Re: Transfer Rumours

Harvest wrote:

Disagree RP, Hughes has the heart of a lion, is committed to the cause, runs his bollocks off, has great rapport with the fans and will always stand up and be counted - problem is he's shit.

I agree there, it's nowt personal, I just don't think he's good enough.  He looks a right good laugh and one of the lads but it doesnt really qualify him for much more than being good for morale.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Harvest wrote:

Disagree RP, Hughes has the heart of a lion, is committed to the cause, runs his bollocks off, has great rapport with the fans and will always stand up and be counted - problem is he's shit.

With Harvest all the way on this one. Top guy, grafter, and I would go for a pint with him. I would however be annoyed if he got picked before me in my local 5 a side team. And I'm a shocking footballer.

Was talking to an Arsenal fan yesterday and he remembers Crowe as a skillful player, he seemed surprised when i said we'd got him as a right back as he played centre back with them.

Grayson hasn't signed a bad defender yet, the two loan strikers were questionable but if we start next season like we played for Graysons first 6 months we'll be in good nick. I want us to keep beckford though.

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

I'd prefer he stayed too, I suppose there is a slim chance he will.

Well said re Grayson's defender-signings, and don't forget he's got rid of two overpaid right backs as well lol

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

david harvey's monkey wrote:

Was talking to an Arsenal fan yesterday and he remembers Crowe as a skillful player, he seemed surprised when i said we'd got him as a right back as he played centre back with them.

Grayson hasn't signed a bad defender yet, the two loan strikers were questionable but if we start next season like we played for Graysons first 6 months we'll be in good nick. I want us to keep beckford though.

Agree with you re; Grayson and defenders, done v well up to now.

Surprised your Arsenal mate formed an opinion on him, he only made 3 appearances for them the first, he never touched the ball, according to a bloke at work. He was sent off after 33 seconds (the fatest sending off on a debut in English football history).

Must have watched him in the reserves.

I`d like Beckford to stay, it`ll all depend on his agent though won`t it.

________________________________________________________________________________

I think he had seen him in reserves or youth, he instantly remembered him.

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

old codger wrote:
Harvest wrote:

I agree there, it's nowt personal, I just don't think he's good enough.  He looks a right good laugh and one of the lads but it doesnt really qualify him for much more than being good for morale.

How many times has either Frazer or Douglas been awful and Hughes come on and got all over a particular winger.  Yes he gives free kicks away but he will also never let someone dance around him or routinely slice the ball into touch.  He's really not as bad as people make out at all.  There have been times when he's played further up the pitch and looked and competent link man. 

Maybe he should be as unprofessional as Robinson, who yes occasionally shows us how could he could be but pretends to be a professional footballer whilst diving all over the shop and looking like he's got a fucking cushion shoved up his shirt, the fact cunt.  If he isn't fit after a full pre-season I'd sack the fat fucker.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

How many times has either Frazer or Douglas been awful and Hughes come on and got all over a particular winger.  Yes he gives free kicks away but he will also never let someone dance around him or routinely slice the ball into touch.

Huddersfield away last season. Just one example of Hughes at his worst. Regularly found touch when unpressurized, kept giving the ball away, was skinned repeatedly by their winger and eventually went off injured. I haven't got it in for the bloke, I just think he's rubbish.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

How many times has either Frazer or Douglas been awful and Hughes come on and got all over a particular winger.  Yes he gives free kicks away but he will also never let someone dance around him or routinely slice the ball into touch.

Huddersfield away last season. Just one example of Hughes at his worst. Regularly found touch when unpressurized, kept giving the ball away, was skinned repeatedly by their winger and eventually went off injured. I haven't got it in for the bloke, I just think he's rubbish.

Fair do's, I accept he's limited.  I just think he has something to offer, particularly from the bench but I haven't been to every game so accept I may have missed some of his more cack performances.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Harvest wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Fair do's, I accept he's limited.  I just think he has something to offer, particularly from the bench but I haven't been to every game so accept I may have missed some of his more cack performances.

Well RP, you seem to have it in a bit for Robinson who has tons more skill (and weight tongue ) than Hughes and has proven it a fair few times.  Hughes does have something to offer, his great energy and commitment for two, but in my mind we should be looking for more than that.  He's an average utility man at best.  Put it this way, I won't be bawling if he comes on as sub ever but I won't be giddy with expectation either.  And to be fair to Robinson, he does need to prove himself and get properly fit but he has been that cliche of an 'impact' substitution a few times. 

Not too bothered that you haven't seen him in every game but I can honestly tell you that I've seen Hughes at right-back and he has looked one of the dimmest players ever - I think it was P'boro where he and Robinson funnily enough, instead of deciding who would pick up their dangerous winger, BOTH left him unmarked.  We won though big_smile 

You know they're on about lots and lots of players being at risk of ending their careers early?  Well I'll say this for Hughes - some players don't earn their crust but he is one that does his best and never stops working hard.  An honest pro, but bottom line for me is, I don't think he's good enough, he's like Dill the Dog!

