Re: Transfer Rumours

Is this Chewbacca lad any good?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Great.  We sign another cunt with short brown hair and a beard.  I'm face blind.  I'll have to learn their numbers this season.

At least Itchy-bitchy's got long hair.  I'll know who he is at least.

Last edited by space (Thu 31 Aug 2017 3:29 pm)

Share

3,703

Re: Transfer Rumours

CharlieG wrote:

Is this Chewbacca lad any good?


In Radz we trust

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

We going all out attack from now on?

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Harvest wrote:

We going all out attack from now on?

We're using what I call a 0-0-10 "Phallanx" formation.  One attacking player gets the ball and the other 9 surround him in a circle, then they run into the oppositions goal in a big mass.  It's foolproof.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

The more photos of this Pierre-Michel Lasogga that I see, the more I think "Nutter". Why were Hamburg so keen to push him out on loan  ? hmm

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

CharlieG wrote:

The more photos of this Pierre-Michel Lasogga that I see, the more I think "Nutter". Why were Hamburg so keen to push him out on loan  ? hmm

He reminds me of Euron Greyjoy.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

allegedly Man U A Madrid and other top clubs were after him ( I bet that came from his agent)
He's young, pretty fast- faster than that spanish kid- and cheap...expect a few mill profit if sold on, which seems to be the new practice with Orta/Radrizzani

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Fiery jack wrote:

allegedly Man U A Madrid and other top clubs were after him ( I bet that came from his agent)
He's young, pretty fast- faster than that spanish kid- and cheap...expect a few mill profit if sold on, which seems to be the new practice with Orta/Radrizzani

DHM seems to be slating him somewhat on twatter.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

space wrote:
Fiery jack wrote:

allegedly Man U A Madrid and other top clubs were after him ( I bet that came from his agent)
He's young, pretty fast- faster than that spanish kid- and cheap...expect a few mill profit if sold on, which seems to be the new practice with Orta/Radrizzani

DHM seems to be slating him somewhat on twatter.

Different signing, get's confusing we've had so many.

The big lumbering CF, Lasogga, is getting slated, he's a head the ball, lazy, but tends to turn it on when on loan to prove a point, is the one DHM is digging dirt on.

Our new LW from Malmo, who I think FJ is talking about is a 10 to 15 goal a season left-footer who can cross, cut inside and score, looks a bit light to me but wingers tend to be whippets and the Swedish league has plenty of battling, so should be okay with it. Needs a haircut mind..

Last edited by king of the slums (Sat 02 Sep 2017 3:06 am)

snake hips

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Wouldn't it be better to actually see how they perform before making a judgement and slating?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to actually see how they perform before making a judgement and slating?

Probably.
Who'd have thought that Wood would bag 30 goals ...and then we'd sell him for 15 M

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Lasogga's a big unit and has the ability to put weight on. He was hotly tipped about 3/4 years ago as the next big thing, did it a reserve & youth level, but has not lived up to the hype. Part due to injuries (which he picks up due to the weight he carries & his rough & tumble play) & part due to Hamburg struggling. He's also got a bit of a reputation of being a loon. He's on a decent wedge, and it's a suprise that his team have got him off their books. He's certainly hasn't been prolific recently, with 13 goals in 76 appearances. Danke.

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

So it's official....,Lasogga is shite then?

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

So it's official....,Lasogga is shite then?

Who knows, or dares to dream? He might be acemons. Hamburg's owner said the following:

"He is a phenomenon (at Hamburg) because the lungs are always hanging out here. We gave him a five-year contract and a yearly salary of over three million euros after half a good season? That was suicidal, he's the flop of the century.”

He's got a point to prove. smile

"To tell you the truth, a lot of the younger lads don't care about the FA Cup, they think it's just something your Grandparents talk about. They'd rather we got knocked out." Trevor Davies - Streatham Rovers Football Club

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Misura wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

So it's official....,Lasogga is shite then?

Who knows, or dares to dream? He might be acemons. Hamburg's owner said the following:

"He is a phenomenon (at Hamburg) because the lungs are always hanging out here. We gave him a five-year contract and a yearly salary of over three million euros after half a good season? That was suicidal, he's the flop of the century.”

He's got a point to prove. smile

It begs the question why we are taking him on, and presumably a chunk of his salary. There's clearly some strategy in it. LUFC putting him in the English shop window for Hamburg and % slice of the sell on? If he plays well, we can't lose maybe?

