Re: Christmas Watch

king of the slums wrote:

Is there still an Arndale Centre in Bratford?

No, they shut Bratfud down due to lack of interest.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Top Tip. Go to the German Market in Millenium Square in Leeds and sod the dozens of pubs and bars within two minutes walk.  instead, queue for two hours in the freezing cold to get into a prefabricated timber shed to listen to a shit band whilst surrounded by loads of students.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

How come there are no tales of Z List celebs turning the Christmas lights on this year? 

Heard about two incidents (can't remember where);

1. One town had a Robbie Williams tribute act.
2. Somewhere else, the display was that poor that when the Mayor flicked the switch, the gathered masses booed.

Warms the cockles of yer heart!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4365/30651806.png

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P13974285.jpg

Seldom Seen Kid wrote:

surrounded by loads of students.

i knew at least one of them.. hahaha

Mokhtar Dahari Forever wrote:
Seldom Seen Kid wrote:

surrounded by loads of students.

i knew at least one of them.. hahaha

MDF - quickly becomes the new Ad big_smile

#DoTheDai \o/

Wife went to put her horrible fake christmas tree up last night but couldn't find it.  Someone, and I'm not saying who, did a very good job of hiding it at the back of the loft in january.

Eating tofu and hating it.

spacecadetdave wrote:

Wife went to put her horrible fake christmas tree up last night but couldn't find it.  Someone, and I'm not saying who, did a very good job of hiding it at the back of the loft in january.

You mean your wife will actually venture into your loft!!!!

Mine had me shopping around for green coloured ornaments for the tree as last years purple ones apparently wont go with the new decor.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

spacecadetdave wrote:

Mrs SSK was less than complimentary about my "less than committed/under duress" effort to decorate the tree.

On the bright side, it did, for a while, prevent her from worrying unduly about Kate Middleton's morning sickness.

Oh, and I got my first "Are you ready fror Christmas?" yesterday.  On December the f***ng 3rd.  It came from a fat, slightly effeninate slob on the checkout at the supermarket who looked like he hadn't stopped eating pure goose fat since last year.

Just had Come Dine With me Christmas special on cable over here. The one with Jonah Lewie

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:

Just had Come Dine With me Christmas special on cable over here. The one with Jonah Lewie

Was that the one in the kitchen?

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Christmas is cancelled at Chez Hawkins. We're off to Angkor Wat. I shall probably burn in eternal damnation for it but I think that was assured anyway so Jesus can fuck right off.  After 49 years I am fairly assured that God hates me, so Im just going to hate him right back. He's a big lad that God, but he's out of shape...

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Silly twats at our place already taking names for the Christmas Party.
Told em to come back in 6 weeks,when I might be vaguely interested....which I won't!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Looking forward to it if only for the two weeks off, been in the Building Trade since I was16 so never worked the in between Boxing Day/ New Year thing. Curse of the self employed not getting paid for it though so getting in a few Saturdays to make up for it.
But Christmas itself gets on my tits, starts the day after Halloween so by the time 25th Dec comes round you're fed up to the back teeth of it, the shopping, the shit songs, the stressheads etc..
Anyway that's it from me I Wood News at Ten, Bradford

I'm sure Slade are warming up as I type,, the arch cunt in the office and possible clandestine gayer will be organising secret santa. Some Doress who you'd normally avoid will be planning a a Christmas party ambush.  Fal lal lal lal la la la la la.  Role on Easter...

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Xmas is going to be ace this year. TT Jnr will be three.

Take off hosers ...

TTTTTTTT

The time that Tiny Toronto Ted turns three.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

I Wood wrote:

Looking forward to it if only for the two weeks off, been in the Building Trade since I was16 so never worked the in between Boxing Day/ New Year thing. Curse of the self employed not getting paid for it though so getting in a few Saturdays to make up for it.
But Christmas itself gets on my tits, starts the day after Halloween so by the time 25th Dec comes round you're fed up to the back teeth of it, the shopping, the shit songs, the stressheads etc..

same here mate , self employed for 25yrs in the construction industry , two weeks off no holiday money , enjoy the time off but it just makes looking forward to christmas a chore no work no money .

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

hendersonjones wrote:
I Wood wrote:

same here mate , self employed for 25yrs in the construction industry , two weeks off no holiday money , enjoy the time off but it just makes looking forward to christmas a chore no work no money .

One of the reasons I bailed out of the building trade that.
2 weeks off at a time of year when the weathers crap and no dosh to boot.

Our lass came home with the announcement that if we weren't going away, her mum and dad were spending Christmas Day with us.

I had booked a cottage in Whitby for the Christmas week within the hour.

I love christmas me, I love the doing nothing and watching old films. Its December I have a problem with or rather December has a huge problem with me as it just seems to be drunks, grief and a load of agg. Looking back I think its probably safe to say that I have managed to get myself into more scrapes in December than all the other months of the year put together.

So I am abolishing December until the 24th. No parties, no customer dinners, no after work get togethers and I am fucking off abroad about the 10th, which only gives me 9 days not to come to grief.

Ho fucking ho

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Christmas lost it for me when they stopped showing Laurel and Hardy films over the Holiday period!
They can shove it now.

Laurel and Hardy's not just for Christmas y'know.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

Laurel and Hardy's not just for Christmas y'know.

Yeah,but it helps!