bunnymen were fucking brilliant. I was right down the front in my wellies.

Load of kids there to start with, handfull of tracky and baseball cap types and a few groups of spikey haired Killers or Kooks or whoever types. Soon shifted when a load of fat fuckers in their 30s and 40s surged to the front to bounce about.

Alabama 3 were brilliant too.

Yeah you were deffo right about the kebab, but I'd had Fridays nights take away curry for Saturday's breakfast mate.  roll Just fancied a change.

Also didn't really fancy a curry in Shipley when I heard the tales about what went on the Connection (which was at the time meant to be Shipley's poshest eaterie)

We took the kids down the front for the Bunnymen. Great first gig for our Lucas. One year old and I had him bouncing up and down on my back to the Back of Love. My eldest loved the mud. Not as much as some other kids who were covered head to toe in the stuff Glastonbury style.
Well impressed with BMDC for putting all that on for next to nowt. Macca was impressed too.
"You've got a great thing going here - I hope you can keep it..."

Nothing Ever Lasts for Ever tho..."

Thought it was sound til I collapsed with a kidney infection. Had to get carted off by Paramedics then taken home.

Only two basterding songs into Echo and bunneymen as well.