Re: Transfer Rumours

Delph to Everton? - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal … 092928.stm

Well the headlines in this and the EP are saying Leeds Deny Everton-Delph Link, so it must be true then roll

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Ooh a signing. Jason Crowe from Northampton, right back. Frazer on his way then.

Site stalwart.

Is it a 'wow' signing Harvest?

Any idea what he's like?  I'm trying hard to remember him, but that doesn't mean owt.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Ex-Arsenal and Pompey etc.  30 yr old, seems a decent signing, certainly better than the present incumbents?

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Not a 'wow', more of a 'who?'

Official site says 'former Arsenal youngster' as if he's some starlet when in fact he's 30 and has also been at Palace, Pompey, Brentford, Grimsby and we got him from Northampton.

Site stalwart.

Like you just said.

Site stalwart.

My colleague at work a Cobblers fan is depressed, says he's a good player

For relegated team. We should get rid of the grass and play on sand. They'd all feel at home then.

Better players, like championship level who are experienced battlers. This one has to be better than the rest we have played at full back, but ffs we need someone with ...nah I'll stop the lecture

I asked my Palace mate what he was like. One word reply - 'crap'.

Oh good.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

I asked my Palace mate what he was like. One word reply - 'crap'.

Oh good.

A Palace mate of mine said similar about Derry when we signed him. 

Like GF said, he has to be better than what's played there of late, and Grayson seems v pleased.  He'll do for me if he can run quickly, tackle, keep the ball in on the correct side of the touchline, mark wingers and kick a ball.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I`ll stick with Graysons knowlege of players for the time being.

My problem is money or lack of it. What`s the remit, sign players if their out of contract, we`d been linked with Holdsworth from Huddersfield (free) and now we ve signed a player on a free.

Is Bates ever going to spend any money?....................stupid question

________________________________________________________________________________

It's the same old situation though innit?  Clubs are waiting for incoming funds before making outgoing spends.  NU won't be buying until they've sold.  But course, it could well be that Bates won't give SG any pocket money.  For whatever reason, I'm not worrying yet, we got Naylor on a free and would get Sodje on a free too, both bloody great so far imho.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

zicoslovechild wrote:

I`ll stick with Graysons knowlege of players for the time being.

My problem is money or lack of it. What`s the remit, sign players if their out of contract, we`d been linked with Holdsworth from Huddersfield (free) and now we ve signed a player on a free.

Is Bates ever going to spend any money?....................stupid question

Grayson has a track record at operating on small budgets at this level. He did it at Blackpool. I have no idea if the new guy is any good. They are at least buying at the right position, so that's something.

The results to date under Grayson buy him my vote even if he buys donkeys. The summer is always bullshit and you never know until just before the season starts.

If they invest serious money in any position.... Its midfield and a decent forward to replace Beckford IF he goes (not exactly a feeding frenzy for the new Pele is there?)

Last edited by gorefidel (Tue 16 Jun 2009 8:10 pm)

Apparently Beckford was offered 12 and a half grand a week.
My barber got this from somebody who I imagine would have some inside knowledge hmm

Last edited by Matt the Bat (Tue 16 Jun 2009 9:17 pm)

Matt the Bat wrote:

My barber got this from somebody who I imagine would have some inside knowledge hmm

He would have been mad not to take that.

He will not get a better deal then that anywhere else and I hope because of that fact, that's it's not true.

snake hips

king of the slums wrote:
Matt the Bat wrote:

He would have been mad not to take that.

He will not get a better deal then that anywhere else and I hope because of that fact, that's it's not true.

Since found out the source is more tenuous than I initially thought
I'd be inclined to disregard roll

We're being linked with Danny Graham of Carlisle according to the YEP. Thought he was anonymous when we had him on loan.

Site stalwart.

Just mailed by mate about Danny Graham and thought his reply was worth posting...

Adequate at our level but we need to be building a squad of players with the potential at least to play higher.

Part of the reason that we have steadily declined is that we have not been building a squad, we have continually had a squad of 5 or 6 too many players. We have ended up with the likes of Prutton, Weston , Sweeney, Da Costa, Sorsa, Hughes, Showunmi, etc, etc....

All the journeymen do is fill the subs bench and the reserves and stifle the progress of our youths.
We then end up having to pay them off, just to leave.

Blackwell was the worst, if he had based his side on the following we would have survived then pushed for promotion 5 years ago:

Carson, Richardson, Pugh, Killa, Carlisle, Lennon, Walton, Spring, Milner, Deane, Heally.

Rant, Rant, Rant

Site stalwart.

Bit harsh on Prutton that, imo.  Not his biggest fan by any means but he generally ran his bollocks off when selected I thought.

And Showumni hasn't had long enough yet, I think if he's given a chance he'll score a fair few not pretty goals.  I don't like Hughes and don't quite understand how hs profession actually is football, and Weston in a way too.

The others, though I could well be wrong, didn't make it much even on the bench.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

They're all a bunch of cunts.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Well yeah, we all know that.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I suppose a flurry of activity would unnerve us all but if Crowe was any good he would have had better teams than Northampton sniffign around him before nowoffering him better wages.  We have to trust Grayson, he is the man in charge but surely we are a big enough team to atract something more than 3rd Division journeymen and I include Graham in this. 

I want to defend Andy Hughes too.  He has performed at a higher level than this and whilst not the silkiest of footballers he's 100% and will be key to us scrapping our way out of this league.  He's a better RB than Douglas or Frazer and when played in midfield he has more drive than most, he links up well witht eh forwards.  This might sound controversial but many of our problems can be linked to the way Beckford plays and us pandering to it.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Disagree RP, Hughes has the heart of a lion, is committed to the cause, runs his bollocks off, has great rapport with the fans and will always stand up and be counted - problem is he's shit.

Site stalwart.

l.q.navarro. wrote:

They're all a bunch of cunts.

Yep, I'm with you. And they smell of cheese as well.