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

According to Victor Orta, we are close to signing/ have signed an Asian player. Radz was in Tokyo last week, so wonder if he's Japanese? That would be good, it'll get the sponsors interested I am sure.

edited - Just spotted this, so maybe we are getting a Japanese player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiya_Fujita

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 05 Sep 2017 9:40 am)

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Mitaman wrote:

According to Victor Orta, we are close to signing/ have signed an Asian player. Radz was in Tokyo last week, so wonder if he's Japanese? That would be good, it'll get the sponsors interested I am sure.

edited - Just spotted this, so maybe we are getting a Japanese player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiya_Fujita

As you say,  if he's a good 'un then the Japanese will be all over LUFC.  Might even help with more investment

I also wouldn't mind a few more female Japanese fans around ER smile

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

According to Victor Orta, we are close to signing/ have signed an Asian player. Radz was in Tokyo last week, so wonder if he's Japanese? That would be good, it'll get the sponsors interested I am sure.

edited - Just spotted this, so maybe we are getting a Japanese player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiya_Fujita

As you say,  if he's a good 'un then the Japanese will be all over LUFC.  Might even help with more investment

I also wouldn't mind a few more female Japanese fans around ER smile

Exactly, it is singularly the only reason to go and watch a J-League match. The crowds are about 45% - 50% women! They love their football. I see Sony on the front of the Leeds shirt, that would go well I think..

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

No stone unturned!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Mitaman wrote:

According to Victor Orta, we are close to signing/ have signed an Asian player. Radz was in Tokyo last week, so wonder if he's Japanese? That would be good, it'll get the sponsors interested I am sure.

edited - Just spotted this, so maybe we are getting a Japanese player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiya_Fujita

Fujita-san's on twitter, he's been with us about a month now, suspect we'll get a Japanese player soon enough which will be ace.

Orta's comment points at a big name, so this is possibly an unsettled foreign player in China who wants back to Europe or someone coming off contract, like Hulk? Only big name at the moment in Japan from a UK perspective is Honda and he's just gone to the Mexican league.

There's a few great players out here, but none hint at a big name, we could sign the J-League's top scorer and he'd still be unknown.

Fujita has close ties to Jubilio as well as that's where he played, so Kengo Kawamata, could be an option, 4th highest scorer so far this season, nice player but will he make it in England?

snake hips

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Off contract in China, work permit permitting would be a good take, 31 so not going to ask for silly money and gets the home of football on his resume...

And I say this having watched him for a season at Tokyo Verdy as a 19 year old and he was shit, then he went to Porto, then Zenith and is a free agent now I believe as he only signed 1 year.

You will not like him when he's angry...

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 06 Sep 2017 8:54 am)

snake hips

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Mitaman wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

According to Victor Orta, we are close to signing/ have signed an Asian player. Radz was in Tokyo last week, so wonder if he's Japanese? That would be good, it'll get the sponsors interested I am sure.

edited - Just spotted this, so maybe we are getting a Japanese player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiya_Fujita

As you say,  if he's a good 'un then the Japanese will be all over LUFC.  Might even help with more investment

I also wouldn't mind a few more female Japanese fans around ER smile

Exactly, it is singularly the only reason to go and watch a J-League match. The crowds are about 45% - 50% women! They love their football. I see Sony on the front of the Leeds shirt, that would go well I think..

Only went to one match when I was over there for a few months - Sendai v Kashima I'm pretty sure it was

I remember the drive from Utsunomiya was about 4 hours but the experience was more than worth it!

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

As you say,  if he's a good 'un then the Japanese will be all over LUFC.  Might even help with more investment

I also wouldn't mind a few more female Japanese fans around ER smile

Exactly, it is singularly the only reason to go and watch a J-League match. The crowds are about 45% - 50% women! They love their football. I see Sony on the front of the Leeds shirt, that would go well I think..

Only went to one match when I was over there for a few months - Sendai v Kashima I'm pretty sure it was

I remember the drive from Utsunomiya was about 4 hours but the experience was more than worth it!

Utsunomiya, home of the gyoza, love that place, proper countryside. What were you doing out here?

snake hips

Share

Re: Transfer Rumours

king of the slums wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

Exactly, it is singularly the only reason to go and watch a J-League match. The crowds are about 45% - 50% women! They love their football. I see Sony on the front of the Leeds shirt, that would go well I think..

Only went to one match when I was over there for a few months - Sendai v Kashima I'm pretty sure it was

I remember the drive from Utsunomiya was about 4 hours but the experience was more than worth it!

Utsunomiya, home of the gyoza, love that place, proper countryside. What were you doing out here?

I did 2 x 3 month stints working for my then employer,  GSK,  in Imaichi

I had a car and drove there every day from Utsunomiya where i based myself as it's a cracking city with plenty of great places to eat and drink.

Countryside was great as you say,  some lovely spots.  Visited Nikko obviously and had a few thermal spas - did some walking and got mugged by spurious sulphur clouds

As you say,  gyozas were awesome as was pretty much everything

Said it before,  I would go back tomorrow if I was single with no kids

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share