Topic: Beer of the day

Otter Brewery

Bright

http://www.otterbrewery.com/

Starting to like The Museum Tavern now I've realised the've a few people there capable of pulling a pint.

They've got two pumps of that Morrissey Fox stuff which I'm not going to have on acount of them coming over like cunts on that programme, but other than that differet guest ales every time I go in - whcih is every night now. Getting pissed sees me through the week in my new digs.

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

Re: Beer of the day

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/images/m-plbeerb.jpg

The Yanks do it best.

What are your thoughts on the Osset Brewery's move for world domination - they seem to be taking over shit loads of good pubs and breweries too.

kaydubya wrote:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/images/m-plbeerb.jpg

The Yanks do it best.

Its not bad at all....bottles are a bit small though. Have you tried either of these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralph-dot/2535351145/

or

http://www.caledonian-brewery.co.uk/80_home.html

Oddbins were doing a special offer on the 80%.

Glad to hear that.

Was drinking Silver King on Saturday, they do some nice stuff.

Any local brewery expanding can only be a good thing at the moment, with the credit crunch coupled with the governments war on pubs and responsible drinkers.

Much rather go in a pub with a Taylors or Copper Dragon sign outside than any other.

Jut looked on the website and obviously they're all over Halifax, Hudders way whcih is why I've not been in one.

Black Bull, Liversedge

Rat & Ratchet, Huddersfield

Three Pigeons, Halifax

Shepherds Rest, Sowerby Bridge, Halifax

Travellers Inn, Hipperholme, Halifax

Shepherds Boy, Dewsbury

The Riverhead Brewery Tap & Dining Room, Marsden, Huddersfield

The Drop Inn, Elland, Halifax

The Tap, Ossett

Fernandes Brewery Tap & Bier Keller, Wakefield

White Horse, Emley

The Silver King, Ossett

The Albert, Keighley

I'll have to make the trip out to one of these over the Christmas period.

http://www.copperdragon.uk.com/brewery-own-inns/

Gore - not had the 80 shilling stuff, but just been on the Caledonian website and I'm a broken man, one of my favourite bottled beers was there Edinburgh Strong Ale that used to be available from Tescos a few years ago, it looks like they've discontinued it. Bloody lovely it was.

Not had either.

They have some great beers in the US though. I'd love to do a beer tour over there, like that wine film one with the two fella's who's name escapes me, but with beer.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Gore - not had the 80 shilling stuff, but just been on the Caledonian website and I'm a broken man, one of my favourite bottled beers was there Edinburgh Strong Ale that used to be available from Tescos a few years ago, it looks like they've discontinued it. Bloody lovely it was.

Got hooked on it when working in Edinburgh, they used to sell it in frozen glasses. Marvellous

You can get the Marstons in El Corte Inglis -2.50 Euros for 500ml mind

Ordered spome Yellow Hammer bitter for crimbo from these lot     www.blackislebrewery.com

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

kaydubya wrote:

The Albert, Keighley

mate from work (Steve the Tiger) likes a drink in the Albert, it's a decent boozer.  Bit poky like

Talking of which 2rs is playing K'ley this Sunday if you fancy a trip to the dark side, not sure I can make it tho

got an hangover penciled in for Sunday

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Not sure what to get as my christmas beer - my selection is limited to the range at Morrisons, Landlord is favourite at the moment but if anyone has any strong recommendations I'll test them out first. The Adnams Broadside is an option though it's a bit heavy to have more than the odd one here and there.

kaydubya wrote:

Not had either.

They have some great beers in the US though. I'd love to do a beer tour over there, like that wine film one with the two fella's who's name escapes me, but with beer.

Once got completely twatted on Sierra Nevada in a pub in the west village. They served it chilled. Ended up in a german restaurant round the corner called liederhosen on bitberger afterwards. Funny place even the drag queens were drinking steins. Top beer that Sierra Nevada on draft.

Try the Marstons its a bit stronger, but really nice drinking.

If you like Guinness, give Nog a try - if you ever see it - a Norfolk speciality

They flog Copper Dragon in that little pub near the canal by Thrsostle's Nest, LS18 - lovely

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a great pint too

Cutsyke wrote:

Guinness. Today and everyday. Beer of the day.

With a fry up or cabbage and corned beef?

Tonight I am mostly drinking Veltins Pilsner.

http://www.lemarkbbc.com/images/bottles/485_Veltins.JPG

£9.49 for a case of 12 from the fridge from Oddbins.

I know this isn't the wine thread but I also bought some excellent Syrahs and Shirazes.

Last edited by kaydubya (Tue 03 Feb 2009 9:09 pm)

just a thought,but given the amount of beer,wine,sausage rolls and pasties you seem to get through....you should be the size of a male vanessa feltz!! (horrible thought i know:D)
tongue

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Tonight is Adnams Broadside £1.69 a 500ml bottle from Tescos. Purely medicinal, but welcome. Nice chilled smile

old yeadonian wrote:

just a thought,but given the amount of beer,wine,sausage rolls and pasties you seem to get through....you should be the size of a male vanessa feltz!! (horrible thought i know:D)
tongue

Must be the hours of excercise I put in. hmm

gorefidel wrote:

Tonight is Adnams Broadside £1.69 a 500ml bottle from Tescos. Purely medicinal, but welcome. Nice chilled smile

Good stuff is that, I've sang it's praises before, but no more than two at a time before moving onto something a bit easier on the belly.

Smutty Lips wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Good stuff is that, I've sang it's praises before, but no more than two at a time before moving onto something a bit easier on the belly.

Stuck them in the freezer for 30 min..... Lovely. Had three and then bed seemed a really good idea.

onandoff wrote:

If you like Guinness, give Nog a try - if you ever see it - a Norfolk speciality

They flog Copper Dragon in that little pub near the canal by Thrsostle's Nest, LS18 - lovely

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a great pint too

The Abbey?

A nice Summer's day beer walk is starting in Rodley, pint apiece in the Owl and Barge both of whom have a selection of decent real ales, walk onto the Abbey for a couple, then another bit of a walk onto the West End at Kirkstall, who have 2 or 3 decent real ales on....and Old Rosie Cider yikes

Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity

Ad's Website

Ad wrote:

....and Old Rosie Cider yikes

Now you are talking.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

St Peters India Pale Ale. 5.5% and very tasty. And 6 nations on the telly. smile:):)

McEwan's Champion Scottish Ale. 7.3% but very smooth, dark and malty. Tesco special offer. Brilliant cold.

Bottle of Landlord from Waitrose (first time I've ever seen one let alone been in, discovered they do the best ready meal curries)

It's Landlord.

In a bottle.