Re: Beer of the day

kaydubya wrote:

Bottle of Landlord from Waitrose (first time I've ever seen one let alone been in, discovered they do the best ready meal curries)

It's Landlord.

In a bottle.

Curries are the best by far of the supermarket stuff. The basmati with carrot and Spinach along with chicken sag massala  is pretty damn fine for a pale imitation. Everything else in there is way more than Tescos - wine, beer.

The landlord is ok. St peters is great, as is the speckled hen in there.

Last edited by gorefidel (Wed 18 Feb 2009 11:21 pm)

Bitburger, 4 bottles for £3.30 in Waitrose.

Go nicely with one of their chicken vindaloos.

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

Morrisons in Bromsgrove are doing bottles of Spitfire for a quid.  Got a bag full.

Eating tofu and hating it.

Thornbridge Jaipur IPA 5.9%, absolutely perfect. Bought it in a nine pint cask from the brewery, £21 so not cheap. Perfect companion for lamb chilli masala & Performance on the dvd.

The beer I had the other week was called Credit Crunch. Any attempts to find out who by or where are hampered by the popularity of the search term.

Anyway it was nice.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

http://www.coach-house-brewing.co.uk/news/5.jpg

Last edited by Misura (Sat 28 Feb 2009 1:52 pm)

Beer names are brilliant aren't they?

You can literally call a beer anything.

Morrisons deal of the week is four bottles of Grolsh for 2 quid.  They're also doing bottle of Hobgoblin for 1.32.

Eating tofu and hating it.

Anyone tried that Leeds Brewery Pale Ale? 4.0% I think, not too heavy, lightly hoppy and refreshing. Asda £1.40.

****Fuck me, today I've posted about sausages, beer and Hawkwind. Has it really come to this?****

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Wetherspoons in Bingley are knocking out Elland Bitter at £1.65 a pot.  Really nice pint and very reasonable on the wallet for the bonusless bankers over the road

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Leeds Brewery Best Bitter is really nice.

Quite amusing watching people order it at the FC on a match day as no one will say it's name, just 'that one' big_smile

I don't like the Leeds Pale and Best, nothing much about them flavourwise. The Elland Beers have all been pretty good when i've tried them. Just been back to England (again) and managed a few trips to pub the highlight was some beer from The Oxfordshire Brewery - the low point was that Mitchells Gold Award wasn't that good when revisited.

http://www.darkstarbrewing.co.uk/images … 9.indd.pdf

Hophead from these people. Light enough for a good quaffing. Available at the Borough Arms, Crewe. That's The Borough Arms Crewe.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

The Dark Star Full Moon supped at the beer festival was a tasty mild.

Leeds Brewery Midnight Bell is my favourite.
Always in good nick at the M.Bell on Water Lane before / after a match.

That Midnight Bell is lethal - got it on down our village local, 10 pints and you're talking Hungarian.

Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity

Ad's Website

I have become rather partial to this one of late:
http://www.duchyoriginals.com/traditional_ale.php

Clarke's Blonde

"We are The Fall"

Brains; The Rev. James.

Spicy...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Jekyll's Gold

Very light, bit fruity and you can't tell it's 4.3%, brewed in Manchester by Hydes but don't let that put you off

http://www.combermere-arms.co.uk/images/ale_jekylls.gif

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

guess i must be a tart as i like lager. so i suppose a double d is out of the question.

Anyway carling or carlsberg (which is only 1.80 in salters compared to 3.00 everywhere else around)

John Smiths's winners tipple; first two were nice, became cloggy after that.

round robin of beers...

Thinking back after looking at old photos. Me and Slant we'd sometimes head to the Duck & Drake after the match - lots of others in there too - if you were a bit short on cash, two pints of 'snake bite' made up of half a pint of scrumpy and a bottle of Russian stout (12%) would set you up nicely. Three and I didn't give a fuck about Battler sneering at me either.

Went through a good few Becks last night while bouncing around the www. Very nice. Feel fresh as a daisy this morning.

Last edited by Cutsyke (Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:57 pm)

I dont think slant would actually comment on which tipple he would prefer, just any

Innis + Gunn is something I've starting supping whilst indoors, Nice stuff.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Cutsyke wrote:

Thinking back after looking at old photos. Me and Slant we'd sometimes head to the Duke & Drake after the match - lots of others in there too - if you were a bit short on cash, two pints of 'snake bite' made up of half a pint of scrumpy and a bottle of Russian stout (12%) would set you up nicely. Three and I didn't give a fuck about Battler sneering at me either.

Went through a good few Becks last night while bouncing around the www. Very nice. Feel fresh as a daisy this morning.

I remember the Whip banning snakebites (as did a few other places) because of the effects they thought it had on their punters..... like it made any fucking difference.