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Well RP, you seem to have it in a bit for Robinson who has tons more skill (and weight tongue ) than Hughes and has proven it a fair few times.  Hughes does have something to offer, his great energy and commitment for two, but in my mind we should be looking for more than that.  He's an average utility man at best.  Put it this way, I won't be bawling if he comes on as sub ever but I won't be giddy with expectation either.  And to be fair to Robinson, he does need to prove himself and get properly fit but he has been that cliche of an 'impact' substitution a few times. 

Not too bothered that you haven't seen him in every game but I can honestly tell you that I've seen Hughes at right-back and he has looked one of the dimmest players ever - I think it was P'boro where he and Robinson funnily enough, instead of deciding who would pick up their dangerous winger, BOTH left him unmarked.  We won though big_smile 

You know they're on about lots and lots of players being at risk of ending their careers early?  Well I'll say this for Hughes - some players don't earn their crust but he is one that does his best and never stops working hard.  An honest pro, but bottom line for me is, I don't think he's good enough, he's like Dill the Dog!

I think Robbo needs to wake up as he could find himslef with no career, no financial security and a new wife askign him why his football career fell on it's arse.  I hate to see wasted talent, on th other habnd I think Hughes earns his money.  It's a good example of how application and drive can get you to the same place as skill if not applied properly.

I want to see Robbo start the season as no1 on the left with that additional spark only fitness can give him.  He probably think's he's John Robertson but he aint.

Nice Herbs reference OC.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
old codger wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

I think Robbo needs to wake up as he could find himslef with no career, no financial security and a new wife askign him why his football career fell on it's arse.  I hate to see wasted talent, on th other habnd I think Hughes earns his money.  It's a good example of how application and drive can get you to the same place as skill if not applied properly.

I want to see Robbo start the season as no1 on the left with that additional spark only fitness can give him.  He probably think's he's John Robertson but he aint.

Nice Herbs reference OC.

Ta lol:lol::lol:

And I like your argument Reg too.  Now Robertson, there was a fantastic winger who looked more like a binman!  One of my all time favourite players he was.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
old codger wrote:

Nice Herbs reference OC.

Ta lol:lol::lol:

And I like your argument Reg too.  Now Robertson, there was a fantastic winger who looked more like a binman!  One of my all time favourite players he was.

Wasn't he just great.  There's something about great wingers that is so exciting.  It's the "is he going to take him one?  Woooaahhh....." then it's either RowZ and a fullback picking bone out of his studs or the winger putting the killer ball into the box.

And usually the latter with Robertson.

I never knew, or I'd forgotten, that Peter Taylor signing him for Derby from Clough's Forest was what made PT and BC fall out big time.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I bet he's lardy(er) now. Saw Kenny Burns on something not so long back. No stranger to the sweet trolley now.

http://www.brianclough.com/forum3.jpg

Kenny Burns - fucking hell!!!!:o:o:o

Harvest wrote:

http://www.brianclough.com/forum3.jpg

Kenny Burns - fucking hell!!!!:o:o:o

Burnsy look slike a Victorian copper with no helmet.

It was the Clough documentary - I finally got round to watching it last night.

On the BBC website...

Leeds still monitoring Flahavan

Leeds United are still interested in signing Crystal Palace goalkeeper Darryl Flahavan on a permanent deal.

The 30-year-old joined United on loan towards the end of last season but did not play a game, mainly due to injury,

"He is on the radar as are a number of other players," manager Simon Grayson told BBC Radio Leeds.

"We need competition for places all over the field and if I feel I need to bring in another keeper and have three then Darryl's ideal for me."

Grayson added: "Darryl is a good lad, he trained well and had an impact on what we did at the end of last season.

However Grayson has said young stopper Alan Martin could be ready to step up tot he first team and push Dane Casper Ankergren for the number one jersey.

If we think Alan Martin is ready to push Casper Ankergren for the number one spot then we will stick with two goalkeepers and go with those two
Leeds manager Simon Grayson Martin spent last season on loan at Barrow, where he impressed greatly, and could step up after the departure of David Lucas.

"I'm sure Alan thinks he is ready to step up," said Grayson.

"If we think Alan is ready to push Casper for the number one spot then we will stick with two goalkeepers and go with those two."

I know its early so i maybe wrong but sure sky sports just announced (text info bar at the bottom of screen) that Warren Feeney is about to sign for Leeds will wait an hour to see if it comes up again.

Okay so it didn't take an hour but it says he is having a medical on Monday.

Last edited by voldoakwood (Sun 28 Jun 2009 9:38 am)

Got it from Reg site - Lee Jendrie rumoured to be interesting Leeds yikes

Thanks for the nod re Feeney - isn't he a lesser version of David Healy?  And he started here didn't he?

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

This lad should be a journalist with questions like this.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMDY9ZdgFY

________________________________________________________________________________

Think I meant Hendrie, not Jendie, I don't know him or her.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

zicoslovechild wrote:
old codger wrote:

This lad should be a journalist with questions like this.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMDY9ZdgFY

I like how he deals with the question as if someone's asking him if it's true that green is his favourite colour or summat!

Love Leeds, Hate Bates